Attack on Completion 2021 ( Year 4)

On 07/02/2021 at 8:52 PM, funboy1246 said:

slight update:

STARTING % - 39.05

CURRENT % - 39.10

INCREASE OF - .05 %

so sadly nothing spectacular. life has been getting in the way more that i would have figured so far this year. but i'm slowly chipping away at it. Think my intial goal of 10% increase was....a little ambitious to say the least lol. but little by little.

Do you still own a PS3?

If you do, there's a good number of games that you can finish or boost your completion quite quickly.

Papo & Yo - A couple of hours to find the collectibles after finishing the game will get this game off your backlog within a day or two.

Game of Thrones Telltale - The last couple of episodes will take about 3-4 hours to finish in total, nice and easy.

Never Alone - About an hour to finish the game and do the collectibles (guide on PSNP is really good)

Valiant Hearts - Again, about an hour or so to do the collectibles and some retries for the final mission trophy and the game will all be done.

Guacamelee! STCE - I love this game, but if you aren't a fan of platformer brawlers this can be quite difficult. You can easily get half the trophies in about 4 hours.

Broken Age - A good written guide for this will make it a lot easier to get all the missable trophies. Will take about 4 hours with a guide and will only need 1 more trophy.

Firewatch - The DLC will take about 2 hours and easily get that game off your hands.

Resident Evil 5 - Missions aren't too long and you can power through using the AI and before you know it, half the trophies are all done.

Journey - Getting to the end with the same partner is the hardest trophy, if you want a hand with this, just ask :)

Plague Inc - The greatest idle game to get trophies. The scenarios can be finished with a little guide in small chunks of about 15 mins each. Surprisingly easy until trying to get 3 stars in all the challenges.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Psy-Tychist said:

Do you still own a PS3?

If you do, there's a good number of games that you can finish or boost your completion quite quickly.

Papo & Yo - A couple of hours to find the collectibles after finishing the game will get this game off your backlog within a day or two.

Game of Thrones Telltale - The last couple of episodes will take about 3-4 hours to finish in total, nice and easy.

Never Alone - About an hour to finish the game and do the collectibles (guide on PSNP is really good)

Valiant Hearts - Again, about an hour or so to do the collectibles and some retries for the final mission trophy and the game will all be done.

Guacamelee! STCE - I love this game, but if you aren't a fan of platformer brawlers this can be quite difficult. You can easily get half the trophies in about 4 hours.

Broken Age - A good written guide for this will make it a lot easier to get all the missable trophies. Will take about 4 hours with a guide and will only need 1 more trophy.

Firewatch - The DLC will take about 2 hours and easily get that game off your hands.

Resident Evil 5 - Missions aren't too long and you can power through using the AI and before you know it, half the trophies are all done.

Journey - Getting to the end with the same partner is the hardest trophy, if you want a hand with this, just ask :)

Plague Inc - The greatest idle game to get trophies. The scenarios can be finished with a little guide in small chunks of about 15 mins each. Surprisingly easy until trying to get 3 stars in all the challenges.

i dont have one any more but alot of the ps3 games that are one my list are also on ps now which i do have. and what i remember of game of thrones on ps3 was it was a buggy near unplayable mess. dont know if i could stand it long enough to complete it lol

but i appriciate the advice. ill look into alot of these games when i get home. see what i can maybe get knocked out 

Edited by funboy1246

8 hours ago, Spinacheq said:

Detroit: Become Human: I started off loving this game while I didn't 100% it by the end of the week.  Family drama with my dumb arse brother sucked most of my Saturday and Sunday away.  I went into my first playthrough blind with the exception of knowing ahead to read all magazines you see and do one playthrough either pacifist or violent.  I initially choose violent and didn't like the way the story was going, so I restarted a new story which wiped all my progress and collectables and tried again as a pacifist.  At the end of the game I was very happy with my choice and enjoyed the story I had choose greatly.  It was even I started to clean up the remaining trophies and the violent play through that game started to lose me.

