Trophies for ALL games often not popping.

FoxxFire_

I have researched fairly extensively and cannot seem to find anyone in the same boat as me. It seems that, for essentially all games I play, I only get about 70% of the trophies I earn. This problem is evident when you look at some games on my list such as Borderlands 3 where I don't have trophies that are, from a logical perspective, impossible to not have earned (e.g. I do not have trophies for some missions that are before other missions for which I do have the trophy). Another obvious example of this issue is the game Tesla vs. Lovecraft, where I have somehow not earned the trophy for the first playthrough, but have earned the trophy for the second playthrough. Also, I don't have a 93% earned trophy but I do have much much more difficult ones. It's rather ridiculous.

These trophies not popping are now all over my profile, and I am concerned that, for example, a Spelunky 2 trophy that I work forever for doesn't pop and I have no idea what the problem is or how I could fix it. It has made going for platinums an exercise in frustration and has essentailly destroyed trophy hunting for me. I have tried to rebuild my database -- it didn't work. My next step will be a full blown format, but before I do so I wonder if anyone here knows anything about this.

Has anyone experienced something like this or knows someone who has? Any thoughts would be appreciated. Once in a while it seems like a game has a trophy check and I will get previously unearned trophies on a game restart, but this is rare.

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/7356-tesla-vs-lovecraft/FoxxFire_

This game is a good example of what I'm talking about, but it's just one of many now.

Edited by FoxxFire_
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, SuperSmexy500 said:

Sounds very bizarre, but as @HuntingFever said, it may be that your user profile/trophy log has somehow corrupted. I had this happen to me last year, I installed Monster Hunter World Iceborne and upon starting it, the game quits itself with a "the user will be logged out due to an error message". This started happening in other games too, mostly games I hadn't started previously and therefore hadn't synced any trophy lists for.

Have you at any point gotten any error codes? Is it sometimes weirdly slow syncing your trophies? I'd recommend deleting a blank trophy list from your profile if you can, any gane, even just download a free one, start it, then delete it if you have to. I know this has helped some people, but it didn't help with mine unfortunately.

If nothing else seems to help, before re-initialising your system, I recommend deleting your user profile and re-creating it. This post on PlaystationTrophies helped me completely solve the issue when I was hit with it last year. I don't know if what you're experiencing is related to the same issue or not, but it's worth trying before factory resetting your console. Keep in mind however that deleting your profile is essentially a soft reset, you will lose almost everything; saves, your screenshots, videos, folders, etc. So back those up beforehand (except folders, which you can't, if you care about those anyway). Your downloaded/installed games will remain on the system however, but there's never getting your trophy screenshots back on the system sadly. I've just disabled my PS4 from even taking them now because I simply don't care any more now that it's no longer "complete". Not a huge loss, but if it's something you care about, keep that in mind.

Yes, I have experienced odd issues like you mentioned. In fact, it is now a regularity that the first game I start after turning on my ps4 will almost always cause a blue screen error and a logout. Also, in one or two games I received an error message when a trophy should have popped though this is not a regular occurence, usually i get no indication that the trophy was missed.

Thanks for the tips, I will try a few things. I finally got tired of putting up with it; I'm not finishing off games like Darkest Dungeon and such out of fear because of this and I'm sick of it. Syncing trophies also never seems to work, it errors every time. There is clearly corruption somewhere, I just don't know how to resolve it, but now I will try these things  - thanks.

Edited by FoxxFire_
  • Like 1

Just now, FoxxFire_ said:

Yes, I have experienced odd issues like you mentioned. In fact, it is now a regularity that the first game I start after turning on my ps4 will almost always cause a blue screen error and a logout. Also, in one or two games I received an error message when a trophy should have popped though this is not a regular occurence, usually i get no indication that the trophy was missed.

Thanks for the tips, I will try a few things. I finally got tired of putting up with it; I'm not finishing off games like Darkest Dungeon and such out of fear because of this and I'm sick of it.

