Anyone concerned about PS5 Theft?

mvpeast

1 minute ago, ONUOsFan said:

Man, you guys are way overblowing this thing. Sure, it can happen, but just because you've seen a couple of videos online doesn't mean that there are millions of package thefts every day in America. It's hilarious how other countries think things are so terrible here.

Doesn't matter how often it actually happens, it's set up in a way that creates the opportunity. I wouldn't be surprised if people go out looking for unguarded packages on release day of the latest console or phone.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Shadiochao said:

Doesn't matter how often it actually happens, it's set up in a way that creates the opportunity. I wouldn't be surprised if people go out looking for unguarded packages on release day of the latest console or phone.

This is the real life.

• Like 1

Ha, no.

First, of course it will not be identifiable as it will be in a shipping box to prevent damage.  

Second, never had an issue with this as I live in a nice, somewhat secluded arena.  Also I have a RING doorbell camera (and other surveillance cameras) which serve as a deterrent.

2 minutes ago, mvpeast said:

This is the real life.

This is just fantasy.

But anyway, I'm not too worried, though I live in a pretty save place. Yeah - there might be some college kids running around stealing packages off of the doorstep, but they may end up in my class, which will be painful for them.

1 minute ago, djb5f said:

Second, never had an issue with this as I live in a nice, somewhat secluded arena.  Also I have a RING doorbell camera (and other surveillance cameras) which serve as a deterrent.

If you live in a nice area, why invest in so many surveillance cameras?

Edited by starcrunch061

1 minute ago, starcrunch061 said:

This is just fantasy.

But anyway, I'm not too worried, though I live in a pretty save place. Yeah - there might be some college kids running around stealing packages off of the doorstep, but they may end up in my class, which will be painful for them.

Man I just hope nothing bad happens. 2 more weeks to go.

Just now, mvpeast said:

Man I just hope nothing bad happens. 2 more weeks to go.

LOL. My first line was a bastardization of Queen, because when you posted "This is the real life", I read, "Is this the real life?" It wasn't any commentary on your thought.

I think that theft is a real problem, which is often overlooked because it's often "nice white kids" that lift these packages (SJW soapbox warning!). But I don't think it's as big of a problem as people make it out to be.

People steal packages at my apartment all the time. Just get a police report, let the place you bought it from know, and they send you a new one. Depending on the shipper, you can also have them hold it for you at a shipping location to pick-up or give them special notes. 

With that being said, Target just straight-out refuses to ship some expensive items to my apartment. Not sure if the address is on some kind of list at this point

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kittet3 said:

People steal packages at my apartment all the time. Just get a police report, let the place you bought it from know, and they send you a new one. Depending on the shipper, you can also have them hold it for you at a shipping location to pick-up or give them special notes. 

With that being said, Target just straight-out refuses to ship some expensive items to my apartment. Not sure if the address is on some kind of list at this point

I filed complaints/reports to USPS but they didn't care. Anyway, it's a very complicated situation because everybody lives in a different area/place. Some of them may never experience theft and other people may experience it every single day. It's really a lottery on top of another lottery.

You per-order ps5, great. the next lottery is to actually get the console on your hands which is 100 times harder.

Edited by mvpeast

25 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

This is just fantasy.

Touche.  My wife enjoys them to keep an eye on things.

2 hours ago, mvpeast said:

With this Pandemic going on, theft is more and more common these days. I had a neighbor's house got ransacked and even their safe was picked clean, it happened recently.

Then it doesn't matter if you get it safe in your home, someone's just going to break in and steal it anyways.

• Like 1

I'm looking at this post and i'm starting to think everyone lives in a world we're you get car jacked daily, mugged everywere, murdered, etc. Guys, i don't know about you but in Portugal, no mater what delivery method you chose, no company, either regular mail or a company like UPS will NEVER leave a parcel on a front porch or whatever. And buying from a store and fear getting robbed on the parking lot??? Like are you guys serious? Do all of you live in such dangerous places? I mean no ofense but we are on the second page of this discussion and everyones afraid of someone robbing your console because the box is big? What about when you buy big TV's? Sound systems, cars whatever. Man what the hell? Is the world such a dangerous place or are we talking about a country in particular???

Edited by SiLvA31G

1 minute ago, SiLvA31G said:

I'm looking at this post and i'm starting to think everyone lives in a world we're you get car jacked daily, mugged everywere, murdered, etc. Guys, i don't know about you but in Portugal, no mater what delivery method you chose, no company, either regular mail or a company like UPS will NEVER leave a parcel on a front porch or whatever. And buying from a store and fear getting robbed on the parking lot??? Like are you guys serious? Do all of you live in such dangerous places? I mean no ofense but we are on the second page of this discussion and everyones afraid of someone robbing your console because the box is big? What about when you buy big TV's? Sound systems, cars whatever. Man what the hell is the world such a dangerous place or are we talking about a country in particular???

