Cross-Platform Games to have 2 Lists / PS5 Auto-Pop Game List

PhantomFear94

17 hours ago, wardragon989 said:

Thank you for the spreadsheet. I wish we had more people confirming the trophy auto-pop up rom PS4 to PS5 so we have a good overview.

Ubisoft though 2 long games and both don't support it, damn.

You can still auto pop Ubisoft games you just need to use multiple saves to pop all the trophies...play on PS4 then when you are super close to popping the next trophy save the game then transfer the save to PS5 and repeat for each trophy as your progress in the game. For example if there's a trophy for beating mission 1 play on PS4 until you get to the last checkpoint for mission 1 then save then transfer save to PS5 complete last checkpoint for mission 1 on PS5 to pop the trophy on PS5 then go back to PS4 then complete last checkpoint for mission 1 to pop the trophy on PS4 then continue playing on PS4 until right before next trophy keep repeating until all trophies are done.

Edited by Trophies_All_Day
  • Like 1

On 17/11/2020 at 5:06 PM, Trophies_All_Day said:

If you have multiple saves at various points of the game right before each trophy requirement all trophies can technically be popped quickly. Are you guys just testing platinum saves? Save sets will pop all trophies.

If you're talking about BL3, you can't make manual saves. 

On 11/18/2020 at 9:07 AM, Trophies_All_Day said:

You can still auto pop Ubisoft games you just need to use multiple saves to pop all the trophies...play on PS4 then when you are super close to popping the next trophy save the game then transfer the save to PS5 and repeat for each trophy as your progress in the game. For example if there's a trophy for beating mission 1 play on PS4 until you get to the last checkpoint for mission 1 then save then transfer save to PS5 complete last checkpoint for mission 1 on PS5 to pop the trophy on PS5 then go back to PS4 then complete last checkpoint for mission 1 to pop the trophy on PS4 then continue playing on PS4 until right before next trophy keep repeating until all trophies are done.

we need men like these on the front lines to test this shit.

Idc how inconvenient it is to switch games just before each trophy pops; idc how janky it is to make USB backups of BL3 autosaves in order to autopop some annoying shit -- if it's possible, it should all be tested!

15 minutes ago, PhantomFear94 said:

My two cents is that the whole set up of "auto-popping trophies" between PS4 > PS5 games is a terrible idea for a plethora of reasons: 

1)  In relevant cases, auto-popping encourages the trophy community to play the PS4 versions of games they haven't gotten around to yet rather than the new, enhanced PS5 version, so they can Platinum the game on PS4 legitimately before upgrading on the PS5 and auto-popping the same platinum a 2nd time with zero effort (or very minimal effort in the case of partial auto-pops). It's baffling Sony would be ok with this, which is why I'm surprised any developers are able to enable auto-popping. I appreciate this is mitigated for people who don't care about trophies, but a lot of people who go project-by-project through their games so they can play (and Platinum) as many games as possible before swiftly moving on. I imagine many would likely pick a slightly downgraded version but 2 Platinums at no extra cost rather than a single PS5 platinum (not that they should be criticised for doing so, it's the developers decision). It evens seems like some Sony games might adopt auto-popping (Spiderman Miles Morales does, and Spiderman Remastered very likely will once cross-gen saves are patched in) so the PS5 launch exclusives can be auto-popped on the PS4...meaning some won't bother playing them on the PS5 for anywhere near as long, or at all.

2) As much as people go on about Ratalaika/Xitilon/etc. games which require 5-30 minutes of your time for £5 (something I've largely moved away from), that's sort of just rewarding you for what the game is, even if its easy and/or low quality. Surely earning a AAA platinum a 2nd time for doing nothing deflates the value of Platinums exponentially more? 

3) For games that don't auto-pop, what is the point of the cross-saves unless you don't care at all about trophies? If the decision to make a new list and not enable auto-popping is to encourage people to earn the trophies again on their upgrade, then I prefer this, but this is a decision that likely took into consideration consumers who like trophies, even if just in part. So for these consumers, the cross-save function becomes practically redundant and pointless.

To re-iterate, I believe everyone should go about their own business. If you want to auto-pop, do so. If you don't, then don't do so. No-one should cast judgement on gamers because you're just working with the tools developers have allowed you to use. My comments are just on how fundamentally flawed the system is. Xbox Series X|S shares its list with Xbox One games unless they are re-selling the entire game (i.e. NBA2K21 and some next-gen exclusive re-releases currently). It is so much tidier, and although you don't get any new achievements as a result, your save data, completion time vs. reward and version compatibility is much clearer. Wish PS adopted this strategy. 

My feelings in a nutshell.

6 hours ago, PhantomFear94 said:

My two cents is that the whole set up of "auto-popping trophies" between PS4 > PS5 games is a terrible idea for a plethora of reasons: 

1)  In relevant cases, auto-popping encourages the trophy community to play the PS4 versions of games they haven't gotten around to yet rather than the new, enhanced PS5 version, so they can Platinum the game on PS4 legitimately before upgrading on the PS5 and auto-popping the same platinum a 2nd time with zero effort (or very minimal effort in the case of partial auto-pops). It's baffling Sony would be ok with this, which is why I'm surprised any developers are able to enable auto-popping. I appreciate this is mitigated for people who don't care about trophies, but a lot of people who go project-by-project through their games so they can play (and Platinum) as many games as possible before swiftly moving on. I imagine many would likely pick a slightly downgraded version but 2 Platinums at no extra cost rather than a single PS5 platinum (not that they should be criticised for doing so, it's the developers decision). It evens seems like some Sony games might adopt auto-popping (Spiderman Miles Morales does, and Spiderman Remastered very likely will once cross-gen saves are patched in) so the PS5 launch exclusives can be auto-popped on the PS4...meaning some won't bother playing them on the PS5 for anywhere near as long, or at all.