Yeah, sounds like your user profile corrupted somehow. No idea how it happens, it seems completely random but sadly not too uncommon on PS4.

I will warn you that any trophies you earned but are unable to sync for whatever reason will be lost if you delete your user profile, but this should also mean you'll be able to earn trophies that didn't pop before. Just unfortunately means replaying those sections/games.

The link you gave me refers to the error code NP-32091-5, which is exactly the error code I receive when I try to sync my trophies. This definitely points towards said profile corruption.

Not sure if this is related, but every time my PS4 starts up it says "Cannot connect to network" despite being... you know.. .connected to the network.

• Like 1

On 10/20/2020 at 4:01 PM, SuperSmexy500 said:

the game quit itself with a "the user will be logged out due to an error" message. This started happening in other games too, mostly games I hadn't started previously and therefore hadn't synced any trophy lists for.

Mine has been doing this for at least 3 weeks. Really annoying.

18 hours ago, Helyx said:

Mine has been doing this for at least 3 weeks. Really annoying.

Only real way to fix it is to re-create your profile, unfortunately. It might be a 10 minute process for you or 2 hours or so, depends on how many saves/screenshots/etc. you need to back up and re-download/copy back to the HDD afterwards, plus you lose any folders if care about those. Think some other settings get reset as well if memory serves.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, SuperSmexy500 said:

Only real way to fix it is to re-create your profile, unfortunately. It might be a 10 minute process for you or 2 hours or so, depends on how many saves/screenshots/etc. you need to back up and re-download/copy back to the HDD afterwards, plus you lose any folders if care about those. Think some other settings get reset as well if memory serves.

This^

Apart from your installs, you will lose everything that isn't bolted down on your Hard Drive i.e. system settings, internet browser settings, screenshots, music, save files, notifications (so get ready to see all of those irritating Playstation Tip notifications again), folders etc.

• Like 2

This happened to me on my 1st PS4...kind of. trophies would only pop if it were within 15 or so min of me turning the system on, and only one would pop per session (Meaning if I wanted 2 trophies I had to shut down and start the system up again). Also, every time I would log into neverwinter....all the trophies i had previously earned would re-pop (meaning every trophy had the same screenshot). I tried everything i could think of....what ultimately solved the problem was getting a new PS4....

Edit: This was several years ago, so had nothing to do with the new update. 

Edited by Floorkiller74

So actually what has been happening to me is every time I go from playing one game and switch to another it gives

me an error and logs me off. If I just go straight back into the game and play trophy's will not unlock. However if I get the error and I restart my PS4 first then go into the new game I want to play trophies will pop as normal.

Very strange error that I am sure only started after 8.00 update.

On 10/26/2020 at 8:59 PM, TWOLF2016 said:

So actually what has been happening to me is every time I go from playing one game and switch to another it gives

me an error and logs me off. If I just go straight back into the game and play trophy's will not unlock. However if I get the error and I restart my PS4 first then go into the new game I want to play trophies will pop as normal.

Very strange error that I am sure only started after 8.00 update.

im not the only one. Hallelujah. Been having this issue so goddamn much since newest update. I don’t wanna lose my save files, as I have nothing to back it up on.. -_- Ugh 

• 6 months later...

Wish I'd seen this thread before I deleted my profile last night.. Screenshots are fine, though. Just lost any semi-recent saves. This has been a major headache for about a month. I first noticed it logging me out when I started RE3. A fix from searching seemed to be signing out of the web and back in and then out again. That seemed to work, but was only temporary. Started doing the logout thing again, and I just put up with it. Usually launching another game would then let me go back and successfully launch the one that gave me the error.

Only recently did I notice any problem with trophies. MLB 20's Blast from the Past didn't pop, and I assumed it was a glitch. Then yesterday, it became very apparent it might not have been. Both Chaos;Child and Atelier Ryza did not pop a trophy like they should, so that's when I noticed something was off. Now trying to fix it.