In States they do leave it on porch

• Like 1

Am I concerned? No. This is a dog eat dog world... You’re either a wolf, or you’re a sheep. A thief, or a victim. And I know what I am.

As for me, I plan to lurk in the shadows outside Best Buy with a crowbar and my switchblade, and wait patiently for the perfect opportunity to obtain my new PS5. Clutch your boxes tightly as you leave friends, because you never know who might be coming up behind you. Muahahah

1 minute ago, Czajnikus said:

In States they do leave it on porch

Ok. I'm genuinely shocked! Your paranoias make sense then. Here, if you dont answer the door or arent home, they'll send it to the depot and you can go pick it up later. And when it's an expensive order you ALWAYS have to sign it.

10 minutes ago, MandA60VISE said:

Then it doesn't matter if you get it safe in your home, someone's just going to break in and steal it anyways.

I can only pray that nothing happens to me or my family. This world has gone to shits.

Edited by mvpeast

4 minutes ago, SiLvA31G said:

Ok. I'm genuinely shocked! Your paranoias make sense then. Here, if you dont answer the door or arent home, they'll send it to the depot and you can go pick it up later. And when it's an expensive order you ALWAYS have to sign it.

Yeah they do the same here in Canada too. They’ll leave packages unattended on your door step most of the time unless instructed otherwise. Usually at certain times of the year (ie. Christmas) there will always be a sharp increase in package thefts, aka “porch pirates.”

Also, I don’t know if you’ve ever seen Black Friday in the United States, but it’s fucking crazy. And a little disgusting to be honest. Every year there’s at least a couple stories of people getting shot and robbed in the parking lot over some new flatscreen TV or whatever. Obviously it’s a rare occurrence, but things like that do happen. Much more common are cases of customers physically assaulting each other and ripping items out of another person’s hand. It’s madness.

Edited by dieselmanchild
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, SiLvA31G said:

It depends on the delivery person. I ordered PC parts that worth couple thousand dollars with signature required. They just dumped my stuff on the front door... But I didn’t lose anything that day.

I lost a lot of packages since the pandemic started. Crime rates are shooting up like a rocket ship.

1 minute ago, dieselmanchild said:

Yeah they do the same here in Canada too. They’ll leave packages unattended on your door step most of the time unless instructed otherwise. Usually at certain times of the year (ie. Christmas) there will always be a sharp increase in package thefts, aka “porch pirates.”

Also, I don’t know if you’ve ever seen Black Friday in the United States, but it’s fucking crazy. And a little disgusting to be honest. Every year there’s at least a couple stories of people getting shot and robbed in the parking lot over some new flatscreen TV or whatever. Obviously it’s a rare occurrence, but things like that do happen.

People get killed if they “bumped” into another person by mistake. It’s just that stupid. If you look at someone’s eyes and they don’t like it, they gonna spit on you then proceed to punch you in the face.

8 minutes ago, mvpeast said:

It depends on the delivery person. I ordered PC parts that worth couple thousand dollars with signature required. They just dumped my stuff on the front door... But I didn’t lose anything that day.

I lost a lot of packages since the pandemic started. Crime rates are shooting up like a rocket ship.

People get killed if they “bumped” into another person by mistake. It’s just that stupid. If you look at someone’s eyes and they don’t like it, they gonna spit on you then proceed to punch you in the face.

Yeah sadly it really seems to bring out the worst in some people. And it could be worse this year as people are experiencing a lot of desperation due to the pandemic. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dieselmanchild said:

Yeah sadly it really seems to bring out the worst in some people. And it could be worse this year as people are experiencing a lot of desperation due to the pandemic. 

I am not trying to be negative or anything but many bad things happened to my family this year. PS5 is just something that I look forward to.

Guys... I don't know what to say... I've just seen a bunch of americans discribe their country as having 3rd world crime rates. I'm astonished. Had no idea. I'm actually currently aplying to get a scholarship to do a masters degree in the US or Canada and you're talking me out of it xDDD

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SiLvA31G said:

Guys... I don't know what to say... I've just seen a bunch of americans discribe their country as having 3rd world crime rates. I'm astonished. Had no idea. I'm actually currently aplying to get a scholarship to do a masters degree in the US or Canada and you're talking me out of it xDDD

I mean America is not that dangerous if you live in a rich area but those are very expensive and with many people losing their jobs it’s even more difficult. Also, this pandemic is driving a lot of ppl crazy and it doesn’t seem to end anytime soon.

Edited by mvpeast
  • Like 1