My concern for next gen trophy hunting.

mvpeast

One solution may be to add a rarity multiplier to the value of a trophy.

That was, at least, the supercommons (80%+) would become worth less than that shiny ultrarare (5%-).

Sony won't do it, and it'll probably hurt the sales of easyplats.. and that hurts their wallet. And anything like that..

The result would be fluctuating levels as trophies rise and fall in rarity.

They could also just drop the whole trophy thing and we'd all go play games for fun (wait, wasn't that the whole point of games?)

Just my two cents.

4 hours ago, eXb1azed23 said:

According to who? Mortal Kombat is one of my favorite franchises, and the fact will get another MK11 list for PS5 gives me a reason to play it on that console instead of just playing the PS4 version. Same thing with DMC 5 and Spiderman. So to me it increases the value of PS5's releases

Yeah but what about games you don't own? it's better to buy the ps4 versions and get 2 lists instead of one

7 hours ago, Phantochi said:

Steam is even worse, there's a bunch of third party cheats that unlock achievements, and there's no cap on how many achievements a game can have, i mean check out this game with almost 2k achievements, that's nuts

Yeah cheating is a huge issue... It’s making achievements/trophies even more pointless than it is already. I guess Sony doesn’t care about regulations at all so PS5 will be filled with even more messy trophy lists.

5 hours ago, Lordidude said:

Leaderboards are umeaningless anyway.

I do not respect players who have many rata games.

Leaderboards are absolutely meaningless. Also, finishing many “easy” games in short period of time is not easy at all in my opinion. You gotta know exactly what you are doing and have to rush through them constantly. Shopping for games is another headache, physical edition, special edition, which region goes to which... Some games are being removed from the store, or can’t find them at all.

In the end, my plan is to start playing games for fun when I receive my ps5. Mix of easy and hard games perhaps. But I can’t feel motivated to play ps4 coz of fps drops, 30 fps, stutters, broken controller, etc.

locked 60 fps will make games a lot of more enjoyable for me. Never cared about graphics.

Edited by mvpeast
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, mvpeast said:

Leaderboards are absolutely meaningless. Also, finishing many “easy” games in short period of time is not easy at all in my opinion. You gotta know exactly what you are doing and have to rush through them constantly. Shopping for games is another headache, physical edition, special edition, which region goes to which...

Good point.

Different kind of profiles/lists have different problems they need to face in order to progress.

However I would rather have not so many trophies that I am happy with rather than play many games of a genre I really do not like.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Lordidude said:

Good point.

Different kind of profiles/lists have different problems they need to face in order to progress.

However I would rather have not so many trophies that I am happy with rather than play many games of a genre I really do not like.

Yeah it depends on each person. I do plan on playing more quality games as soon as I receive my ps5 (if nothing goes wrong).

good luck with trophy hunting!

Different platforms having stacks is one thing and sort of okay as the inflation isn't too bad (though autopopping can change that certainly). It's when you get to regional stuff that it starts getting quite absurd. Imagine a game with say 5 regions on the PS4 and it's PS5 version has 5 regions too. 10 stacks right there.

Hand up, I've partook some myself. Have a bunch of Rata games (though I'm spacing them out now to not bog my list up) and even if I don't bother myself with getting other regions for them it still is as a user said, part of the problem. It might be because I don't region stack, and I'm sure it annoy many on here (though matters little to the vast of players) but I would be pleased to see at the very least all the regional stacks joined together.

1 minute ago, Rozalia1 said:

Different platforms having stacks is one thing and sort of okay as the inflation isn't too bad (though autopopping can change that certainly). It's when you get to regional stuff that it starts getting quite absurd. Imagine a game with say 5 regions on the PS4 and it's PS5 version has 5 regions too. 10 stacks right there.

Hand up, I've partook some myself. Have a bunch of Rata games (though I'm spacing them out now to not bog my list up) and even if I don't bother myself with getting other regions for them it still is as a user said, part of the problem. It might be because I don't region stack, and I'm sure it annoy many on here (though matters little to the vast of players) but I would be pleased to see at the very least all the regional stacks joined together.

Yea... You are absolutely right. Regional stacks cost a lot of money... They are always a lot more expensive on EU.

2 minutes ago, mvpeast said:

Yea... You are absolutely right. Regional stacks cost a lot of money... They are always a lot more expensive on EU.

AS stacks tend to be pricey as well.   Personally I wish Sony would stop allowing all the different region/platform stacks unless the new stack has a different publisher or different trophies.  It makes sense to have a new trophy list if a port/remake has new content that can justify changing the trophy list and it makes sense that a different publisher won't be able to add a new region/platform to an existing list, but all the copy/paste lists that just change region and platform are getting rather overwhelming.

