Two things I wish they changed in the remake

tnaires

I played the PS3 version and I'm extremely excited for this remake.

Having said that,

1) I hope crystal lizards don't stop spawning in the current playthrough if you miss them too many times;

2) I hope we don't need so many stones to fully upgrade a weapon anymore.

Keeping these things won't stop me from playing the remake and having the best time. But boy, are these things annoying...

4 minutes ago, nrs1nrs1 said:

I think they've stated that the rate at which pure stones drop has been increased substantially. Thankfully trophies are no longer tied to upgrades.

Yes I heard that too. Also the lack of upgrade trophies makes my changes irrelevant to the platinum probably, but they would make our life easier if we wanted to upgrade any specific path.

On 09/11/2020 at 0:58 AM, nrs1nrs1 said:

I think they've stated that the rate at which pure stones drop has been increased substantially. Thankfully trophies are no longer tied to upgrades.

Yeah I just noticed that, thank goodness, lol. They've added some other news ones instead, nice. 

On 11/8/2020 at 9:41 PM, tnaires said:

1) I hope crystal lizards don't stop spawning in the current playthrough if you miss them too many times;

2) I hope we don't need so many stones to fully upgrade a weapon anymore.

Did anyone have the chance to check if these things are still there?

On 11/8/2020 at 6:41 PM, tnaires said:

I had a crystal lizard in 4-1 get away from me the first time I went after it.  I then died and it respawned allowing me to kill it.. then it didn't respawn.  I think they may have changed it so that when lizards escape that it no longer decreases the spawn count by 1.  Maybe a bit more testing is needed but that is what I am seeing initially.  However.. if a lizard dies you still have to actually loot the corpse to get the items so it can still fall off ledges or through platforms denying you the ore drops which happened to me in 2-2 not all that long ago.

problem with this is the pay 2 win element. Yeah you don't need that grindy rare stone for a weapon upgrde trophy anymore. but you DO need it for one of the rings, for that trophy.. and that ring is also part of the rampant capitalist edition ?

takes the piss since the base game is already $92 for me. I'm probably gunna send it back and rent it in the future or something.

11 minutes ago, MatThaRiPP3R84 said:

problem with this is the pay 2 win element. Yeah you don't need that grindy rare stone for a weapon upgrde trophy anymore. but you DO need it for one of the rings, for that trophy.. and that ring is also part of the rampant capitalist edition 1f604.png

takes the piss since the base game is already $92 for me. I'm probably gunna send it back and rent it in the future or something.

Oh man here I go farming that freaky pure bloodstone again

6 minutes ago, tnaires said:

Oh man here I go farming that freaky pure bloodstone again

I and everyone I've spoken to thus far have been able to get one within 10 minutes, even without PBWT. Drop rates for it are significantly improved over the PS3 release.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Beliar4 said:

I think there no trophy for "bladestone weapon" so you dont need it for plat.

Limited Crystal Lizard was pain but amout of stones for upgrades was ok for me.

The new Ring of Longevity requires you either to trade a Pure Bladestone with Sparkly the Crow or own the digital deluxe edition, and it's obviously required for the all rings trophy.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Xylobe said:

Dupe glitch is gone, but if you're so inclined you can dupe items online by dropping them for other players and reloading your save.

Duping was mostly useful for the upgrade materials and such since the original require so many for all the trophies. So it should be a non issue for most people, especially the new players who have no idea what they are missing. ?