Attack on Completion 2021 ( Year 4)

31 minutes ago, be_minor said:

As long as I continue to work on my backlog, this new goal should be doable. 

I think this really is the hardest part of getting completion up.  Resisting the temptation of playing new stuff and actually playing the old stuff.  Good luck getting that last bit though since you're so close and I bet you can do it!

• Like 3

Thanks for the vote of confidence @ladynadiad! It's a bit easier to meet my goals while my overall completion is still this low. But I definitely think the temptation to play new releases (especially Back 4 Blood) make this challenging. Congrats on all your personal progress though! I admire all the work you've put into keeping your completion percentage high, and your harrowing experience with Shiness. 

On 10/1/2021 at 3:59 PM, Psy-Tychist said:

I'm hoping that I can make concerted improvement in my percentage before the end of the year. I already missed the boat on a lot of games multiplayer aspects that will always keep me from coming back to certain games but hopefully I can make it 3% increase by the end of the year.

Any recomendations for games they enjoy that I haven't finished yet, let me know :)

I would focus on games that need not more than 1o hours each to complete. It is motivating to just get some games off your backlog list. Some suggestions:

Uncharted Golden Abyss => top game on the VITA

Forma8 => not too hard and fun to pick up and play for half an hour or so

AC Syndicate => pretty okay AC and you still have a lot to earn on this one ?

Edited by gladiatorrrrrrr

Hey fellow trophy hunters,

Monday update

AC III + DLC (3/4) - PS3

Session didn't go through for the remaining MP trophy hopefully it will take place this week

Dead Nation - PSVita

Decided to go back to this game. i was stuck on the very last checkpoint on my Grim run. Spend almost 2 hours but there was no way I could get through. I was just missing fire power. Decided to do the blackest scenario and started my run from scratch in order to upgrade a different load out. That worked well and I got my Grim run finished. Now I am on my morbid run ....

Metro Last Light + DLC (0/5) - PS3

Focusing on the DLC at the moment. Did finish 2 and still 2 parts to go. The 5th DLC is the main game on Hardcore ranger mode and will enter this when ready with the remaining DLC,

Current Status:

Screenshot-2021-10-04-100629.jpg

Plans for next week(s):

- make progress on Metro Last Light, first finishing the DLC first (PS3)

- finish MP DLC of AC III (PS3)

-continue with Dead Nation (PSVita)

Happy trophy hunting!

• Like 4

5 hours ago, gladiatorrrrrrr said:

AC III + DLC (3/4) - PS3

Session didn't go through for the remaining MP trophy hopefully it will take place this week

If I can be of help pls let me know, I have the game and struggled to find help on those 2 mp trophies myself when I went back to it.  I need to finish the 3 story dlc anyways so helping might kick me in the pants to load the game up for myself.  I work from home so I can be available almost anytime and at least the revive trophy you need can be done in about 20 to 30 mins maybe less once a pattern is going.

• Like 1

Weekly update

I made it to the end of the month with a decent increase and then promptly started a new game. Haven't spent much time on it yet so with it sitting at 5% it tanked my numbers. Hoping to correct that this week. If I can sneak a few crowns in as well I will be happy.

Monster Hunter World

Slowing down on this game as the gold crown grind is kicking in. Slowing make bits of progress but don't expect too much in the way of trophies for the next while. Still fun to jump in and do some hunts but would be a lot more fun with a group of friends.

Fez

Started and finished Fez this week. Ive played it before but never completed it. Its a pretty brilliant design (gameplay wise) with the way you can spin your view. This game is a platformer full of old skool charm and I had a good time with it. Was nice to finally finish it as well.

Yaga

Only just started on this and am an hour or two into it and still figuring out how everything works. This single handed dropped my completion by a fair bit but hopefully I will get a lot done on this one during the week and push the numbers back to where they were at minimum. Seems like an interesting game so far and its really my first experience with Slavic folklore.

Stats

Starting = 81.18%     -   Starting Platinums = 69

Current Gain = 5.16%     -   Current Platinums = 111

Jan = 82.41% (+1.23%)    -   Jan Platinums = (+1)

Feb = 84.43% (+2.02%)    -   Feb Platinums = (+8)

Mar = 84.07% (-0.36%)    -   Mar Platinums = (+4)

Apr = 82.67% (-1.40%)    -   Apr Platinums = (+3)

May = 84.38% (+1.71%)    -   May Platinums = (+6)

Jun = 85.08% (+0.70%)    -   Jun Platinums = (+3)

Jul = 86.22% (+1.14%)    -   Jul Platinums = (+7)

Aug = 86.23% (+0.01%)    -   Aug Platinums = (+6)

Sep = 86.75% (+0.52%)    -   Sep Platinums = (+4)

Oct = 86.34% (-0.41%)    -   Oct Platinums = (0)

• Like 4

1 hour ago, gruffiiti said:

Monster Hunter World

Slowing down on this game as the gold crown grind is kicking in. Slowing make bits of progress but don't expect too much in the way of trophies for the next while. Still fun to jump in and do some hunts but would be a lot more fun with a group of friends.