But when it comes down to it, it's that person's money and time.  Playing a bunch of easy games for easy plats can get boring fast.  If they aren't enjoying it, then they should stop and play something they do enjoy.  If they are enjoying it, then they should continue.  In the end what matters is having fun and if someone is not having fun then it is time to change.  The only problem will be if the easy stuff becomes the only stuff available, but I doubt that they will remain anything more than a niche of the market like they currently are.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

Yeah true but just look at the newest trophy lists that appeared here on psnp include i.e.Spiderman PS5, Borderlands 3 PS5 those have a seperate PS4 trophy list already

Yeah, these are only for games that are getting rereleases on the PS5 to take better advantage of its hardware. This isn't going to be commonplace, as many games such as Cyberpunk, Witcher 3, etc. will instead just be adding updates to have the current gen versions run better when playing them backwards compatibly. 

People in this thread are talking about how excited they are to be platinuming games all over again on PS5, or complaining that trophy lists are going to be covered and ruined by stacks of games people have already done on current gen, when thirty seconds of research reveals this isn't how the system works at all.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Salt_AU said:

Enjoy yourself and set yourself some goals that you'd like to achieve, nobody else cares but you.

Those 1127 views on your PSN profile must have occured by accident then. Or this is how people express that they don't care. Or perhaps the Googlebot was very busy.

I’d get burnt out of gaming if it wasn’t for those easy, relaxing games to fill my gaming experience after going after a hard AAA or Indie platinum. We need developers to make both, to satisfy the populace who, lets be honest, crave both. The free market has just responded to a need for trophy hunters and we chose not to boycott it. It’s not immoral to stack trophies, and it’s not virtuous to only go after what you define as “real” games. 

It just is. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Swithop said:

Those 1127 views on your PSN profile must have occured by accident then. Or this is how people express that they don't care. Or perhaps the Googlebot was very busy.

1127 views over 7 years of trophy hunting could completely possibly be entirely from them looking at their own profile.

19 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

Probably not on static IPs, but dynamic would. And without actually asking people why they have looked at a profile (could be to find games to boost, etc), implying anything from just a number is not evidence of anything. 

The same goes to simply asserting that nobody cares.

2 hours ago, Swithop said:

The same goes to simply asserting that nobody cares.

Yes, that is correct. Both assumptions have no facts to prove either way.

When someone says "no one cares but you" it should be fully explained "unless someone has told you that they care, and you care that thet care so you're really doing it for them." If people are worried about their profile because some rando out there might care, that's pretty unhealthy. 

Edited by DaivRules

On 09/11/2020 at 1:08 PM, JackisJack_ said:

Yeah, these are only for games that are getting rereleases on the PS5 to take better advantage of its hardware. This isn't going to be commonplace, as many games such as CyberpunkWitcher III, etc. will instead just be adding updates to have the current-gen versions run better when playing them through backwards compatibility.

People in this thread are talking about how excited they are to be platinuming games all over again on PS5, or complaining that trophy lists are going to be covered and ruined by stacks of games people have already done on current-gen, when thirty seconds of research reveals this isn't how the system works at all.

Source? Don't doubt you, just wanna see by myself.

On 09/11/2020 at 7:56 AM, Shikotei-kun said:

They could also just drop the whole trophy thing and we'd all go play games for fun... wait, wasn't that the whole point of games?

I mean, you know people can have fun going after trophies too, right? :P

On topic:

I was gonna say the whole "yadda yadda play what you like yadda yadda," but it was already said multiple times. But yeah, trophy hunters are a minority on the PlayStation community (just a very vocal one at times), so they aren't gonna really take the time to set a standard for trophies or anything like that, mainly because it's not broken or anything; it's just people's pet peeve.

If you really wanna climb on the leaderboards, but don't like just picking up games for the plat, try picking up one of these Rata games and play it until the end, since, y'know, most of them have stuff after the plat to do. You'll have the EZPZ plat to climb up the ranks, but you'll still have an (hopefully enjoyable) experience.

Edited by Eagle

1 hour ago, BRKs_Eagle said:

Source? Don't doubt you, just wanna see by myself.

Well, asides from the fact that playing a PS4 game via backwards compatibility and getting an all-new trophy list out of it with its very own brand new trophy tile icon that every individual PS4 game developer would have to make for every single PS4 game which would be near impossible and absurd to think would happen, you can see in this video:

Unless this guy somehow managed to beat the game all over again on the PS5 on some out of the blue trophy list with a brand new icon for PS5, his PS4 trophies carried over on his account which is why the main menu says he has 26% of the trophies already.

You can also find many UI reveal videos from people who have early access consoles that show their PS4 games all carrying over trophy progression. I don't think something like this even warrants any type of research because it's such an obvious aspect of how this feature would have to work in order to ensure all games would be backwards compatible, and without it would also entirely defeat the purpose of having different trophy lists for cross-platform titles, but this thread clearly showed me otherwise lolol.

Edited by JackisJack_

On 10/11/2020 at 4:20 AM, Swithop said:

Did you click on my profile by accident?  Only you could answer that.

As I said, I don't care champ.