Any good hidden gems ?

Andrei-Balan

American Fugitive, amazing isometric open world shooter from an indie studio tha deserves your support. 8 Euros in my territory's PSN store, should be similar for yours (or just buy it from the Turkish store for an extra discount). Plat is easy but there are some collectibles involved - three DLC Trophies but they are free.

2 minutes ago, DocJackson- said:

Gris, from Nomada Studio, an amazing and beautiful indie that everyone should play. It's on sale right now and the platinum is easy. 

Oh i wanted to buy this game but i didin't know is on sale right now. I put the game on the list and I'm waiting for more suggestions :))

1 minute ago, Blood-Stalker1 said:

I say 

mercenary kings 

metal slug xx 

cladun returns this is sengoku 

i find this games wonderful and they have a Nic that not a lot of people platinum it 

Metal slug games are masterpieces.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, ThE_mAnIaC_417 said:

Tesla vs Lovecraft is surprisingly fun

Staying with isometric twin-stick shooters: Alienation, Helldivers, Magicka 2, BDSM

If you keep an eye out for Diablo 3, I think I got it for $13 on sale. That is definitely a great game for that price. The transition from PC to console was flawless. The game actually feels better on the console, like it was made for it. If you do deiced to get it, you can always send me a message if you need any help. 

3 minutes ago, StressEater said:

If you keep an eye out for Diablo 3, I think I got it for $13 on sale. That is definitely a great game for that price. The transition from PC to console was flawless. The game actually feels better on the console, like it was made for it. If you do deiced to get it, you can always send me a message if you need any help. 

Thanks for the suggestion but i play diablo 3 on pc :)). If you are an rpg fan Titan Quest is another amazing rpg is on ps4 too but is kinda hard to play on console because the game it's made to be played on pc with a mouse. Is playable on ps4 too of course but is not the same.

- Journey to the Savage Planet is an amazing game which was released in February of this year but almost no-one is talking about it :(. Its retail price is £25 but has been on sale for £15 and will almost certainly go lower in the near future. It currently has 1 free DLC and 1 premium DLC, both of which are decent. The Plat time for this is about 11-15hrs but the 100% will take approx another 12hrs on top of that. The difficulty isn't more than a 3/10 for the Platinum and about a 4/10 for the 100%.

- Another sorely underappreciated gem is Song of Memories, which has been on sale for under £9.50 in recent past and is well worth having if you're into Visual Novels. You can Plat this in under 5hrs if you just skip through everything but you would be doing yourself a grave disservice by doing that though, because the various stories are really heartfelt and often pack a powerful gut punch. The difficulty for this, is about a 2/10 if you use a Guide but approx a 4/10 if you don't

- Astroneer is currently on sale for £16.24 and even though that's above your $10 limit, it's well worth it if you want something like No Man's Sky or Subnautica but not as complicated. This game currently has 1 free DLC that was patched in at launch. I can't give an accurate estimate for how long this take to Platinum and 100% but at a guess, I'd say you're looking at 30hrs+. Difficulty wise, I estimate this to be a 2 or 3/10.

- Dead or School is another overlooked game that no-one talks about but it's currently £25 so way above your $10 budget, though I recommend getting it if you can find a cheap copy. It's a tricky games but if you're used to Metroidvania titles, then it shouldn't give you too many problems, plus it's a fairly short game if you follow a Guide.

- Whilst not strictly speaking a hidden gem, Detroit: Become Human is a decent game and one that has been on deep sale many times but isn't hard and won't take you that long to Platinum.

2 hours ago, RedDevil757 said:

Guacamelee 1 and 2 are great. Apotheon and the recent Terminator game also. All in sales regularly

I can vouch for Terminator: Resistance - it's the best Terminator game I've played since T2 on the Amiga and is miles better than Terminator: Salvation on the PS3 :).

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

I thought Soul Axiom was a really cool game. It doesn't really have any combat or challenge to speak of, but the idea is that you get these powers that allow you to phase, create/destroy platforms, etc. These abilities help you to solve puzzles in the different levels. Each level is unique: one is at a beach, another is in an ice castle, and another is in a museum. The platinum isn't difficult. It requires you to find some collectibles and get the different endings. If you're looking for something chill to play, I definitely recommend it. Some of the levels give me a neon / retrowave vibe which really appeals to me, which may be why I loved it so much. :P

Trophy list: https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/4775-soul-axiom

Gameplay: 

Another fun game is No Time to Explain. The trophies are a little harder on this one, and there's no platinum, but it's not impossible by any means. The easiest way to describe this game is that it's very similar to Flash games on the internet. You traverse through different worlds while platforming and solving puzzles with a massive laser gun. Some of the worlds have you playing as different characters and have different game mechanics, but the ideas felt very fresh and it just good, goofy fun. It's not a long game; it only took me a handful of hours to beat and about 10 hours to 100%, but if you liked Flash games or like a good cartoony platforming game, you should check this one out.

Trophy list: https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/4393-no-time-to-explain

Gameplay: 

It's $20 but Wattam from the guy who made Katamari is a real fun time with a relatively simple platinum. Full of bugs and can be frustrating but the gameplay loop is pretty satisfying and cute. Only a couple hundred people on here even have the game and I'd recommend it despite the technical problems

3 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

The PS4 version of Minecraft is a broken mess at the moment for a lot of people, due to several trophies being either buggy or outright unobtainable :(.

I meant it as a joke. (Hidden gems in the game itself) ;)