Digital Deluxe Edition

HoorayForTyler

I just wanted to see what everyone’s opinion is on spending $20 more for extra items + the original soundtrack. 

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP9000-PPSA01342_00-DEMONSSOULSDX000

According to the preorder page, the bonuses will include:

• Reaper Scythe weapon when you preorder

• Legendary Hero Soul
• Renowned Warrior Soul
• Storied Warrior Soul
• Red-Eye Knight Armor
• Boletarian Royalty Armor
• Ritual Blade
• Hoplite Shield
• Ring of Longevity
• Preservation Grains
• Phosphorescent Grains
• Bearbug Grains
• Large Hardstone Shard
• Moonlightstone Shard

• Original soundtrack

So...Soulsborne fans...do you look at this as a slap in the face to the veteran players being that we’re getting handed an early game “easy mode” for 20 extra dollars? Are you indifferent about it? Or do you think this actually promotes the game in such a way that it draws in new players that can have an easier time at the game? Do you think these bonuses justify the $20 price tag?

The Souls series has never had bonuses like this before iirc, so I’m interested to see what everyone thought. Will you be purchasing the Digital Deluxe Edition for these extras, or will you be getting the base game? Being that this is a remake done by a different developer, I know that Fromsoft has nothing to do with the bonuses (I’d hope), and it might be just a measly cash grab tailored to those who want an edge over the game, who knows. It is going to be interesting having pretty much decked out characters for those who paid $20 more I’d imagine. I’m curious about what everyone thinks.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Cobbsquatch said:

It's a "Digital Deluxe", every single Digital Deluxe edition of a game on the PSN store is never worth buying over the base game, or under the "complete/gold/game of the year editions". Just not worth, DD's only include cosmetic shit and skins.

Yeah, I’m kinda thinking the same. In this case though it doesn’t seem to be just cosmetics and skins, but rather items that give the player a huge advantage in-game. The souls (in-game currency), the armor, the weapons, etc. All items that will potentially help out the player, but the series has never had starter bonuses like this so I found it interesting.

• Like 2

the best thing to do is what I do, if you really want the stuff the digital edition gives wait for it to come out on it's own and buy the base game that way for only like £5 or 9ish you can get the stuff it gives then buying a over price edition. I mean look at games like the re2 and 3 remake along with dmc5 and vampyr and evil within, you can buy their deluxe edition bouses for cheaper price then buying the main thing and so on. only time it is worth it, is if they are both the same price as the base game and comes with extra, like the steelbook with soundtrack edition of dark souls 3.

it was the same price as dark souls 3 on day 1 and you get extra stuff, it is worth it 

4 minutes ago, HoorayForTyler said:

Yeah, I’m kinda thinking the same. In this case though it doesn’t seem to be just cosmetics and skins, but rather items that give the player a huge advantage in-game. The souls (in-game currency), the armor, the weapons, etc. All items that will potentially help out the player, but the series has never had starter bonuses like this so I found it interesting.

it did, dark souls 2 had starter gear pre order only items that later became free when you get the first sin edition of the game but you had to buy them later on in the game

Edited by KANERKB
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, KANERKB said:

the best thing to do is what I do, if you really want the stuff the digital edition gives wait for it to come out on it's own and buy the base game that way for only like £5 or 9ish you can get the stuff it gives then buying a over price edition. I mean look at games like the re2 and 3 remake along with dmc5 and vampyr and evil within, you can buy their deluxe edition bouses for cheaper price then buying the main thing and so on. only time it is worth it, is if they are both the same price as the base game and comes with extra, like the steelbook with soundtrack edition of dark souls 3.

it was the same price as dark souls 3 on day 1 and you get extra stuff, it is worth it 

Hey Kane, always a pleasure seeing you in the forums! ? And I think you make a very good point. Better to wait it out and see if anything gets added to the stores after release date. Hell, it might even be a good thing playing the base game only as players will essentially have to get good lol. I have experience with the Dark Souls series and Bloodborne so I’m excited to see what my experience will be like.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, HoorayForTyler said:

You won’t be getting a huge advantage at all. Not even close to it. The DDE is a massive rip-off. The armour and weapon is exclusive but that doesn’t mean much depending in your build. The only reason to get it is so you can back up your save, drop me the exclusive items then redownload your save so you don’t lose them (:P).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HoorayForTyler said:

Hey Kane, always a pleasure seeing you in the forums! 1f604.png And I think you make a very good point. Better to wait it out and see if anything gets added to the stores after release date. Hell, it might even be a good thing playing the base game only as players will essentially have to get good lol. I have experience with the Dark Souls series and Bloodborne so I’m excited to see what my experience will be like.

hey, and yeah dude I would do the same, I mean I am hyped for people to play demon souls remake but I won't get it due to not wanting a ps5 yet I rather wait for it and yeah. only thing I am planning on doing is getting sekiro for xmas for myself but if I were to get demon soul's remake I would get just base game and then get the extra stuff after.

