Trophy thoughts?

arcanehornet_

2 hours ago, arcanehornet_ said:

Looks mostly easy to do. 

The platinum won't be easy - most are easy enough and pop without doing anything, but obtaining an S rank in the Extreme game will be a bitch as it gets very difficult. Also, completing all 150 Arkanoid levels on Hard will also be a pain as its 150 level and your only control method is to use the touchpad on the controller, you can't use the sticks.

At least it isn't 'obtain the highest grade on all 150 levels' as so far, I've not got the gold on any of the levels I've played through on the normal difficulty.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, ViperLance34 said:

Is this anything like Space Invaders Extreme for the DS?

The exact games in this collection are as follows

qcbzcbX.png

The Switch however got exclusive physical releases that will not go out to PSN

c6d4Wov.png

Additionally, these physical editions come with games not in the PSN collection, which I think is kind of stupid personally >_>

hTJPPBR.png

• Like 1

i see success in many attempts. if they let you play that exact level. not so much getting up to that level and they decide fate of the rating.

thinking back in my early psn days i played something that rated you on how well/fast you complete the challenge. 

it was galaga legions DX.

Edited by kingdrake2

2 hours ago, turniplord said:

The platinum won't be easy - most are easy enough and pop without doing anything, but obtaining an S rank in the Extreme game will be a bitch as it gets very difficult. Also, completing all 150 Arkanoid levels on Hard will also be a pain as its 150 level and your only control method is to use the touchpad on the controller, you can't use the sticks.

At least it isn't 'obtain the highest grade on all 150 levels' as so far, I've not got the gold on any of the levels I've played through on the normal difficulty.

Woah woah woah...you have to use the touchpad!? 

That's a no from me, then.

On 12/11/2020 at 4:26 PM, yowzagabowza said:

Woah woah woah...you have to use the touchpad!? 

That's a no from me, then.

It's only for the Arkanoid game mode and most likely because it was originally a mobile game - so it's mimicking the original input.

You have to quickly move the paddle and also thrust it forwards to initiate special moves, so I can see why they've done this - but having stick control with a button to thrust could have been added I guess.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Thoughts so far.

Getting the trophies for Arkanoid Vs. Space Invaders was surprisingly less daunting than I expected. My estimation would be about 20 hours for all its trophies. During Hard Mode, you can bet you will get frustrated and have to replay certain stages up to 15 times. Individual stages can vary greatly in challenge, though. Using the right character can make certain stage even on Hard pretty easy. Some Hard stages I aced with the first try. Others I was stuck for so many retries. This goes without saying, but you should unlock all the characters before starting Hard. Most of them you will probably achieve without effort.

I would have to say my most commonly used character was definitely Ti2 (Overclock) , followed by Proco, Kage and Kunoichi. Ti2's extension of the Attack Mode is simply a must for a lot of the stages where you need multiple tries, accuracy and all the time you can get. Proco's time slowing ability helped in the worst fast bullet hell stages, as does Kunoichi's deflection shield. Kage is handy for stages where you need to get rid a lot of of bricks. There's still some luck involved, even when you choose the right pilot and do everything right. For example, you might randomly get a slew of red perks that you just can't avoid.

It sure puts a strain on your fingers. When my index finger started aching, I switched to middle finger. Then it tired I just had to take a break. I just finished Hard Mode and both my hands are a little sore. :D The other from keeping the controller in place and the other one for controlling. The touchpad isn't completely ideal for this, but it didn't hamper the experience and fulfills its function. What I did notice was that every now and then, the picture size would almost hide the occasional perk or projectile when it appeared at the very edge of the picture. I doubt this was an issue in the original phone game.

I think the Arkanoid Extreme trophies are going to be harder than Arkanoid Vs. Space Invaders.

Edited by Antiristus

17 minutes ago, Antiristus said:

I can say it's not enough to get one from a single stage. I think getting an S rank means getting an S on all stages in a branch of Arcade mode.

