PSVR. Suggestions

Blackmist_FFXI

Allo all.

So i finally bit the bullet an ordered a PS VR via amazon. ( iron man bundle )

And im looking for some suggestions.

I have RE7 and ace combat 7 ( i read its vr capable) an im going to grab beat saber. As well as owning gun grave VR.

Aside from that.  Looking for suggestions.

Was thinking arizona sunshine. 

Anything hack n slashy or what have ya.

Welcome to the jungle!

No joke, Skyrim VR was the most satisfying experience for me. Just playing a full AAA game in VR is my piece of cake and I prefer that over experimental stuff.

Astrobot and Blood & Truth are also cool. Even that London Heist world in PSVR Worlds.

Also make sure to follow all of this for an optimal experience:

• Like 2

As mentioned above, Astrobot and Blood & Truth are must-plays.  My personal favorite is Superhot.  The Persistence is awesome, especially if you like roguelikes.  If you want a workout, get Creed or Knockout League.  I prefer Knockout League, but they're both great.  Creed is like Fight Night, while Knockout League is like Mike Tyson's Punch-Out.

My advice is to save your money for now and DON'T BUY ANYTHING. First of all wait until your VR Set arrives and then play Ironman.

The reason being you might want see if you get real bad motion sickness, as this will limit what games might be suitable for you in the future. I get motion sickness in VR despite being ok in real life, and it never got any/much better, and I'd hate to start/waste money buying games that I could not play and enjoy.

Things like Beat Sabre, Superhot etc are probably good recommendations though from me because the gameplay will not give you motion sickness.

I really like Until Dawn Rush of Blood, you might already have it for free on PS+ if you grabbed it years ago when it was free on that particular month.

Edited by enaysoft
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, BEAST_IHMOTEP said:

Also make sure to follow all of this for an optimal experience:

Thanks for this - haven't properly set up mine in forever...

Of the less well-known games, I would recommend Audica (music), Thumper (music?), Accounting+ (silliness), Statik (puzzle), Esper (puzzle), The Lost Bear (platformer), and Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes (puzzle). I realize there's not much hack-and-slashy in there... the kids seemed to have fun with DWVR and Kingdom of Blades?

Playstation Room VR is free and is one of the best party game I've played in my life. If you play with the same group of friends I reccomend Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes.

Astrobot is a must and also Paper Beast is really good.

Keep in mind that you should not play to much with VR since it can easily gives you headache and single-player games are so great that it's hard to stop so be careful with them xD

Easy. Astro Bot Rescue mission. One of the greatest games ever made.

Any other suggestion would detract from that suggestion, so I’m morally obligated not to make any more.

3 hours ago, SnowxSakura said:

Just a warning if you decide to pick up skyrim VR, it is insanely blurry, not to the point of being unplayable, but still pretty bad. Resident Evil 7 has a VR option

I have it and you’re correct. I played an hour, saw I really wanted to play more, but decided to play on PS5 in the hope there are auto improvements or an update patch (sadly, I’m thinking the update patch is unlikely now thanks to MS)

Edited by thefourfoldroot

6 hours ago, enaysoft said:

My advice is to save your money for now and DON'T BUY ANYTHING. First of all wait until your VR Set arrives and then play Ironman.

The reason being you might want see if you get real bad motion sickness, as this will limit what games might be suitable for you in the future. I get motion sickness in VR despite being ok in real life, and it never got any/much better, and I'd hate to start/waste money buying games that I could not play and enjoy.

Things like Beat Sabre, Superhot etc are probably good recommendations though from me because the gameplay will not give you motion sickness.

I really like Until Dawn Rush of Blood, you might already have it for free on PS+ if you grabbed it years ago when it was free on that particular month.

Ya good idea

Played BS on roomies VR an everything seemed fine tho felt abit embarrassed waving sticks around xD

Like DDR all over

If I'd have bought nausea inducing games and accidentally got some trophies before realizing I can no longer play the game. Well, some people might find that very annoying.

I wanted to play RE7 in VR but luckily I could still enjoy the game in regular way. I also suffered immediately from motion sickness playing the Doom VFR but thankfully it is possible to complete the entire game using only the teleport move, which did not give me motion sickness at all.

I hope you don't get sick! Good luck! :)

39 minutes ago, Redbeard-Rik said:

Walking dead saints & sinners is the most fun I've had with my headset. Walking dead onslaught outvthis week looks like it might be more of the same as well. 

I do enjoy some walking dead.

Payday drops right before vr gets here. So might add them to the list :)

Ones I have spent lots of time with:

Beat Saber - best so far for me. Didn't understand hype at first and thought it was ok, but as you get better and skill up, it gets more and more fun.

Rush of Blood - fun but scary in a bad way. Dumb jump scares. Annoying music. Nothing makes sense. Good for just shooting stuff though. I Want something similar without the horror gimmick.

Re7 - near instant motion sickness. Don't get far at all before I have to take off headset and play normally.

Pixel ripped 1989 - Good and weird and original but has a bad trophy for completionist sake. If you don't mind that, then I highly recommend for a unique experience.

Audica - solid rythm game. Looks cool. Seems to get more fun as you go like beat saber was for me. I'm not too far in but enough to see that I like it

Creed - Good workout, meh game. Seems well made, just wasn't for me. 

BoxVR - designed to be more of a home workout program and less of a game. it is Beat saber-ish. But punching not slicing.

