Request: Remove Survive from Metal Gear series

Deceptrox

I was kinda expecting these kind of answers but I didn't expect them to be completely unanimous. 

I haven't played the game but I watched the release trailer and even if my opinion doesn't matter for me it will never be a Metal Gear game.

The game might be fun and I may even  give a try (on an alt account) but my disdain for adding "Metal Gear" in the title won't go away. 

Edited by Deceptrox
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, Sergen said:

Next up will be people suggesting to remove The Elder Scrolls Online from the Elder Scrolls series due to it being much longer than Skyrim while they actually want to flex having the series done. I see on your list that you've done all of the Metal Gear games except Rising and Survive so I assume you're suggesting this removal due to not wanting to have to do Survive to maintain a full series completion of Metal Gear. I will add that the series isn't called "Metal Gear Solid" on this website, but rather "Metal Gear", but I think you could maybe have your way by instead suggesting a separate series named "Metal Gear Solid" which will include all the games you've done without including Survive and Rising.

Of course. These are the same people asking Fallout 76 to be removed from the Fallout series because everybody jumped on the bandwagon on hating Bethesda when that game was released.

Metal Gear died when Hideo Kojima left Konami and moved on to make Death Stranding.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Spaz said:

Of course. These are the same people asking Fallout 76 to be removed from the Fallout series because everybody jumped on the bandwagon on hating Bethesda when that game was released.

Metal Gear died when Hideo Kojima left Konami and moved on to make Death Stranding.

Going deeper: Fallout 3 and Fallout 4 + 76 have nothing to do with Fallout series (especially spin-offs) and MGS died on MGS 3.

Going even deeper: Fallout can only be isometric and non-2d Metal Gears are not canon.

You can continue with it endlessly.

• Like 2

I wouldn’t worry about it. Personally I don’t think there’s much to completing a series on this site if it means you have to 100% complete the duds or every single stack of the same game. For example if I 100% completed The New Colossus, I wouldn’t feel the need to do it again on the German version.

Edited by bikeman223
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, guy who says bruh said:

a604rad7j4651.png

Very constructive comment stating the reasons why the game should be considered a Metal Gear game.

14 minutes ago, Phantochi said:

Next up: i don't have a ps4 but here's my opinion 

Same as above but I'll swap PS4 for PS5.

27 minutes ago, Spaz said:

Exactly. The only reason why Survive exists is that Konami tried to milk the series but failed.

Edited by Deceptrox
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, guy who says bruh said:

Going deeper: Fallout 3 and Fallout 4 + 76 have nothing to do with Fallout series (especially spin-offs) and MGS died on MGS 3.

Going even deeper: Fallout can only be isometric and non-2d Metal Gears are not canon.

You can continue with it endlessly.

Bullshit.

1 minute ago, Deceptrox said:

Exactly. The only reason why Survive exists is thay Konami tried to milk the series but failed.

True.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, bikeman223 said:

I wouldn’t worry about it. Personally I don’t think there’s much to completing a series on this site if it means you have to 100% complete the duds or every single stack of the same game. For example if I 100% completed The New Colossus, I wouldn’t feel the need to do it again on the German version.

Bikeman is right. I wouldn't worry about it either. I have 100 percented the New Colossus and I feel zero need to do the German version even though I've done the Mein Leben run on this account and my alt. for streaming purposes in order to have a live trophy drop. If the game doesn't appeal to you...I fully support you following your motivation and not playing it. My 2 cents. Dude...the trophies you have gotten for the Metal Gear series are great. Move on to something that motivates you.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Spaz said:

Bullshit.

True.

Honest question (because I don't know the answer): were any of the creative voices behind the original Fallout games involved with the Bethesda games?

Because the argument here seems to be that Metal Gear Survive isn't a "real" Metal Gear game because Kojima wasn't involved.

15 minutes ago, guy who says bruh said:

You haven't played game at all. How we can even discuss game at this point.

Have you played it? 

I know for sure it has nothing to do with The Phantom Pain storyline nor the rest of the canon. I suspect it has something to do with the skulls/parasites but with a lacking story if it has one.

The only valid reason to maintain "Metal Gear" in the title is if a Metal Gear or similar weapon makes an appearance, and the plot or a big part of it revolves around it. 

Edited by Deceptrox