The Witcher 3 coming to PS5

Suminya

10 hours ago, Titanomachy_75 said:

If you remember correctly the W3 was a mess when it came out on the PS4 they fixed it ... But Naw lol that was not a one time thing do your home home they are a trash developer lol   

well work fine for i never had any issues.

But your entitled to your opinion as am i, so guess we'll agree to disagree.

On 15/07/2021 at 8:29 AM, dakk55 said:

Nice, I wonder if there is a cross-save from the PS4 GOTY version? Also, it sure would be nice if Witcher 1/2 was ported over, I know plenty of people who's been waiting for that to happen.

Would love them to do this. Witcher 1 was only ever on PC so i never really got a chance to play it. Witcher 2 was only ever on crap box something to do with ps3 not being able to run it properly or something like that.

• Like 1

The Company currently intends to release the next-gen version of Cyberpunk 2077 in the first quarter of 2022, and the next-gen version of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt in the second quarter of 2022

https://www.cdprojekt.com/en/investors/regulatory-announcements/current-report-no-39-2021/

Edited by ziggypossum
EDIT
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, ziggypossum said:

The Company currently intends to release the next-gen version of Cyberpunk 2077 in the first quarter of 2022, and the next-gen version of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt in the second quarter of 2022

https://www.cdprojekt.com/en/investors/regulatory-announcements/current-report-no-39-2021/

Disappointing, everything up to now has indicated The Witcher would be before the end of this year. The whole Netflix tie in thing would have made it releasing in December along with season 2 a slam dunk as far as interest goes. Ah well, '22 it is. Looking forward to it regardless. I had planned on the ps5 version of Cyberpunk but yeah we'll see how that turns out first ?

19 hours ago, dieselmanchild said:

Ahh gotcha. I suppose this is common knowledge at this point but I don’t have a PS5 or follow PS5 news too closely. Good to know though, thank you.

I do have a friend who has all 3 stacks of The Witcher 3 on PS4 though, so I’m curious to know if he will complete the set when this comes out lol.

Would it not be six stacks total then, since I'd assume all 3 would have their own PS5 upgrade, or just the four?

Either way, I just got the third Platinum on these last week and will heartily go for another one or three goes of it.

I bought a copy of The Witcher when I heard about the ps5 upgrade. It’s been sitting here for like 2 years ? I think that’s a good thing, as long as this is actually happening, that means the game should be improved and 100% working with that actual feel of an upgraded game for an upgraded console. I haven’t had many experiences yet where I’m thinking wow this is really the next gen. 

25 minutes ago, Creasy007 said:

Would it not be six stacks total then, since I'd assume all 3 would have their own PS5 upgrade, or just the four?

Either way, I just got the third Platinum on these last week and will heartily go for another one or three goes of it.

I don’t know but I didn’t even consider that. That would be insane. I’m messaging my friend to tell him he’s got some serious work to do lol.

37 minutes ago, Creasy007 said:

I am clearly missing something, how is it 3 stacks? The vanilla version and the goty one, right? What is the third?

Regarding the news, was really expecting the update to come this year. The second season comes in december, so I was expecting a november launch. Well, it is what it is.

bmg_ps.png

1 hour ago, ziggypossum said:

A bit rubbish this, however with all the other games I want to play from now until into the NY, it's good that I can now have this to look forward to next year, even if it will get stuck in between HZD:FW, Cyberpunk PS5, GTAV PS5 to name a few titles....

Definitely recommend to those who havent played the PS4 yet though, that they give that a go as its a tremendous game.

I figured The Witcher 3 next-gen update would be much closer than the Cyberpunk one, which clearly has lots more work to do, but whatever, I have a big enough backlog that I don't mind waiting until later next year. Just a shame, I was banking on seeing this in action sooner rather than later.

And yes, it's the vanilla edition, the GOTY Edition and the Complete Edition that make up the three total stacks. The GOTY Edition is the EU version.

• 1 month later...
On 9/6/2020 at 11:41 PM, Gibbo_0113 said:

I hope my PS4 disc gets the upgrade too.

On 10/20/2021 at 6:04 PM, FocusDR said:

I bought a copy of The Witcher when I heard about the ps5 upgrade. It’s been sitting here for like 2 years 1f605.png I think that’s a good thing, as long as this is actually happening, that means the game should be improved and 100% working with that actual feel of an upgraded game for an upgraded console. I haven’t had many experiences yet where I’m thinking wow this is really the next gen. 

On 10/19/2021 at 2:51 PM, JediKnight_327 said:

If I buy any PS4 copy for cheap I can get a free upgrade to the PS5 version with everything included? That sounds too good to be true. Any further details on the free upgrade?

