Legends should have been standalone.

MatThaRiPP3R84

8 minutes ago, Beware_Of_Bob said:

I get your point but stand-alone would only be better for a very small group of completionists. For most people this is a nice bonus.

as someone else pointed out if it was free, not only would all the fans try it but anyone up for raid. more players, modest microtransactions it would help drive sales for the base game. and keep the mp going with updates. but as it stands it'll be either undercooked, or drive all focus away from more sp content for the base game.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Elvick_ said:

I wish it was stand alone just so I don't have to reinstall the main game to play it, I think that's silly.

A standalone will only work if it was free to play for everyone or sold separately.

Edited by XXIIlII

5 hours ago, MatThaRiPP3R84 said:

it's not just the trophies. it's because I spent too many nights screaming at idiots about how they should shoot the red fucking glowing thing on the boss for 5 hrs a night every night  when i played destiny/division and it's monotonous and tiresome and i cba.

Man, you shouldn't scream at night. Look after your neighbours.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MatThaRiPP3R84 said:

since so many butthurt salty people in here can't possibly bare the thought of an inch of criticism i'll sum it up for all of you.

FOR ME a completion is mandatory, and i'm well within my rights to be pissed off about a game i was looking forward to being POLLUTED with online raiding dudebro bullshit. I mean for a start just look at half of you lot, who the fuck would wanna group up with you.

as many have pointed out i don't own the game therefore, not butthurt about losing a completion. but both the sp, and the mp would have faired better as a whole if the mp was standalone. skipping dlc trophies for me on this account isn't an option if i start it I'll see it through. but adding trash like this to an otherwise great game was enough to piss me off it doesn't alter anyone's enjoyment of it? so stop crying. but by all means, if pointing out the obvious makes you feel better have it, I don't care anymore.

What about the quality of the free DLC? If this were EA you’d be “REEEEEE” about paid DLC. So shove it man. It’s good FREE DLC for an amazing game. Why would you be against it? You play games for enjoyment or for stressing over trophies?! 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, FawltyPowers said:

I get what you're talking about @MatThaRiPP3R84. A great single player campaign where they've now added MP, it makes me think twice depending on the difficulty.

What I find most comical in this thread is how everyone jumps on board to attack you for saying it, yet in another thread someone has written:

"Annoyed.. Depending on the time it takes to reach level 20, and the difficulty of said activities. Nothing I hate more than relying on other people." and has been upvoted 30 times.

This forum.

The difference is that that person isn't talking about boycotting the single player entirely just because they added a few multiplayer DLC trophies.

• Like 1

thats the thing,

9 minutes ago, MikeCheck-- said:

What about the quality of the free DLC? If this were EA you’d be “REEEEEE” about paid DLC. So shove it man. It’s good FREE DLC for an amazing game. Why would you be against it? You play games for enjoyment or for stressing over trophies?! 

i like most games, and if a game gets a dlc i'll buy it.i've not got a problem with putting money down on something, i just personally focus on 100% completion over platinum, since nowadays dlc is where the challenge is. but from a practically mesmerising sp game, to a online raiding is just one extreme to the other.

i'm not super mad in boycott mode lol, im really not i love sucker punch, but this mode for me was a bit of a sucker punch, because it just absolutely turned me off. honestly they could of added dlc where it said "finish ng+ on hardest difficulty" and perform 200 perfect parries accross playthroughs, i would have done it, but a raid? nope.. and how long will it go on for, how many raids? fuck that for a time investment.

now i know, I know i'm mental it's optional, but here's the thing, to me the 100% is more important, so thats just how it is.

Edited by MatThaRiPP3R84
  • Like 1

As someone who plays games usually a year or so after they release, I worry about these online multiplayer trophies becoming hard to find ppl or downright unattainable (I'm looking at you FFXV).

I also agree that I wish it was standalone as I enjoy seeing the 100% on my games  when I can.

Edited by TrophyxHunter24
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, MatThaRiPP3R84 said:

now i know, I know i'm mental it's optional, but here's the thing, to me the 100% is more important, so thats just how it is.

As someone with OCD I, and many others (whether they'll admit to it or not) can relate.

It's just not the same having a plat be anything else than the full 100%!

• Like 1

Personally i think great single player games should stay single player, when i play a fantastic sp game its like having a really good meal at dinner time, it hits the spot perfectly, and i dont want any pudding, it would ruin the meal, take RDR2 for example, i spent 2 months in heaven playing that games story, n that was 100h on its own, then came the mp, n by the end of it it ruined my experience somewhat of the game as a whole, stand alone would have been the better option for me, having to create a 2nd acc shouldnt be a thought, hes just saying he would have liked to have enjoyed a great single player game without the stress of online, regardless if its free or not, it sucks the overall enjoyment of the sp experience when you have to rely on scrubs for a trophy, or maybe you lot could consider some ppl have other priorities in life so dont have all hours to game n this online stress just wastes more time finishing GOT when they would rather move onto the next great sp experience, theres also the stress of other players being in different time zones n having to wade through forums or countless noobs online just to find someone decent enough to actually go for the trophies online at an agreed time can be enough to put ppl off added modes like this, especially if you got kids or wife, important business etc that sucks most of your time, hell this site is designed to help with this and even here it can be a ******* nightmare finding a group of reliable players, sometimes its only for 1 trophy that takes less than n hour, its ******* pointless even having that trophy put there but every dev feels the need to add multiplayer to ****** everything these days n now its wrong to whine about wanting top quality sp experiences to stay that way, i mean i wouldnt want to find that Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order has some tacked on mp **** added before i play it, but im still happy to get Squadrons, because i know im investing in an mp experience, which is fine, at least thats one thing Bethesda do get right, they know sp should stay sp so when they wanted to jump on the mp band waggon they made ESO and F76, stand alone mp titles, keeps their sp experiences pure

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MatThaRiPP3R84 said:

but adding trash like this to an otherwise great game.

You've stated you don't own the game yet you've deemed the game good, but the new content trash.

Are we to value opinions formed on something someone hasn't experienced?

Edited by ScintillaWolf
  • Like 4