• 2 months later...

I had this issue on my original PS4. It was due to it being a corrupted profile as HuntingFever mentioned. Usually the corrupted profile is caused by when your system loses power or turns off suddenly in error without being properly shut down.

Only two ways to fix it. The first is as HuntingFever mentioned by deleting the profile and readding it. This usually works for like 95% of the people it happens too. The other way is sadly if the first doesn't work and will mean either buying a new PS4 or doing a fresh install on the HDD. (What I personally had to do myself and it sucks.)

Btw if you go the fresh install route know that you can't backup or copy your profile, I tried that myself and still had the trophy bug after. It's must be wiped fully with all content then readded like it's a new profile.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Tropy issues on both ps4 and ps5 NOT POPPING! They simply do not care about the quality of games anymore.They have NO human support and this goes on ALL the time NOW.Even this BS "application will suspend in 15 min because license cant be verified" I haave 1 GB solid af INTERNET so I know its not internet like they would like you to believe

2 minutes ago, FRANTICWRATH said:

Tropy issues on both ps4 and ps5 NOT POPPING! They simply do not care about the quality of games anymore.They have NO human support and this goes on ALL the time NOW.Even this BS "application will suspend in 15 min because license cant be verified" I haave 1 GB solid af INTERNET so I know its not internet like they would like you to believe

You have earned trophies on PS4 and PS5 in the last couple of days, what seems to be the issue with trophies “not popping”?

A license verification issue would have no impact from any difference in internet speed, is that what some companies’ support told you?

Have you tried setting the console you’re playing on as your Primary console as explained here: https://bestgamingtips.com/fix-application-suspending-in-15-minutes/

yes i have earned certain trophies.But Ive been trying for weeks to platinum both madden 21 and 22 and KNOW ive done exactly whats needed and trophies are NOT popping!Ive downloaded ps4 versions onto my ps5 and some trophies pop when playing on the ps5 and others will not pop.in madden you need to do three different moves(UNBLOCKABLE) before tackling either qb or rb for a loss,ive sacked the qb 10 times in one game with KHALIL MACK after doing every move possible.does not pop.In COD VANGUARD(shocking behaviour,hot tempered) very simple trophy explanations cannot get them to pop!Ive even downloaded and reinstalled game after rebuilding database and they still wont pop!yes ive set console as primary.I am a veteran gamer not a noob.just sayn

Edited by FRANTICWRATH

• 1 year later...
On 10/21/2020 at 1:54 AM, FoxxFire_ said:

The link you gave me refers to the error code NP-32091-5, which is exactly the error code I receive when I try to sync my trophies. This definitely points towards said profile corruption.

Not sure if this is related, but every time my PS4 starts up it says "Cannot connect to network" despite being... you know.. .connected to the network.

I am at least glad that I'm not alone. I get this exact error code whenever I try to manually sync my trophies with PSN. I am randomly missing trophies that I am supposed to get. For example, I am 20 hours into Mass Effect 1 but I still have not got the spectre trophy which is story related and not missable. Such missed trophies have started piling up, as a result I have entirely stopped gaming on PS4. I also get that logged out screen whenever I run a game. So what finally worked for you? And any suggestions to avoid this issue in future?

• 1 month later...
On 31/12/2022 at 4:28 PM, Jhante_Brown said:

I am at least glad that I'm not alone. I get this exact error code whenever I try to manually sync my trophies with PSN. I am randomly missing trophies that I am supposed to get. For example, I am 20 hours into Mass Effect 1 but I still have not got the spectre trophy which is story related and not missable. Such missed trophies have started piling up, as a result I have entirely stopped gaming on PS4. I also get that logged out screen whenever I run a game. So what finally worked for you? And any suggestions to avoid this issue in future?

I recreated my profile. It seems the link saying how doesn't point to the thread any more and I don't recall how I did it, but the problem was a corrupted profile and remaking it worked.