Attack on Completion 2021 ( Year 4)

Finished another backlog game today.

Battlefield V :D

Starting: 55.23%

Current: 56.66%

Massive thanks to @nojokaboom, @ABlueBadger and @VD_419 for helping with the mind numbing boosting.

Why DICE decided against adding more trophies with the updates, like they did Battlefield 1, I’ve no idea. I would’ve happily carried on going for those trophies whilst levelling up each Class.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Sword said:

In what is a bizarre turn of events, I managed to get the two crowns I needed for the base game in about an hour and a half... after spending 40 hours last week and only nabbin' a single crown for the Iceborne expansion.

RNG be RNGing

Congrats! That is a great milestone!

• Like 1

On 15.3.2021 at 9:34 AM, gladiatorrrrrrr said:

Monday update

This was a good week in terms of finishing games, not so great in terms of earning trophies and increasing completion rate, Second and third runs of games are not bringing so much extra Silverware :S

Killzone Mercenary (PSVita)

The :bronze:Blood Bank trophy (Kill 10,000 enemies ) is a grindy one. And at first I had decided to play only a couple of games per day but I then I thought; let's just finish this now! So I have played the ' Diplomatic incident' level over and over again until this one and the Plat popped. Happy to have this on my list done, it took me 5 years and 9 months.

Lord of the Rings: War in the North (PS3)

After solving the glitch decided to do the heroic and legendary run straight after each other. Bit too much of LotR for my taste but I was fearing that I would keep postponing the legendary run too long I would than disregard it. Two tips on how to avoid/solve glitches:

- disable automatic cloud saving and save manually every time you finish a chapter. Just to be safe

- in Chapter 5; ALWAYS make the 'captive' side quest

this one took me 7 years and 11 months....

The Division 2 (PS4)

The game got me lured back in again. Had some fun with it (non trophy related). But did finish the DC Outskirts DLC pack this week. Question if somebody already has earned the Extreme Manhunt :bronze:; what method did you use? I see different solutions on this and other fora.

Shinobodi 2 (PSVita)

On Hold

Star Wars Battlefront II (PS4)

On hold

Current Status:

Screenshot-2021-03-15-083310.jpg

Plans for next week:

- Decide what to play next on PS4/PS3, I am doubting between Remember Me (PS3) and Infamous Second Son (PS4)

- Finish Riddled Ex (PSVita)

Happy trophy hunting!

Let me know what you think about Remember Me. I got free on PS Plus years ago, and it's been on my backlog ever since. 

13 hours ago, Sword said:

In what is a bizarre turn of events, I managed to get the two crowns I needed for the base game in about an hour and a half... after spending 40 hours last week and only nabbin' a single crown for the Iceborne expansion.

Congrats, and watch out, as this is your ps4 listening to you and heard you going to put MHW to bed so it gave you a quick win with the base game to get you rethink Iceborne. ooops sorry my tin foil hat is slipping LOL.

• Like 1

On 16/03/2021 at 0:15 AM, BullShark_NL said:

Update time

I finished the story from Batman Arkham City and played the Catwoman and Harley Quinn DLC's. Now working on all the Riddler trophies and the Phone Booth killer. I also decided to not even try to get the platinum after spending an hour on one AR Training and still hitting the wall. I got this rule for myself, only play as long as it is fun and stop as soon as it gets frustrated. That AR training got me really frustrated. 

And to get rid of the frustrating feeling I play COD Cold War zombies. And what makes me even feel better, earning a trophy ?

I can't even get 3 stars in the first combat challenge ? 

If its the one AR challenge I'm thinking of, it can be frustrating. If it's the one in the Bowery under the glass dome, you have to lift from the dive quite slowly to go over the fence to not hit the girders as you glide. Not sure if that is the one you mean, but tis the one I had troubles with.

As to the combat, don't worry about trying to get fancy moves in. Practice the punch, counter, stun and jump over moves in the early challenges. Once you get a good combo up, the scores rack up quickly. The main thing is to try not to get hit too often between combos. If you can always try and finish the round with a ground pound after a combo it will give you quite a bit of points.

• Like 1

On 16-3-2021 at 8:12 AM, Wild-Arms-R said:

Just mix up your moves and abuse the evade move(jump over enemies heads) move 

Thanks for the tip, I was hitting triangle button all the time and still getting hit, the evade move is much better. Got the 50x combo this way.

On 17-3-2021 at 10:04 AM, Psy-Tychist said:

If its the one AR challenge I'm thinking of, it can be frustrating. If it's the one in the Bowery under the glass dome, you have to lift from the dive quite slowly to go over the fence to not hit the girders as you glide. Not sure if that is the one you mean, but tis the one I had troubles with.

As to the combat, don't worry about trying to get fancy moves in. Practice the punch, counter, stun and jump over moves in the early challenges. Once you get a good combo up, the scores rack up quickly. The main thing is to try not to get hit too often between combos. If you can always try and finish the round with a ground pound after a combo it will give you quite a bit of points.

No it was the one in the Amusement Mile / Industrial District where you have to gilde through a small corridor just above the water. Next day I got it in 2 tries, I hate that even more..... 

Also thanks for the combat tips.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, BullShark_NL said:

Thanks for the tip, I was hitting triangle button all the time and still getting hit, the evade move is much better. Got the 50x combo this way.