2) As much as people go on about Ratalaika/Xitilon/etc. games which require 5-30 minutes of your time for £5 (something I've largely moved away from), that's sort of just rewarding you for what the game is, even if its easy and/or low quality. Surely earning a AAA platinum a 2nd time for doing nothing deflates the value of Platinums exponentially more? 

3) For games that don't auto-pop, what is the point of the cross-saves unless you don't care at all about trophies? If the decision to make a new list and not enable auto-popping is to encourage people to earn the trophies again on their upgrade, then I prefer this, but this is a decision that likely took into consideration consumers who like trophies, even if just in part. So for these consumers, the cross-save function becomes practically redundant and pointless.

To re-iterate, I believe everyone should go about their own business. If you want to auto-pop, do so. If you don't, then don't do so. No-one should cast judgement on gamers because you're just working with the tools developers have allowed you to use. My comments are just on how fundamentally flawed the system is. Xbox Series X|S shares its list with Xbox One games unless they are re-selling the entire game (i.e. NBA2K21 and some next-gen exclusive re-releases currently). It is so much tidier, and although you don't get any new achievements as a result, your save data, completion time vs. reward and version compatibility is much clearer. Wish PS adopted this strategy. 

100%. I personally have no problem with people auto-popping if they want, I just wish I could have shared lists for everything. I wish I could upgrade my PS4 version of BL3, continue playing my save file on PS5, and continue working on the same trophy list.

Regardless, I really appreciate you and others for putting this list together so that when I get a PS5, I know which games I should or shouldn't upgrade to the PS5 versions.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MANU1950 said:

Somebody know if, for example, I have a game of ps5  miles morales I want tu downgrade to play the ps4 list.

And I load the save file of this game.

AFAIK, the cross-save cloud for that game only goes from the PS4 to the PS5 but not the other way round, thus you are going to have to redo one of them from scratch.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

Thanks for the information guys, I’ll update the list when I can.

On 23/11/2020 at 8:33 PM, ImAPirateSoSueMe said:

Love the spreadsheet, just one thing. How do we know if Destiny 2 is an autopop if the PS5 version isn't released? Or is it an assumption since Destiny 1 autopopped from Xbox 360 to Xbox One?

Also, only Nioh 2 is a free upgrade, not Nioh 1.

Regarding destiny 2, I’m basing that off the cross save feature. I used a save file on PC and the trophies that hit the prerequisites pinged on PS4. Provided it’s a new trophy list, it’s safe to say it will happen again.

7 hours ago, SmugPieceCandy said:

Regarding destiny 2, I’m basing that off the cross save feature. I used a save file on PC and the trophies that hit the prerequisites pinged on PS4. Provided it’s a new trophy list, it’s safe to say it will happen again.

Nice! Thats awesome! I have it on PC as well, but had already done pretty much everything on PS4. Still only need 1 trophy for the platinum though. ??

Games that have autopop PS5 
Assassin's Creed Valhalla Sometimes ALL 
Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales ALL 
Marvel's Spider-Man: Remastered ALL 
Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War You will have to make them pop 
Fortnite ALL 
Borderlands Only 4 
No Man's Sky ALL 
Sackboy: A Big Adventure Maybe 

Coming Soon 
Worms Rumble Maybe 
Warframe Maybe 
Destiny 2 Maybe

Thanks to @CookiestMonsterr for adding the information.

On 11/23/2020 at 1:56 PM, Klart said:

I can confirm as well.

King Oddball is also a free upgrade game (not yet in list)

Done 

8 hours ago, ArmoredSnowman said:

Spreadsheet should be updated to show that Spidey Remaster does autopop.

Done 

On 11/23/2020 at 8:33 PM, ImAPirateSoSueMe said:

Love the spreadsheet, just one thing. How do we know if Destiny 2 is an autopop if the PS5 version isn't released? Or is it an assumption since Destiny 1 autopopped from Xbox 360 to Xbox One?

Also, only Nioh 2 is a free upgrade, not Nioh 1.

Done 

On 11/23/2020 at 11:05 AM, SeniorRicketts said:

I looked at the list and can confirm that Jydge is a Free upgrade on ps5

Done 

On 11/22/2020 at 2:23 PM, MANU1950 said:

Somebody know if, for example, I have a game of ps5  miles morales I want tu downgrade to play the ps4 list.

And I load the save file of this game.

You can not do that 

• Like 1

On 11/24/2020 at 6:45 PM, SmugPieceCandy said:

My understanding is that destiny was simply being patched with new features, not releasing an entire new game

Assassin's Creed Valhalla's auto-pop did not work for me! It actually did some really weird thing where loading my save unlocked no trophies, so I barely went a bit forward and then decided to restart the game (I don't want to get the early trophies with a new save at the end because I have Season Pass). When I was moving through the first island in Norway doing absolutely nothing, it unlocked 3 of the 5-6 trophies I had on PS4... Wild.

I hope this is useful!