Attack on Completion 2021 ( Year 4)

Update #1

Here we go with my first update. I decided to make updates as I go ahead and 100% games. As you guys can see, my Completion Percentage decreased. About a month ago, I was able to get a PS5 BUT, it was for the wrong reasons, to resell it. With the holidays going on, I never posted it and instead I decided to sell my PS4 so I just kept the PS5. I tried Astro that came included with the PS5 and well, as I'm sure you all are aware, percentages on completion go against you once you actually earned a trophy. Despite of that, I was finally able to finish up and 100% Resident Evil 7. It took a month to do because I did not find the motivation to play it at all. Mind you, all I had left were 2 DLCs but I just couldn't. I did not find it enjoyable despite of being able to do it in a few days. Oh well, now that it's outta the way, I definitely feel motivated in tackling other games. I feel like throughout this event, my completion percentage will fluctuate because a lot of my games have not even been started yet but no worries, we are definitely reaching that goal.

Best of luck everyone and stay in the grind.

Original Starting PCG: 77.55%
Goal PCG: 85%
Current PCG: 76.99%
Total Increase/Decrease: 0.56%

Edited by xItsLesterx
  • Like 4

Last year didn't go so well near the end because I tried to play Super Meat Boy on/off for awhile then gave up because it's legitimately way too frustrating for me. So that kinda killed my hopes and dreams for a 100% account and basically all my motivation to even go back and try to complete my other games, cause I know I'd have never hit my goal anyway. I have raised the white flag and accepted that the endgoal of my account will now be 99.something%. cries

Anyway, this year I'd like to make it a bit more realistic and cleanup most of my backlog (except for Super Meat Boy). I'll also have to leave some games unfinished because I'm planning to do some game series plat rains (For example this is why my Dark Souls and Dark Souls 3 have been left at 1 trophy needed for awhile).

So...doing some number crunching and intense calculations, taking into account the 1-trophy-to-completion unfinished games I'll have, I'd like to make my year end goal 98% instead of 100% like last year. We shall be starting at a crisp 93%. 

This way it gives me more breathing room to leave some stuff unfinished and work on my plat rain plans. Boo-ya. Very achievable I think.

Hopefully you're still accepting people, kupo!

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Evilmonkey275 said:

Game Ranks:
S (106)    C (49)     F(33)
A (93)     D (59)
B (31)     E (123)

Game Rank Goals:
S (159)    C (105)   F(0)
A (146)   D (0)
B (84)     E (0)

I really hope you manage to pull this off! That would be amazing! You have 166 games as E and F. That would mean moving a game from say E/F to C or better every 2/3 days. 

Looking at your list Frogger Returns, The Sims 4 (You can plat it in an afternoon), Grim Fandango are where I would start. Any of the Telltale games are a good start too. That could be 3 easy S ranked games in a matter of 2 days. 

You probably have a plan and as always, take my advice how you would like.  

You have a very big goal ahead of you. Best of luck!

• Like 1

Hi all, time for update #3

Games / DLC played during event Completion   Profile Completion Percentage
Game Platform Start Last week This week Date Finished   Start Goal Target
Final Fantasy 15  PS4 N/A 100% 100% 1/15/2021   73.33% 80.00% 6.67%
FF15 DLC: July 2017 Update  PS4 0% 100% 100% 1/16/2021   Current Achieved To Go
FF15 DLC: Royal Pack PS4 0% 92% 92%     74.19% 0.86% 5.81%
AC3 DLC: Tyranny Episode 1 PS3 42% 100% 100% 1/11/2021   Games played during Event
Agarest: Generation of War 2 PS3 0% 3% 40%     Played Complete Platinum
              107 56 59
              Unearned Trophies  

So this week I spent the whole week working on Agarest: Generation of war 2 or as the box says Record of Agarest war 2.  Not a bad game just a little long, but it is a compile hearts game so I knew that going in.  I will do a better review of the game when I finish it.  I didn't want to play any other games this week as starting this game last Sunday dropped my current % down from 74.47% to 73.87% and I want to see how of an increase overall this one new game from my backlog will increase the overall.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Gumby114 said:

I really hope you manage to pull this off! That would be amazing! You have 166 games as E and F. That would mean moving a game from say E/F to C or better every 2/3 days. 