Make sure you check the Zlatko magazine to save yourself a third partial playthrough. I really enjoyed this game and how different both ending were, however the few partial playthroughs and the the Zlatko magazine made me hate this game. I probably wont play a David Cage game again. 

I, like the million other people, started Concrete Genie this week. Two new games this month has knocked my percentage down by almost a percentage. 

18 hours ago, lil_nicky423 said:

Seems every time I look at my list my interest / priorities change.  This may be why my gaming purgatory is ~62% completion...

I feel you there, I keep doing the same.  I have to force myself to finish what I started and not really enjoyed just to get my completion up as none complete games bug me greatly.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Spinacheq said:

I feel you there, I keep doing the same.  I have to force myself to finish what I started and not really enjoyed just to get my completion up as none complete games bug me greatly.

Think there more like the two of you here. It is also a matter of discipline and focus. I am now focusing on finishing games. It does feel so great once you hit their completion (to whatever level you want that to be; base game, all or partly the DLC). These events help a lot. So finish what you have started! 2021 is the year to complete a bunch of games! The release list for this year is so so anyway .

Edited by gladiatorrrrrrr
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, gladiatorrrrrrr said:

Think there more like the two of you here. It is also a matter of discipline and focus. I am now focusing on finishing games. It does feel so great once you hit their completion (to whatever level you want that to be; base game, all or partly the DLC). These events help a lot. So finish what you have started! 2021 is the year to complete a bunch of games! The release list for this year is so so anyway .

Yes it does feel great, and I have worked a lot on completing my backlog and finishing games thanks to great events and the supportive people in them, like this one, and the casual backlog event.  

• Like 4

9 hours ago, gladiatorrrrrrr said:

These events help a lot. So finish what you have started! 2021 is the year to complete a bunch of games! 

Couldn't agree more.  This is my first time participating in an event and it's been awesome checking in and seeing everyone's progress along with being able to post my own.  There's a sense of accountability that goes along with it.  Enjoying it so far for sure.

• Like 4

Hopefully I can still sign up! I’ve been wanting to find a friendly competition that doesn’t have any requirements since I’m new to the whole trophy hunting world. I’m at 43.6% completion currently. I started God of War back up because all I need to do is grind out some mist echos to unlock everything in the workshop and then defeat the evil Sigun Queen of the Valkryies. 
I would like to set a goal of 60% completion for this year. Hopefully thats realistic! 

• Like 3

If it is still possible to join, id like to.

Starting pcg: 64,91%

Goal: 70%

Ive got alot of hidden trophies (479 from games, that i dont own anymore) is the rule to show them for the competition or is it to dont add more during the competition?

Thanks

• Like 1

On 15-2-2021 at 1:53 PM, mareepx said:

Hitman 3 finally arrived for me last week, only 2 and a half weeks late in the post! Nevertheless, I'm still playing Hitman 2 trying to clean up a few trophies, so I'm not quite ready to make the jump yet.

2 and a Half weeks late and I was thinking the belgian postal service was rubbish. :) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sword said:

Not much completion to be had over the last two months with the grind on Monster Hunter World I've been doing... but I'm finally happy to report that I'm now knee deep in the crown grind for MHW and Iceborne (which is where the majority of the grind happens).

Over the past three or four days I've amassed nearly 30 or so crowns, with over half of the base game monsters completely done (I now have my first full page of large/mini crown monsters completed and it feels amazing). I've also fully completed every base game elder dragon except Kirin (saving Kirin for last to pop the MHW and Iceborne plats simultaneously).

I was optimistic about the grind but either RNG has blessed me or it's just far easier than I anticipated, but I can see the end of this whole thing starting to come into the mirror. Still a far ways off, but I would suspect that in another month I'll probably have these games done.

Then I'll start working on... well, games that take me less than 300 hours to beat. I need a break from this before I start Star Ocean: The Last Hope. :P 

GL with the crowns... I need to get back into Iceborne... I have like 8 more crowns to get before I am finished. xD

• Like 3