Anyone concerned about PS5 Theft?

mvpeast

PS5 has a huge white box and everybody can see it from a million miles away. I lost a lot of packages these days due to the Pandemic. I don’t think they will “cover/hide” the box with papers when they ship out consoles.

I am very worried about this. Anyone feel the same here?

https://mobile.twitter.com/jeffbakalar/status/1319608389887008768

Every console I've purchased online which was from the PS3 and including PS4, PS4 Pro, Vita, Switch, Xbox One X have all came in a shipping box that doesn't show off any of the console and required a signature. So no I'm not worried.

Edited by Obscure_Ale
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, psycho_clank314 said:

I chose pickup for this very reason. Walmart confirmed they will just bring it right to your car in the curbside pickup area and you are good to go. Plus this way I don't have any potential shipping delays. 

I ordered my PS5 directly from Sony and there's no "pick up" option from them.

12 minutes ago, Gaberdude said:

Whenever I order a special edition of a game or something larger like a console, they still ship it with a brown outer box. I think you'll only need to worry about people just plain stealing your mail on your porch and getting lucky enough to get the PS5.

Edit:

Just watched the link. I don't think the box is actually big enough to fit a PS5, controller, and cords in it...

PS5 has a gigantic box so you probably can't put an "outer box" on top of it.

3 minutes ago, mvpeast said:

I ordered my PS5 directly from Sony and there's no "pick up" option from them.

PS5 has a gigantic box so you probably can't put an "outer box" on top of it.

Understood. I really wouldn't worry then. Sony isn't going to send it to you in just the retail box. It will be a plain cardboard box with the ps5 inside. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Obscure_Ale said:

Every console I've purchased online which was from the PS3 and including PS4, PS4 Pro, Vita, Switch, Xbox One X have all came in a shipping box that doesn't show off any of the console and required a signature. So no I'm not worried.

I wish there's a "pick up" option from Sony Direct but there's none. Also, it really depends on the delivery person. I ordered expensive PC parts with "signature required" before. Guess what they did, they just dump it at the front door.

With this Pandemic going on, theft is more and more common these days. I had a neighbor's house got ransacked and even their safe was picked clean, it happened recently.

Ordering a PS5 is a lottery, but actually "touching it" is the most difficult part out of all. They send it out with a huge white box saying "Here's the PS5, come steal it".

Edited by mvpeast

Just now, psycho_clank314 said:

Understood. I really wouldn't worry then. Sony isn't going to send it to you in just the retail box. It will be a plain cardboard box with the ps5 inside. 

I'm sending my PS5 to a family's house. They have security personnel to accept packages so I hope nothing goes wrong. But I have to go there and pick it up though... I see too many people doing bad things these days. It's really very unsafe out there.

2 minutes ago, ONUOsFan said:

To answer your original question, though, yeah - I'm a tiny bit concerned. But I will just make sure I'm home all day (I work from home anyway) and paying attention to the front door.

I suggest you to sit at the front door all day. I hope we all get our PS5 on day 1. Good luck.

Thats why Im getting mine in a small Gaming/Manga Shop here in my city (Germany) :D They only get 14 consoles for the close friends and customers lucky me Im one of them otherwise I would be worried too yes. Nowadays a lot of packages get stolen on the way and somehow nobody even gives a damn about it.

• Like 1

It is concerning for Americans yeah.

In the Netherlands at least they are not allowed to drop your package on your porch.

If I order anything expensive I chose a pickup point if I know I am not going to be at home.

Saying the box is too big to put another box around it is strange have seen bigger appliances with boxes over the cover box.

USA is wierd in regards to couriers... In Poland:
a. we have parcelboxes (google "Paczkomat", there is no english wiki for it even lol)
b. couriers (I was one too, so I know ;) ) can't put a package on someones lawn - it's a hand to hand business. Some of us do leave by the door, but it's on courier financial responsibility

If I would live in USA I would only order via stores, having my package on my front yard that can be so easly stolen.. it's just sick

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Czajnikus said:

USA is wierd in regards to couriers... In Poland:
a. we have parcelboxes (google "Paczkomat", there is no english wiki for it even lol)
b. couriers (I was one too, so I know ;) ) can't put a package on someones lawn - it's a hand to hand business. Some of us do leave by the door, but it's on courier financial responsibility

If I would live in USA I would only order via stores, having my package on my front yard that can be so easly stolen.. it's just sick

Yeah those are called package and envelop post pickup points here in the Netherlands. Too bad there are none in my area just stores.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, soziaLSturmi said:

Thats why Im getting mine in a small Gaming/Manga Shop here in my city (Germany) :D They only get 14 consoles for the close friends and customers lucky me Im one of them otherwise I would be worried too yes. Nowadays a lot of packages get stolen on the way and somehow nobody even gives a damn about it.

That's very smart.

I mean people will do whatever they can to get a few bucks these days. Like if you don't even have money for food, what do you do. You gotta steal and do everything you can to survive. Yeah I see a lot of videos where people just open up like Amazon vans and straight up loot everything on them.

4 minutes ago, jpfield said:

I like the fact because of COVID I have been working from home so I will be at home when it delivers so I am not really worried about that. Although if I was not working at home I probably would have Pre ordered directly from a store. 

Better sit at the front door if you want to be sure. A lot of delivery people they just dump it and leave, yes I'm talking about USA.

Edited by mvpeast

3 minutes ago, saiyanbloodstyle said:

For sure, people will steal anything and PS5 will be up there.

You are absolutely right. People even stole like $1 worth of package from me before the pandemic... lol

Crime rate goes up tremendously nowadays.

Edited by mvpeast

1 minute ago, Shadiochao said:

If I lived in America I'd be worried about theft constantly. I don't undertsand how nobody's figured out that leaving packages at the front door isn't a very good system.

I wish I can give you all the reputations I can. It's the truth.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, mvpeast said:

I'm sending my PS5 to a family's house. They have security personnel to accept packages so I hope nothing goes wrong. But I have to go there and pick it up though... I see too many people doing bad things these days. It's really very unsafe out there.

I suggest you to sit at the front door all day. I hope we all get our PS5 on day 1. Good luck.

Yeah, I'm not THAT worried about it. Don't just let it sit there all day, but I'm not worried about someone following the delivery truck around and getting it the second it hits the porch.

28 minutes ago, Shadiochao said:

If I lived in America I'd be worried about theft constantly. I don't undertsand how nobody's figured out that leaving packages at the front door isn't a very good system.

Man, you guys are way overblowing this thing. Sure, it can happen, but just because you've seen a couple of videos online doesn't mean that there are millions of package thefts every day in America. It's hilarious how other countries think things are so terrible here.

Side note: Greg Miller just posted a picture of his PS5 delivery, and yes, it was packaged inside of a plain cardboard box. 

Edited by ONUOsFan
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, ONUOsFan said:

Yeah, I'm not THAT worried about it. Don't just let it sit there all day, but I'm not worried about someone following the delivery truck around and getting it the second it hits the porch.

Man, you guys are way overblowing this thing. Sure, it can happen, but just because you've seen a couple of videos online doesn't mean that there are millions of package thefts every day in America. It's hilarious how other countries think things are so terrible here.

Side note: Greg Miller just posted a picture of his PS5 delivery, and yes, it was packaged inside of a plain cardboard box. 

It depends on where you live. I had a lot of packages being stolen from me even before the Pandemic. So yes I am very worried.