The Witcher 3 coming to PS5

Suminya

I mightactually try for platinum on the PS5 version. I got almost every other trophy besides the Gwent trophies on the PS4 version (I played enough Gwent to learn it and found it really easy but mind-numbingly boring).  As long as the price isn’t high I’ll probably buy this early since it was such a great game. 

Edited by Quink666

7 hours ago, zizimonster said:

I suspect it'll be a free upgrade. :hmm:

probably for GOTY version. Not Vanilla... then again... MK11 vanilla upgraded no prob, just didn't have Ultimate content. 

Never could bother learning Gwent before. Was confusing. Maybe this time... but the save scum needed to get cards may be a headache lol

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Infected Elite said:

probably for GOTY version. Not Vanilla... then again... MK11 vanilla upgraded no prob, just didn't have Ultimate content. 

Never could bother learning Gwent before. Was confusing. Maybe this time... but the save scum needed to get cards may be a headache lol

I don't recall needing to save scum at all for all of the cards. I think there are maybe 5 or 6 cards max that are seen as "missable" but they're very easy to watch out for, especially if you get those quests out of the way as soon as they're available.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, zulqarmessi said:

Great news , can't wait to ride unicorn again with my crush yennefer 1f618.png1f61d.png

image-asset.gif

Just imagine Yen's magic tricks in 4K. ?

33 minutes ago, PlatinumLeznis said:

Well, if you got the platinum on ps4 version (with PS4 tag) you will get second trophy list for PS5 (with PS5 tag).

77716280fb84f1f3de7dfb1d4b9dde55.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, ziggypossum said:

The Witcher 3's PS5 and Xbox Series X/S update to release later this year

The PS5 and Xbox Series X/S update for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt will release in Q4 2022, CD Projekt has confirmed.

https://www.eurogamer.net/the-witcher-3s-ps5-and-xbox-series-xs-update-to-release-later-this-year

I've had the GOTY version sitting on my shelf for years now, but never got around to it for one reason or another. I hope the PS5 version has a smooth launch so I might finally get around to seeing what all the fuss is about. 

• 5 months later...

4sOO5XJ.jpg

The next-gen update for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is coming on December 14th, free for everyone who already owns the game.

For more details and gameplay reveal, tune in to REDstreams next week on https://www.twitch.tv/cdprojektred

https://twitter.com/witchergame/statuses/1592177211481944068

Edited by ziggypossum
EDIT
  • Like 3

Wow that went from getting no information to dropping next month. 

We still need the question of how this update works, answered though. There was info awhile back that said you get the whole Complete Edition for free even if you don't have the DLC on PS4. That just seems too good to be true. 

6 minutes ago, Viper said:

There was info awhile back that said you get the whole Complete Edition for free even if you don't have the DLC on PS4. That just seems too good to be true. 

After all the bad rap they got from the last-gen version of CP2077 they would definitely benefit from offering the dlc, and I believe they will.

In the long run, they'll benefit from this when they release their new stuff.

Edited by LastMinuteSavior

11 minutes ago, Viper said:

Wow that went from getting no information to dropping next month. 

We still need the question of how this update works, answered though. There was info awhile back that said you get the whole Complete Edition for free even if you don't have the DLC on PS4. That just seems too good to be true. 

Considering that you can get the complete edition for under $10 on most PSN sales, it's not really a big deal to give the DLC away for free. The good PR is more valuable than nickel and diming fans, especially with more Witcher games on the way.

Edited by sepheroithisgod

the fact that they're not really marketing this is very questionable of the extent of this rework, it seems like they went from a next gen remaster to an "update"? so does this rerelease have extensive rework done or is this just a native higher res port of the PC version?

• 2 weeks later...