Vendetta missions won't show up

For vendetta missions you need players from your friends list to die to a captain. But other than that it's kind of random when or where they show up.  

Never mind, apparently they don’t have to be on your friends list.  

Edited by addictedgamer747
I was wrong :(
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, addictedgamer747 said:

For vendetta missions you need players from your friends list to die to a captain. But other than that it's kind of random when or where they show up.

It doesn't need to be players from your friends list to die to a captain. It's not exclusive to people on your friends list. I got the trophy a few days ago and all but one of the 5 Vendetta missions on my map were from random players.

• Like 2

I’ve ran through shadow of Mordor twice recently and my experiences with getting vendetta missions to show up is right after the 4th main story mission. Give it time it’s not immediately. Just play naturally and they will appear randomly and I’ve had multiple different ones appear. There’s a lot of players on this rn. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, ZachSmoke said:

I’ve ran through shadow of Mordor twice recently and my experiences with getting vendetta missions to show up is right after the 4th main story mission. Give it time it’s not immediately. Just play naturally and they will appear randomly and I’ve had multiple different ones appear. There’s a lot of players on this rn. 

I thought that vendettas show up after doing 3 main missions? Ok, i'll do 4 of them

24 minutes ago, PIOTREK27-1982 said:

I thought that vendettas show up after doing 3 main missions? Ok, i'll do 4 of them

It's not about the ampunt of quests you do, but you need to finish a specific one, "The Spirit of Mordor".

After I finished that one a Vendetta mission was already on the map, even before the game told me that Vendetta missions were now available.

If none show up you can advance time in a tower. This resolves red quests on the map and spawns new ones.

Other players DO NOT need to be in your friend list.

• Like 2

Mission popped. Got the trophy. Thx for useful tips. I finished 4 main missions, disconnected the internet conection during gameplay, enabled it again and mission showed up on map after advancing time few times. It was a mission from a guy on my friend list

Edited by PIOTREK27-1982
  • Like 3

Playing both GOTY and Standard copies and Vendetta appeared as one from a PSN friend and another from a random dude. I revealed all map locations, died and they appeared. But not after 8 hours of playing though. It's very random but at least they do appear... well while the servers are still online that is.

• Like 1

I am not sure about how many missions you need to have completed before Vendetta missions show up on the map because there are so many highlighted in yellow before you actually get this specific side mission to appear, but I do know for sure that if you haven't made it to the Sea of Nurnen area (happens only after the Hammer of Sauron boss fight) and completed the intro mission of that area where you have to go through a cave filled with Ghuls stealthily and fight a Ghul Matron towards the end, you won't see the Vendetta missions. If you're still in Udun, haven't had the Hammer of Sauron Boss fight, with no option to fast travel between Udun and Sea of Numen locations, then you'll have to advance into the story mode until all of the above is done and/or available in your game.

23 hours ago, PIOTREK27-1982 said:

Hi. I decided to play this game since servers are closing but vendettas won't appear on the map. The guide says doing 3 story missions should've been enough to unlock them but no luck till now. Any suggestions? 

The vendetta missions were unlocked after complete a story mission when you see the creation of 

Spoiler

the rings and discover the real name of your spirit companion

After that the missions were already on my map. I failed on the first one (too many enemies at the same place). But immediately after other one appeared and I completed and trophy unlocked.

Took me about 5 hours to find the first vendetta mission.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cinthia_mendes said:

The vendetta missions were unlocked after complete a story mission when you see the creation of 

Hide contents

the rings and discover the real name of your spirit companion

After that the missions were already on my map. I failed on the first one (too many enemies at the same place). But immediately after other one appeared and I completed and trophy unlocked.

Took me about 5 hours to find the first vendetta mission.

Congrats. Keep up the good work

14 hours ago, dev2610 said:

I am not sure about how many missions you need to have completed before Vendetta missions show up on the map because there are so many highlighted in yellow before you actually get this specific side mission to appear, but I do know for sure that if you haven't made it to the Sea of Nurnen area (happens only after the Hammer of Sauron boss fight) and completed the intro mission of that area where you have to go through a cave filled with Ghuls stealthily and fight a Ghul Matron towards the end, you won't see the Vendetta missions. If you're still in Udun, haven't had the Hammer of Sauron Boss fight, with no option to fast travel between Udun and Sea of Numen locations, then you'll have to advance into the story mode until all of the above is done and/or available in your game.

I've just redone it on the base game version and you only need to finish the Spirit of Mordor mission (It's on the west side of the map, available as soon as you finish the prologue)

• Like 1

Here's my experience. I've completed only 7 main missions and am currently tracking down the 4 warchiefs for ratbag, so I haven't made it to second part of the game. The vendetta mission popped up randomly after I killed a captain. The player was in my friend's list. I currently have 14% completion and 7 hours of playtime. 

Update: Another vendetta mission appeared just as I finished typing this or about 10 minutes since the last one. The player is also in my friend list.

Update #2: I've had 5 missions spawn one after another. All are from players in friend list. All of them started appearing after I killed the first warchief.

Edited by Weskerfan75

5 hours ago, kanzenchaos said:

I've just redone it on the base game version and you only need to finish the Spirit of Mordor mission (It's on the west side of the map, available as soon as you finish the prologue)

Then it is odd, the guide confirms you have to make it to the second area before they show up and I am playing the base game as well as the GOTY edition and occurred for me exactly like it is stated in the guide, I had to make it to Sea of Nurnen area before these missions showed up. I guess, then it is random for individuals because some of the posts above confirm they saw it appear as early as the cut scene where Celebrimbor was seen forging the ring and Black Hand appreciating him for that. Weird, but again, just to be on a safer side, I will still say to anyone looking at the post because they are experiencing something similar, to not worry until they've made it to the Sea of Nurnen and completed the intro mission of that area. If anyone gets it before, that was just their luck.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, dev2610 said:

Then it is odd, the guide confirms you have to make it to the second area before they show up and I am playing the base game as well as the GOTY edition and occurred for me exactly like it is stated in the guide, I had to make it to Sea of Nurnen area before these missions showed up. I guess, then it is random for individuals because some of the posts above confirm they saw it appear as early as the cut scene where Celebrimbor was seen forging the ring and Black Hand appreciating him for that. Weird, but again, just to be on a safer side, I will still say to anyone looking at the post because they are experiencing something similar, to not worry until they've made it to the Sea of Nurnen and completed the intro mission of that area. If anyone gets it before, that was just their luck.

The first Vendetta mission appeared to me way before I go to the second map/area. I think is more random than anything. But they always shows up at some point so just keep playing :)

Appeared exactly after the scene you describe with the guy forging the rings

On 2020-11-10 at 8:08 PM, dev2610 said:

It 100% appeared for me in the first area. Almost immediately like everyone else is saying, lol. Got it before "To Rule them All".

• Like 1

I usually use rest mode on my PS4 instead of shutting the console down. I wasn’t seeing any vendetta missions, went back to main menu and noticed that WBplay couldn’t connect. I reset the game fully, waited for WBplay to connect before continuing the game and a vendetta mission turned up after I did an outcast rescue mission so worth closing the game fully if you don’t see anything.

• Like 2

Anyone playing this game on ps5 got any issues with vendetta missions? I have the goty edition and I was planning to play it on ps5, but now I'm kind of worried about it and I wonder if it'll be safer to play it on ps4.

I just realised there is a seperate place for the goty edition, but looks like I can't delete my post. I'll ask it again on the proper place :)

Edited by emboliformis

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/11/2020 at 11:29 PM, kanzenchaos said:

It works 100%, you complete that mission, you exit the game and shortly after entering the mission of revenge skips you