That actually isn't as hard as one would think with games that have low average completion and plat/100% rarity.  C rank is usually obtained just a bit below the average completion for a game and for a lot of games, that's going to be between 15-20% which is only about 10 trophies on average (less if the game has some silver and gold available early on).  The bigger issue really is that F ranks don't count against completion until a trophy is earned, so that will result in further drops in completion, probably around 5% in total for earning a trophy in each of them.

15 hours ago, Evilmonkey275 said:

If I knew there was an event like this I would of join from the start. I was planning on making my account look better and getting back into trophy hunt again this year. I'm so in I'm going in with a 39.30% completion rate, my goal is to double that. Also wanna get rid of all my F,E, and D ranks have nothing but C's and up.

Game Ranks:
S (106)    C (49)     F(33)
A (93)     D (59)
B (31)     E (123)

Game Rank Goals:
S (159)    C (105)   F(0)
A (146)   D (0)
B (84)     E (0)

Thats a pretty substantial list, and achievable too.

Some options to boost it:

Frogger Returns - 20 mins to finish.

Sound Shapes - A couple of attempts at the Death Runs will take about an hour or so. The other trophies can be done in 20 seconds each.

Heavy Rain - One playthrough will get that to C ranking in about 8-10 hours.

The Sims 4 - There's a really good guide for it here and can be done in a day.

Fullblast - An hour tops to finish it.

36 Fragments of Midnight - I see 3 stacks and they can all be done in half an hour each. A little bit of patience with each one and they'll all be done.

Grim Fandango - As long as you play with Tank Controls, there is a guide to complete this in an afternoon.

All Telltale games are easy to finish in a couple of sessions about 2 hours per episode. 

You also have a lot of games I really enjoy, like the Bioshock series, the Dead Space series, the Uncharted series, Horizon Zero Dawn, Darksiders etc, the list goes on.

I look forward to seeing how your backlog shrinks :)

I also recommend using this thread if you want some more positive reinforcement:

22 hours ago, Gumby114 said:

Looking at your list Frogger Returns, The Sims 4 (You can plat it in an afternoon), Grim Fandango are where I would start. Any of the Telltale games are a good start too. That could be 3 easy S ranked games in a matter of 2 days. 

You probably have a plan and as always, take my advice how you would like.  

You have a very big goal ahead of you. Best of luck!

Thanks idk I really haven't thought about it I just thought I'll start with what I can 100% the fastest. I just started started with the Ps Vita since I can earn trophies at work ? 

15 hours ago, Psy-Tychist said:

Thats a pretty substantial list, and achievable too.

Some options to boost it:

Frogger Returns - 20 mins to finish.

Sound Shapes - A couple of attempts at the Death Runs will take about an hour or so. The other trophies can be done in 20 seconds each.

Heavy Rain - One playthrough will get that to C ranking in about 8-10 hours.

The Sims 4 - There's a really good guide for it here and can be done in a day.

Fullblast - An hour tops to finish it.

36 Fragments of Midnight - I see 3 stacks and they can all be done in half an hour each. A little bit of patience with each one and they'll all be done.

Grim Fandango - As long as you play with Tank Controls, there is a guide to complete this in an afternoon.

All Telltale games are easy to finish in a couple of sessions about 2 hours per episode. 

You also have a lot of games I really enjoy, like the Bioshock series, the Dead Space series, the Uncharted series, Horizon Zero Dawn, Darksiders etc, the list goes on.

I look forward to seeing how your backlog shrinks :)

I also recommend using this thread if you want some more positive reinforcement:

Thanks for the advice. Yeah some games I got burnt out since I would force myself to platinum them and some I got to rebuy. So far I've been 100% what I think I can but I'm gonna take y'all advice and look into some guides and threads.