Job Simulator - started pretty fun but by the time I finished the short platinum journey, it had already wore out it's welcome. 

Batman VR - Pretty fun. Use a guide for collectibles and you'll have the platinum before it gets annoying. 

Tetris effect - really cool visually, but ultimately it is just Tetris. Give the demo a shot and you'll probably get everything you would want out of it too.

Deracine - kind of boring. From same people as Dark Souls and Bloodborne. Well made, but no action and is just exploration and puzzles. Has a complex layered plot that takes a lot of work before you can appreciate everything going on. 

Ones I have dabbled with: 

Sprint vector - hard to control. Ithas potential. But didn't hold my attention. I need to give it a second chance for sure. 

Thumper - very cool and trippy. Plan to buy it some day. Demo was great! 

Moss - enjoyed demo. Plan to buy

Dark Eclipse - overly complicated. Played four hours and still didn't understand what was going on. I think it shut down anyway.

Rec Room - aimed more at kids than adults. I didn't like the multiplayer aspects, someone more extroverted might. But withmso many kids in there, I just don't think I'll hop back in.

Light tracer - some YouTube video called it a hidden gem, they were wrong. 

Ironman VR - fun but I don't own it. Played through the first few chapters at my cousin's place. 

Star Trek Bridge Crew - Started it when everyone in the household was hyped for the VR because we just got it. It's a slow methodical game. So didn't last long, people wanted things we all could do or switch players quickly. I've been meaning to get back to it. It seems like exactly what I hoped it was. I just need to start it when I'm all alone and can figure it out in peace

VR playroom - good intro to vr, wouldn't want to bother with the trophies though. 

Keep Talking and No One Explodes - Fun if you like party games

Own but not started

Superhot - I haven't tried yet, but my family loves it.

Far point - grabbed on a clearance sale for $5 but kind of want the weird gun controller before starting it.

Pixel Junk - saw my kid play it and it looks like a meh target range style  shooter. 

Just in time - looked fun when my kids played it, but I don't like the minecraft, voxel art. So I probably won't actually spend time with it

Firewall Zero Hour - probably won't play because of the multiplayer focus of it

Edited by Spacey Dweeb
  • Like 3

I got the VR not long ago, the mega game bundle with Res 7, Skyrim, PS Worlds, Everybody’s Golf, and Astro Bot. 

I enjoyed EG and platted it, fairly easy plat when you figure out tornado cups count ?

Skyrim I got about 15 minutes in and had to turn off sadly. It’s very blurred, and gives me really bad motion sickness. Though, the same thing happened on one of the PS World games, and it turned out I was having a hypoglycaemic attack, so I may go back and re-try Skyrim in case it was that. 

PS Worlds was the first thing I played, and it was a great intro into VR. When the menu loads, you’re just in awe of it. I played the shark mission first and that was great fun and really well made. But, I wouldn’t pay more than 15-20 for it, I don’t know what the current price point is. 

Not tried the others yet, but I have got an aim controller and been playing Bravo Team. Fun shooting game, but quite short. Easy plat if you go for it. I have Far Point from ps+ which is aim controller too, but not tried yet. 

I saw Creed on sale for £8 recently, but it’s back at £20 for now, so I’ll wait til it’s back on sale. As for slasher type games, I picked up Sairento for that reason but haven’t yet tried it. Picked it up quite cheap pre-owned. I’d recommend looking that up as it seems to be exactly what you’re looking for. 

• 2 weeks later...

If you want an experience that's cool the first time then kinda loses it's charm pick up Tetris Effect and Rez Infinite. Both are stellar audio/visual games by the same team. Both can be played without VR so you can play through the first time with VR and then clean up trophies normally (though of course Tetris Effect is insanely difficult). Cool to show your friends too.

Well so far im loving the VR, only issue im having is with dead zones... When facing the camra.. ( main culprit is TWD onslaught...) And it was giving bad motion sickness when rotating ( found option to help w MS)

After playing 

TWD:onslaught

Iron man

Beat saber

Gungrave vr UN. ( so disappointing glad i got it for 8$ months ago)

Id say this is a blast experiance.

Got

Till you fall and TWD: saints & sinners to try as well as SW squadrons ( i know limited VR support) 

I want to try arizona sunshine as well

Ill look into pistol whip

I enjoy rythem games

Blood and Truth was pretty amazing so i definitely recommend that. 

When you first boot up your VR headset don't worry you didn't forget any protective plastic cover on the lenses the graphics is just shitty, you can barely read notes without having them 2 inches from your face. Kind of a let down. VR is a nice gimmick though, but far from the future of gaming.

Hopefully PS5 VR will improve alot over this version.

1 hour ago, Quink666 said:

Blood and Truth was pretty amazing so i definitely recommend that. 

When you first boot up your VR headset don't worry you didn't forget any protective plastic cover on the lenses the graphics is just shitty, you can barely read notes without having them 2 inches from your face. Kind of a let down. VR is a nice gimmick though, but far from the future of gaming.

Hopefully PS5 VR will improve alot over this version.

Yah finding the sweet spot is abit tricky.  Eather i have my eyes pressed aganst the lense. Or its abit blurry. Even with wearing my glasses. Tho seeing the brim of my glasses doesn't help w the immersion so i play w.o them most the time xD

I did notice, cleaning the lenses at each break did improve visuals.