2 minutes ago, FilmFanatic said:

You won’t be getting a huge advantage at all. Not even close to it. The DDE is a massive rip-off. The armour and weapon is exclusive but that doesn’t mean much depending in your build. The only reason to get it is so you can back up your save, drop me the exclusive items then redownload your save so you don’t lose them (:P).

you could do that but it might put up a error saying you need the dlc to pick up or use the item or it might be like dark souls 3 where if you give a friend a dlc weapon it still works for them and they can use it too as the game has the add on, on the update so if you do buy it, you just get the key item to pop up is all

2 minutes ago, FilmFanatic said:

??? Now that’s how you save some money haha! One person buys, everyone gets items. Seems like a win to me!

2 minutes ago, KANERKB said:

hey, and yeah dude I would do the same, I mean I am hyped for people to play demon souls remake but I won't get it due to not wanting a ps5 yet I rather wait for it and yeah. only thing I am planning on doing is getting sekiro for xmas for myself but if I were to get demon soul's remake I would get just base game and then get the extra stuff after.

Yep that’s what I’m going to do! Seems the best way to go about it, plus you’re saving $20 and essentially more if the items become available separately later on, which I’m certain they will. And have fun with Sekiro bro, I have yet to play it myself but the gameplay has always looked amazing to me, still don’t know why I haven’t gotten it ?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HoorayForTyler said:

Yep that’s what I’m going to do! Seems the best way to go about it, plus you’re saving $20 and essentially more if the items become available separately later on, which I’m certain they will. And have fun with Sekiro bro, I have yet to play it myself but the gameplay has always looked amazing to me, still don’t know why I haven’t gotten it 1f914.png

I will try and if demon soul's remake is good let me know as I am somewhat scared they might of messed up some stuff of it like the music and some of the bosses but we have to see

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KANERKB said:

I will try and if demon soul's remake is good let me know as I am somewhat scared they might of messed up some stuff of it like the music and some of the bosses but we have to see

Will do friend! I’ll probably hit the forums with some of my gameplay impressions, and will let you know what I think as well.

• Like 1

Personally I never buy stuff like this, it’s all wasted cash to me. But inevitably, some players always will. Tbh after examining the list I don’t see any of these items giving them that big of a boost though so I’m pretty indifferent towards it overall.

Besides, if you need a starter pack to play a Soulsborne game then you’re a silly little noob who needs to git gud. ?

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, HoorayForTyler said:

The game is easy enough to where it's not required tbh. Still a waste of money imo.

21 minutes ago, dieselmanchild said:

Personally I never buy stuff like this, it’s all wasted cash to me. But inevitably, some players always will. Tbh after examining the list I don’t see any of these items giving them that big of a boost though so I’m pretty indifferent towards it overall.

Besides, if you need a starter pack to play a Soulsborne game then you’re a silly little noob who needs to git gud. 1f609.png

Demon’s Souls: Git Gud Edition? ??

10 minutes ago, Cobbsquatch said:

The game is easy enough to where it's not required tbh. Still a waste of money imo.

I trust your judgment. I had a super easy time with Bloodborne and semi-easy time with the Dark Souls games back on an old account so I’d imagine I will catch on fairly quickly.

It is confirmed that the armor sets and the Ritual Blade weapon are exclusive to the Deluxe Edition. The rest of the stuff can be found in the game.

Taking these 3 things out of the game and locking them behind a $20 pay wall is considered by me a cash grab.

Anyway, better gear won't make you a better player so I don't see any point in buying this, unless you have too much money to spend.

Edited by Domino_Destructo
  • Like 2

On 11/8/2020 at 10:35 PM, HoorayForTyler said:

I just wanted to see what everyone’s opinion is on spending $20 more for extra items + the original soundtrack. 

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP9000-PPSA01342_00-DEMONSSOULSDX000

According to the preorder page, the bonuses will include:

• Reaper Scythe weapon when you preorder

• Legendary Hero Soul
• Renowned Warrior Soul
• Storied Warrior Soul
• Red-Eye Knight Armor
• Boletarian Royalty Armor
• Ritual Blade
• Hoplite Shield
• Ring of Longevity
• Preservation Grains
• Phosphorescent Grains
• Bearbug Grains
• Large Hardstone Shard
• Moonlightstone Shard

• Original soundtrack

So...Soulsborne fans...do you look at this as a slap in the face to the veteran players being that we’re getting handed an early game “easy mode” for 20 extra dollars? Are you indifferent about it? Or do you think this actually promotes the game in such a way that it draws in new players that can have an easier time at the game? Do you think these bonuses justify the $20 price tag?