It is on my list to get back into, as I too want to clean this game up and I really enjoyed it when it came out

• Like 3

Starting Percent: 55.33%

Previous Update: 63.59%

Current Percent: 63.57%

Ran through the DLC for Control and unlocked my final base game trophies along the way. Not 100%'d right now because I don't fancy having to look up all the hidden locations and collectibles in the DLC just yet. Still, completion percentage has come down just a tiny bit because I've already made a start on Hotwheels Unleashed which came out last week, wasn't planning on getting this at release but I had an opportunity to pre order for only £24 so I went for it. It's decent and definitely worth what I paid for it but there are some reviewers giving this really high scores such as 9/10 and I really think that's exaggerating how good this game actually is. Anyway, whilst I don't think it's amazing, it is decent fun playing through the single player mode for a couple hours each night, also had a couple sessions in multiplayer and earned 2/3 of the online trophies so far. Even when I do complete all the events with 'unleashed' rating it looks there'll be a grind for coins and gears at the end of the game anyway so I'm in no rush to try and complete this game quickly.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Spinacheq said:

If I can be of help pls let me know, I have the game and struggled to find help on those 2 mp trophies myself when I went back to it.  I need to finish the 3 story dlc anyways so helping might kick me in the pants to load the game up for myself.  I work from home so I can be available almost anytime and at least the revive trophy you need can be done in about 20 to 30 mins maybe less once a pattern is going.

Thanks! I appreciate the offer but is looks like we finally get this done tonight. Fingers crossed

10 hours ago, gladiatorrrrrrr said:

AC III + DLC (3/4) - PS3

Finally got the session done and got the 'One for all' :silver: trophy, one trophy left but that one is giving me a headache. I need to reach sequence 25 in a Wolf Pack and 24 is the highest I can get too.....this one is costing me a lot of time.

Congrats.  I think the wolf pack one gave me the most trouble from that set as well.  I found certain maps of the additional were harder than others to rack up the points.  

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Spinacheq said:

Congrats.  I think the wolf pack one gave me the most trouble from that set as well.  I found certain maps of the additional were harder than others to rack up the points.  

That is one I am still missing ?.... I can easy to level 20....I have reached 24 coupe of times. So I am close but not there yet.....any tip is welcome! Which map was for you the 'easiest'?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, gladiatorrrrrrr said:

That is one I am still missing 1f602.png.... I can easy to level 20....I have reached 24 coupe of times. So I am close but not there yet.....any tip is welcome! Which map was for you the 'easiest'?

So for tips I would say only focus on 1 map, so you learn were the next target tends to spawn from.  I found Saint Pierre the best one as is it pretty open and easy to move around in.  I set my abilities up like this:

Ability 1 - Disguise 

Ability 2 - Smoke bomb (this works great when you have multiple targets and aren't sure which one is the right one.) 

Ranged - knives 

Perk 1 - Blender (helps with multiple targets as one will always try to attack you.)

perk 2 - Resistance (this helps if you get stunned by choosing wrong on a target, to recover faster)

Kill streak - +250

So I focused as much as possible in the beginning of the match to get as many of the bonuses per kill.  I.e. at the top left it might say silent kill or acrobatic kill.  Until you get to the high teens these should be cake, and if you do as many as possible then you can rack up enough points to skip a stage or 2.  I also always focused on getting a full lock and full focus bonus.   This adds up pretty fast if you just this.  I would spend a few secs blending in or walking slowly behind them  it might seem like a time waste but the bonus points for it are better than the 5 to 10 secs you waste.   Also if a time extend kill is close by go for it.  Nothing flashy just kill and move on.  Usually this was when I would use my disguise was right after murdering the time extender.  

Basically I started small focusing on how to the initial bonus kills for each target in the beginning,  learning the lay of the land.  after about 4 or 5 quick matches you will start to get the idea of where the next target will be and how to best approach them.  If by the time you are at level 20+ and you don't have about 2 mins left on your timer it will be very hard to get to 25.  Not impossible but harder.  At least this is my opinion :) hopefully this helps.  I also tried to follow the guide for that pack on this site it helped me a lot.