I thought as much when I managed to get an S rank on Stage 1-A. Got any tips? Can't seem to get higher than A in later stages.

21 hours ago, Ghost Asset said:

I thought as much when I managed to get an S rank on Stage 1-A. Got any tips? Can't seem to get higher than A in later stages.

I'm just wondering about his myself. Getting S on the first stage is easy, but after that I've so far gotten only to A.

• 1 month later...
On 7/20/2021 at 8:24 AM, Antiristus said:

I'm just wondering about his myself. Getting S on the first stage is easy, but after that I've so far gotten only to A.

Not even sure how to get an S rank at this point.

I'm guessing you have to fulfill the onscreen lists: kill Row x3, kill same colour / same shape etc?

Also struggling to get into the trees 5b, 5c etc. 

Looks like plat isn't going to happen for me lol, but still a fin empty-box game :)

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 15/11/2021 at 8:23 PM, AvengedEvil said:

So, getting S rank in arcade mode seems to be the plat-stopper, right?

Has anyone seriously tried to get this trophy? I'd like to start this game but would also like to know in advance what I'm up to. Thanks!

I have definitely tried seriously. And in my opinion, getting the S rank is the hardest thing on this list. I lost interest in actively pursuing it once someone beat me to the punch of being the first in the world to achieve the plat :D

Now it's more like "I'll get back to it eventually".

• 1 month later...
On 23/06/2021 at 3:11 PM, ViperLance34 said:

Does anybody know if the "Arcade Mode S Rank" trophy requires you to get an S rank in all stages or just one?

You need to achieve S-rank in all stages. Getting all S but for a single A will downgrade your total score to an A.

On 25/08/2021 at 1:06 PM, yoda_squad said:

Not even sure how to get an S rank at this point.

I'm guessing you have to fulfill the onscreen lists: kill Row x3, kill same colour / same shape etc?

Also struggling to get into the trees 5b, 5c etc. 

Looks like plat isn't going to happen for me lol, but still a fin empty-box game :)

The criteria for S-rank is very straightforward: accumulate 1.5 million points. This is needed for each and every stage.

The criteria for reaching into the lower paths is to perform well pointwise. If you perform poorly, you'll be locked out from the lower paths and you will be forced to do A or B.

Even when doing well and earning an S in the first 2 stages, I recommend choosing path B, as anything below that gets increasingly harder. Not saying it can't be done, not at all, I simply sought the path of least resistance, and said path wasn't too annoying.

On 15/11/2021 at 7:23 PM, AvengedEvil said:

So, getting S rank in arcade mode seems to be the plat-stopper, right?

Has anyone seriously tried to get this trophy? I'd like to start this game but would also like to know in advance what I'm up to. Thanks!

The game is rather short but you shouldn't be fooled by its apparence. The key to achieve the 1.5 million points is to learn the path that you're aiming for. In my case, I went for 3-B, 4-B and lastly 5-B, as stated above.

You're always forced to play through 1-A and 2-A, and the reason for the path I chose is that path A starting from stage 3 is extremely tight in terms of errors.

I would say that 2-A and 3-B were the hardest, and the final 2 stages were surprisingly lax as you can die once or twice and still easily reach the points required.

How you reach the points is also straightforward: don't lose your chain and succeed in almost each and every bonus round you'll get. When you do, your weapon gets much more powerful and you'll be able to clear each wave much easier.

That said, you can still get hit and die after a bonus round, thus losing your chain - so always be careful in that regard. Since your chain is tied to the bonus score you'll receive once you eventually lose it, obviously you want it going as far as possible.

I would perhaps rate the game as a 6 or 7 difficulty wise. The game is rather short and the effort needed to put in compared to the fun experienced is very skewed, quickly making it a drag. It doesn't take much to fail reaching said point requirement, so there will likely be quite a few restarts before succeeding.

Edited by Mellenthin
  • Like 2