The Souls series has never had bonuses like this before iirc, so I’m interested to see what everyone thought. Will you be purchasing the Digital Deluxe Edition for these extras, or will you be getting the base game? Being that this is a remake done by a different developer, I know that Fromsoft has nothing to do with the bonuses (I’d hope), and it might be just a measly cash grab tailored to those who want an edge over the game, who knows. It is going to be interesting having pretty much decked out characters for those who paid $20 more I’d imagine. I’m curious about what everyone thinks.

Only the Dark Souls 2 Black Armor Edition had a DLC code. But those weapons were weaker because you can obtain stronger arsenals as you progress through the game. I don't know's what is Sony's deal with promoting these digital edition DLCs Demon's Souls PS5 Remake anyway...

this is nothing and this is no "easy mode"(dumbest thing i've ever heard) this is standard with most Sony games, Tsushima, God Of War, Days Gone, all do it, it's a perception trick to shake some more $$ out of casuals who just buy the most expensive version, if you get upset about this, you probably are some PlayStation hater not even going to hold you

Edited by LockheedPrime

2 minutes ago, LockheedPrime said:

this is nothing and this is no "easy mode"(dumbest thing i've ever heard) this is standard with most Sony games, Tsushima, God Of War, Days Gone, all do it, it's a perception trick to shake some more $$ out of casuals who just buy the most expensive version, if you get upset about this, you probably are some PlayStation hater not even going to hold you

First all, I'm not a Sony hater. I have been with Sony's side since the PS2. I also played all of the Soulsborne games and platinumed them. This also includes Demon's Souls three times from three different publishers for the PS3. And FromSoftware didn't even develop this remake with Sony and BluePoint games.

• Like 1

On 11/8/2020 at 9:35 PM, HoorayForTyler said:

If I'm being completely honest, I would've spent $20 if it just included the soundtrack since I really don't mess around with PVP. Since they're releasing it on CD and Vinyl later in the month, I'll buy a hard-copy soundtrack and leave it there, no reason to support the item stuff if you're just looking for the soundtrack like me

23 minutes ago, LockheedPrime said:

if you get upset about this, you probably are some PlayStation hater not even going to hold you

That makes absolutely no sense

anyway, I used to think that the Souls games should’ve been a Sony’s franchise, this makes me glad they’re not

On 11/11/2020 at 6:57 AM, TalalHmd said:

That makes absolutely no sense

anyway, I used to think that the Souls games should’ve been a Sony’s franchise, this makes me glad they’re not

it absolutely makes sense if you've been keeping up with the fake outrage at every bit of news about the PS5, haters are out in full force to downplay the PS5's historical demand and excitement with things like oh the packaging is not fancy enough, you need a screw for the stand? the end of the world how would I ever figure it out, and being upset over some random useless items shows that: 1. you are part of that group, 2. all you play are Souls games and this is the first time you encounter this which is an industry standard BTW, were you upset at Days Gone Deluxe Edition? Final Fantasy 7 Remake Deluxe Edition? you know the only way to get 3 extra summons is if you preordered and bought the Deluxe Edition for FF7R right? did you get this upset at Death Stranding Deluxe edition? or God Of War Deluxe Edition? or one of the 15 Ubisoft editions for every one of their games? only people that ever talked about this are the Souls guys, get with the time, it's 2020 buddy, this is nothing significant or new, and acting like it is, it's a you problem, and the best 2 Souls games, are Sony's so too bad for you I guess

Edited by The Investigator

2 hours ago, LockheedPrime said:

Saying “this is nothing” but at the same time calling this practice a perception trick/shake up for more money...how about you make up your mind? Your response is the dumb one. And my forum post was not about getting upset over this, it was about seeing what everyone thought about spending the extra money for the items listed and whether or not they thought it was worth it/which edition they’re going with. And I have no clue what you’re trying to say in the last part of your response. 

On 11/9/2020 at 5:35 AM, HoorayForTyler said:

So...answering to the exact OP question (no idea why everyone is arguing above but sure xD ) I believe those bonuses do not justify the $20 price tag. I mean sure, extra set armors and shiny blings, but this is a definite cash grab because those items are not worth that much. Heck if they throwed in 30 firebombs instead it would have been more helpful. The extra souls lose their value once you progress through the game, and "Ring of Longevity" is basically Thief's Ring that you get just abit later on in 1-1 if you pay attention (or smack every box around you).

They don't give an edge over the game either, because you could be covered in the best Brushwood armor with the +5 shield and 99 stats across the board and you'd still die from falling down the hole at the beginning of 1-1 Boletaria. And for the soundtrack...either YouTube or I heard there's gonna be a Vinyl hard copy edition for the people who are truly passionate about the sound in its best audio format.

It looks like a cash grab honestly, same as the Christmas sales in mid-October that are in every store nowadays, but that doesn't bother me tbh, it's a "fake" easy mode. Just buy the standard edition, that's all you need, this game won't have DLCs or Season Passes or whatnot. Flamelurker won't care what kind of Edition you buy, he will still kick your ass as a beginner :D 

• Like 1