On 10/19/2021 at 9:50 PM, Viper said:

It was already mentioned before that if you have the Vanilla version on PS4 with no expansions, you still get the Complete Edition on PS5 for free. So in reality you can find youself a cheap used copy on PS4 and get the whole PS5 version for next to nothing now. 

On 7/15/2021 at 4:51 AM, RadiantFlamberge said:

Sounds like a yes to me. The author of the story about the CE upgrade on TrueTrophies and TrueAchievements is saying in an update that even if you own just Standard edition, you'll still get CE.

According to the official forum at CDPR.com regarding the TW3:WH next-gen upgrade (comment #143):

https://forums.cdprojektred.com/index.php?threads/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-is-coming-to-the-next-generation.11036585/page-8#post-12165542

You can only upgrade equivalent versions and you cannot upgrade a disc version without a disc drive in your next-gen console.

Just FYI. But right now, the last-gen "Complete Edition" is on sale for 10 USD on the PSN store for anyone that does not have the digital version, for example.

Edited by that_dude_cam_ps
forgot quotes
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, that_dude_cam_ps said:

According to the official forum at CDPR.com regarding the TW3:WH next-gen upgrade (comment #143):

https://forums.cdprojektred.com/index.php?threads/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-is-coming-to-the-next-generation.11036585/page-8#post-12165542

You can only upgrade equivalent versions and you cannot upgrade a disc version without a disc drive in your next-gen console.

Just FYI. But right now, the last-gen "Complete Edition" is on sale for 10 USD on the PSN store for anyone that does not have the digital version, for example.

I've seen that post too, but it's also from September 2020. The more recent updates were stating that there is no vanilla version of W3 on PS5, only the Complete Edition. And since the upgrade is already free...it has no choice but to give you the complete edition with the upgrade.

Would be nice if CDPR clearly stated how this works.

17 hours ago, Viper said:

I've seen that post too, but it's also from September 2020. The more recent updates were stating that there is no vanilla version of W3 on PS5, only the Complete Edition. And since the upgrade is already free...it has no choice but to give you the complete edition with the upgrade.

Would be nice if CDPR clearly stated how this works.

Yeah, I'm sure they will eventually clarify the way it works then. Maybe then you just can't upgrade for free...? I could see, having to pay 10USD for example to upgrade the vanilla version to the complete version or something similar. The worst part for me is I got it the vanilla version on disc and my PS5 is digital only. This is the only game I wish I had digital for this purpose...

19 hours ago, El_Shubi said:

is it still delayed to 2022? i have been waiting to play it coz i figured now isnt the time to start it but hyped from the books and yv series to gte into the games

Yes lol it is "still delayed" to Q2 2022.... or, you know, whenever they're actually ready.

Edited by that_dude_cam_ps
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...

[Rumor] The release of The Witcher 3 for the PS5 and Xbox series is on hold due to a rupture in ties with Russian Saber Interactive

The source is our insider. I think an official statement will follow soon (it seems they didn't want to do it).

The Russian company has been doing the project for 2 years, the release was scheduled for September 2022. But they were separated - because they are Russians. The Poles took all the developments for themselves and are now trying to figure it out for themselves. And this process is very slow. CD Projekt RED itself had not previously worked on a next-gen version of The Witcher.

It's not just the players who haven't gotten what they were promised for the second year in a row who can now ask CDRP questions. Questions may also be raised by investors who were recently stunned by the announcement of a "new witcher." Investors forgot to share a small detail that the company's main source of income will be scrapped for 2022.

https://extreme.pcgameshardware.de/threads/fuer-eine-weile-kein-next-gen-fuer-the-witcher-3.618218/

• 2 weeks later...

I remember reading how they were looking for help from the community to borrow the user made assets for the next gen version, I knew then that this project was a mess, last time I heard a AAA game needing user made assets was from Beyond Good and Evil 2, and we all know where that is now, rotting deep down in a dumping ground

• 3 weeks later...

The Witcher - Great story, worst gameplay and controls of its era. 

The Witcher 2 - Great story but still hadn't nailed the controls.

The Witcher 3 - Great story, broken but fixed and then became one of the greatest games ever made. 

Witcher Throne Breaker - Broken to s**t on release, never heard anything else of it.

Cyberpunk 2077 - Quite possible the worst conditioned release game they or any company of its size and reputation had released. 

Witcher 3 was CDPR's masterpiece and it may be the only time they ever pull it off. 

Edited by DaveMcDamage
  • Like 1