No it was the one in the Amusement Mile / Industrial District where you have to gilde through a small corridor just above the water. Next day I got it in 2 tries, I hate that even more..... 

Also thanks for the combat tips.

It’s kinda sad to say but in AC’s Combat maps you can legit spam evade and the basic strike move and easily 3 medal every single map(with all 4 characters) 

Obv you still gotta specific moves depending on the enemies(like heavys, or shield foes) but tbh I really find playing like that super boring. If you want the trophies the easiest that’s the ticket tho.

I would add that Batman’s Square+Cross move is very good at building your combos tho.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Spinacheq said:

For this coming week, not sure I am on Vacation for the whole week and so is my wife, our 19th wedding anniversary is this coming Thursday so I am not sure how much gaming time I will get this week.  Some to be sure, but I will be taking some time away from games to spend some time with her. 

good plan as it safe guards you gaming time in future.....an angry wife doesn't help

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Spinacheq said:

Update #12

This was a short gaming week for me, my wife refused to let me play much last Thursday so I only got what time I could sneak in, and Because I started vacation mid-week the start of the week was very work heavy to clean up my work projects.  I did though manage to get 3 games cleaned up, and off my list of still out there, as well as hit my 4000th trophy Sunday morning.  I only managed a .46% increase overall this last week, but I am now at 5.13% out of my 6.67% goal.  :) .

Minecraft (Vita):

Most of my week went into this one.  I was rebuilding my plat world and managed to get a great seed this time, where I had a village with a cleric, also a huge (by vita standards) nether fortress with 2 blaze spawners, and plenty of walkways for getting skele skulls.  So have I have a world set up to respawn the dragon, spawn the wither, and easy enough to get other components.  (if anyone needs any help let me know.)  Thankfully I was able to clean up the last few trophies and finish off the last 3 DLC's for this game and get it to 100% complete, YEA!!!

Dragon's Crown (Vita):

So I only got 1 trophy this week and it was a super fast super easy one cause I needed one more trophy after finishing Minecraft to get to within 5 of my 4000th.

Persona 4 Golden:

This was the 2nd time demanding part of my week, as I had to do the ng+ run but also re-enjoy the story :).  I was aiming for this game to be my 4000th trophy and on Sunday morning it was.  I forgot how much I like the persona series I will need to go back and finish off persona 5.  I can't believe I had left this game with 5 trophies left for about 7 years.  This game was the initial reason I bought a Vita.  Glad to finish it off and enjoy it in the process, and yes on my ng+ I did the harem finish where I was lover status with all the girls.  It only got super awkward on valentine's day when they were giving me chocolates and asking why I wasn't spending the day with them...

House Flipper DLC:

Since the DLC finally dropped on Thursday, I treated myself to it's purchase as I was my birthday and I felt I should lol.  I had played this on PC so I knew what to do for the trophies, I didn't know that over half of them were going to be GLITCHED pieces of crap.  That being said someone in the forum found a semi-workable solution of restarting your ps4, reimporting an older save file before the trophy was to pop and doing that trophy again.  It seems only the ones the ones that take more than one map to complete are the glitched ones, I started wonder if frozen district (devs) hired a bunch of people from Hangar 13 (mafia 3 devs).  It is now complete, and what use to be a fun relaxing game before the glitched trophies can now go back to a fun relaxing game.

Games / DLC played during event Completion   Profile Completion Percentage
Game Platform Start Last week This week Date Finished   Start Goal Target
Final Fantasy 15 (DLC 4/8) PS4 N/A 73% 73%     73.33% 80.00% 6.67%
Assassin's Creed 3 (DLC 3/4) PS3 N/A 93% 93%     Current Achieved To Go
Agarest: Generation of War 2 PS3 0% 100% 100% 2/1/2021   78.46% 5.13% 1.54%
Loot Hero DX PS4 0% 100% 100% 2/1/2021   Played Complete Platinum
Detroit: Become Human PS4 0% 100% 100% 2/9/2021   110 65 67
Murdered: Soul Suspect PS4 0% 100% 100% 2/13/2021   Unearned Trophies  
Dragon Quest Heroes PS4 5% 100% 100% 2/25/2021   1041  
Dragon's Crown Vita 4% 11% 12%          
inFamous Second Son PS4 1% 77% 100% 3/12/2021   Finished Games 9
Minecraft (DLC 13/13) PS4 84% 84% 100% 3/12/2021   Finished DLC 18
Minecraft (DLC 7/7) Vita 70% 94% 100% 3/19/2021        
Persona 4 Golden Vita 77% 77% 100% 3/21/2021        
House Flipper (DLC 1/1) PS4 84% 84% 100% 3/21/2021        

For this coming week, not sure I am on Vacation for the whole week and so is my wife, our 19th wedding anniversary is this coming Thursday so I am not sure how much gaming time I will get this week.  Some to be sure, but I will be taking some time away from games to spend some time with her.  And if anyone caught the 2 thursday thing, that is the easy way to never forget your anniversary lol.

House Flipper trophies have always been a hot mess for PS4. It took me three times from scratch to get the 50 houses sold and finally i got it after a patch was released. I did notice these have problems too. I did one of the 5 star trophies and it did not pop afterwards. It is a great update though.