Boycott the 3rd Party sellers

kingofbattle8174

2 hours ago, Shizo said:

I don't understand people that don't pre-order and then complain about out of stock consoles.

Here's a different view, I preordered a PS5 months ago, had it confirmed. Even paid the rest of it off, come launch day morning it was refunded and the retailer said sorry for making a stocking mistake. 

Then I spent all day fighting with bots trying to get a console I SHOULD have had in the first place. So yeah, I'm going to complain. 

• Like 1

Honestly can you blame them? people are fucking stupid enough to pay double. Especially due to covid and some lockdowns and parents wanting a smile on their kids faces. I hope they pay the 1000+ and get a console,  no warranty,  that totally bricks.

Serves em right..Wait a few months,  they are in stock and scalpers are left with no choice but to lower prices. But there is enough idiots to buy em before then I'm sure 

There's a store here in spain that pays you 550€ (so they give you extra 50€ of the disc console) so they can resell it for like 800€. So, who's the stupid here?

Anyway, when I ordered mine on amazon it said that the delivery date was like 25-26 november. I didn't care, but hey, they I finally got it home the same launch day. I wouldn't care if it got late or if they didn't have enough stock, but I'm sure I'm not paying more that the base price.

Edited by breakXedge

7 minutes ago, breakXedge said:

There's a store here in spain that pays you 550€ (so they give you extra 50€ of the disc console) so they can resell it for like 800€. So, who's the stupid here?

Anyway, when I ordered mine on amazon it said that the delivery date was like 25-26 november. I didn't care, but hey, they I finally got it home the same launch day. I wouldn't care if it got late or if they didn't have enough stock, but I'm sure I'm not paying more that the base price.

In the UK we have got a huge store called CEX

They are currently offering £600 cash for any PS5 disc versions and they are selling them for £750

Easy way to make fast money and I dont blame any one that chooses to do that.

7 minutes ago, Japanime_Gamer said:

In the UK we have got a huge store called CEX

They are currently offering £600 cash for any PS5 disc versions and they are selling them for £750

Easy way to make fast money and I dont blame any one that chooses to do that.

yep, I was talking about CEX!

Just checked and it's like this:

Disc one: They offer 640€ and they sell them for 800€ (with all the box and paper).

Digital one: They offer 252€ and they sell them for 400€ (same, with the box).

Edit: and we're talking that they're selling a second hand console!

Edited by breakXedge
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MickeyMixLipa said:

Here's a different view, I preordered a PS5 months ago, had it confirmed. Even paid the rest of it off, come launch day morning it was refunded and the retailer said sorry for making a stocking mistake. 

Then I spent all day fighting with bots trying to get a console I SHOULD have had in the first place. So yeah, I'm going to complain. 

That sucks, but that's a shitty retailer then. Don't buy from them in the future. I pre-ordered from the largest electronics retailer in Russia. They had PS5 pre-orders opened from Sep. 17 up until October 20. Anyone who pre-ordered one, got one on Nov. 19.

Edited by Shizo

It's a whole new ball game now. Originally a person would need to queue up like the rest of us when they went in to buy 2 or 3 of the same console. Now online scripts and bot programs allow them to pull in much higher numbers of units and properly operationalise. That articles popping up about the scalper group that managed to pull off 3,500 PS5 resales is testament to that fact. You would never have been able to do this in the past.

Honestly, it will be a growing problem now that folks have a taste at how successful it is and how many people are willing to pay idiot tax on these scalped PS5's (or any scalped in-demand tech). It's not just that group either - it's also compounded by having a legion of gift-buying parents who don't know any better and are literally exploited because their generation gap.

I don't think it is something Sony can tackle alone - they need to co-ordinate with retailers and outlets as well as ensure they can meet demand for their own product accurately.

And like a few folks have mentioned there is a market for it, otherwise they would not be re-selling them in the first place. Because they aren't technically licensed businesses and more like organised groups, it's very hard to boycott. The more dumb and dumber buy into the market, the worse it will get. If these scalper groups organised and tried to become legit licensed businesses then it would be able to invite more regulation and fairness, but until then we'll just go through this cycle every time a new console is released.

Edited by Crispy_Oglop
  • Like 3

I get that some people like the new and shiny things, I mean personally I pulled a WTF face when I heard they do midnight openings for iPhones and people queue for ages....

Each to thier own, what is special to one person is not special to someone else. If I had thought about it before hand I might have tried to grab a few to sell on and work it out that I ultimatly get a PS5 for free, but I would not take the piss and sell for double.

Personally I am in no rush, PS4 still have a lot of life in it, *stares at the backlog* lol

Also I refuse to buy a console that is anything but black!

• Like 1

I dont really get why Sony is not trying to do something against this resellers

I mean when someone buys a ps5 for 1000 dollar he obviously is willing to spend 1000 bucks for gaming stuff. but only 500 of them go to sony. so sony misses out on the other 500 that could have been spent to buy games, controllers, headsets etc.
anyway i 100% dont want to support people that scalp away so many consoles. i was sitting on the 19th in front of my pc refreshing the site for 3h straight and in the end didnt get a console because they were sold too fast. i understand when someone gets his console and then makes a view bucks instead of keeping it to rebuy later and get some games or whatever but trying to make a living of that is annoying

12 hours ago, AJ_-_808 said:

*looks at untouched pile of 100ish  ps4 games bought cheap on sale*

Yeah.. I can wait until later for a ps5.  I agree that scalpers suck, but it isnt a must-have in my opinion.  I'm sure I'm not the only one with a lengthy backlog.

Absolutely agree with this.  I have more than enough PS4 games to get through as well - I have no plans to even contemplate buying a PS5 until mid-2022 at the very earliest.... and maybe not even then.

I might be the odd one here who don't against scalpers, because I know I will never purchase anything from them. I understand your frustrations. However, as long as people are willing to pay that price, scalper will be around. There are a lot of shitty businesses in this society, your ISP, drug company, and insurance company. They are worse than scalpers.

Edited by GTA_Darren

Basically it is just free enterprise.  "What the market will bear" and what people are willing pay.  Putting in laws that you can't sell for over MSRP is rubbish.  Will I buy from a scalper?  No. (I already have a PS5).  But someone else will, and it is their decision.  No one is forcing them to buy it.

• Like 2