The Ultra Rare Cleanup 2021

On 26.12.2020 at 9:18 AM, S_y_n_e_IR_g_Y said:

I will also add like 50-100€ from my own money for the charity, if thats ok for you :)

Of course that's ok with me, more than ok! Thanks a lot, that's great! ?

21 hours ago, BB-BakkerJ said:

@Arcesius Is it okay to swap in a game after you already completed it?  Starting the new year I’ll be attempting my nemesis 100% profile blocker game again. You know which game it is 1f601.png. Don’t want to put in a Tier until I finish it, because I might never get it.

Edit: I also expect Pier Solar on your list 1f601.png.

Hmm I mean in principle you could pause like a couple of seconds before popping the plat, quickly writing here that you swap the game and then actually pop it... But why not just put it in Tier 1 and swap it out if you can't get it? I hope it works out this time around! 

And yeah... Pier Solar will be there. I wanted to wait until I get a PS5 in case it's somehow easier with that controller, but fuck it. 

32 minutes ago, Smzthyy said:

@Arcesius I swapped out Tetraminos and replaced it with Super Rude Bear Resurrection. Didn’t realise that it’s now an UR plat. 

I also want to mention that it will end up losing its Ultra Rare status once I get the platinum. It’s still eligible though, right? If not then I will just stick with Tetraminos.

Yeah sure. As long as the game fulfills the criteria by the time you commit it to the Tier, it's alright :) I don't own the game yet, but I might get it as long as it fits the event as well :P  

• Like 3

An event where Ellie can play games and raise money for charity? Sign me up, nyaa~! ?

First set of games:

1. Lumo (currently 82%)
  2. Disgaea 4 (PS3) (unstarted)
  3. Fallen Legion: Sins of an Empire (unstarted)
  4. Fallen Legion: Flames of Rebellion (unstarted)
  5. Dissidia Final Fantasy NT (unstarted)

Uhm, I just have one question about Dissidia though. Rules say no auto-pops, but I want to do the Free version and Full version - but doing Free version first will cause some trophies to pop in full version after - is that okay? I'll be doing both after Jan 1 anyway so game will still be done fully from scratch.

I can swap it if it makes it too confusing ?

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, Ellie-nyan said:

An event where Ellie can play games and raise money for charity? Sign me up, nyaa~! 1f63b.png

First set of games:

1. Lumo (currently 82%)
  2. Disgaea 4 (PS3) (unstarted)
  3. Fallen Legion: Sins of an Empire (unstarted)
  4. Fallen Legion: Flames of Rebellion (unstarted)
  5. Dissidia Final Fantasy NT (unstarted)

Uhm, I just have one question about Dissidia though. Rules say no auto-pops, but I want to do the Free version and Full version - but doing Free version first will cause some trophies to pop in full version after - is that okay? I'll be doing both after Jan 1 anyway so game will still be done fully from scratch.

I can swap it if it makes it too confusing 1f639.png

Hum , another very specific instance. What trophies will pop if you play the free version first?

If it's just some starter trophies that you'd pop in 1-2 hours anyway by progressing through the story it should be fine I suppose :D 

5 hours ago, Arcesius said:

Hmm I mean in principle you could pause like a couple of seconds before popping the plat, quickly writing here that you swap the game and then actually pop it... But why not just put it in Tier 1 and swap it out if you can't get it? I hope it works out this time around! 

You can’t pause the game though so that would be impossible. Yeah, I’ll put Ys Origin in Tier 1 for now, and I’ll swap it when I’ve completed the 4 other games and still don’t have it. Problem solved. 

18 minutes ago, Copanele said:

Hum , another very specific instance. What trophies will pop if you play the free version first?

If it's just some starter trophies that you'd pop in 1-2 hours anyway by progressing through the story it should be fine I suppose :D 

Ehhhh I'm not 100% sure but it's quite a bit of grinding, including 300 match wins

So like, I'd do a lot of grinding for the Free version (which has trophies, so I can show they're earned in the timeframe), then jump over to the full version, where those trophies would auto pop, but there'd still be a lot of grinding left for Platinum. ?

Guess I can just use the free version trophies if that makes things easier? ?

2 minutes ago, Ellie-nyan said:

Ehhhh I'm not 100% sure but it's quite a bit of grinding, including 300 match wins

So like, I'd do a lot of grinding for the Free version (which has trophies, so I can show they're earned in the timeframe), then jump over to the full version, where those trophies would auto pop, but there'd still be a lot of grinding left for Platinum. 1f638.png

Guess I can just use the free version trophies if that makes things easier? 1f639.png

Ah ok, I'd say it's eligible in this case,  that's probably the only game where I could see that happening xD And you are not adding your free version to the list itself so I'd say it's good from my side :)

When we mentioned "autopop" we had in mind 2 stacks of the same game, one autopopped, which would not be allowed.

@Arcesius just in case, let me know what you think :D 

• Like 1

I will also do a minor update to my list, I don't like one particular entry on it :D 

1. Mount & Blade : Warband(1.09% UR) - 37%
  2. Mirror's Edge(2.93% ; 0.64% UR) - 55%
  3. The King of Fighters XIII(1.01% UR) - 91%
  4. Batman : Arkham Origins(1.94% ; 1.03% UR) - 14%
  5. Skullgirls 2nd Encore(0.89%) - 97%

Removed Slain Back From Hell because honestly that game scares me at the moment xD  plus, it's time to complete Skullgirls, these ladies have been on my backlog for way too long.

And yeah, despite it's at 97%, the final trophy is the combos for all characters...it will be fun!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BB-BakkerJ said:

You can’t pause the game though so that would be impossible. Yeah, I’ll put Ys Origin in Tier 1 for now, and I’ll swap it when I’ve completed the 4 other games and still don’t have it. Problem solved. 

@Arcesius, @Copanele

Wouldnt it be better if he just swaps the game into his Tier when he finishes the game, as long as he still has swaps available of course?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mori said:

@Arcesius, @Copanele

Wouldnt it be better if he just swaps the game into his Tier when he finishes the game, as long as he still has swaps available of course?

Ok, no problem from my side, Arcesius also explained to me how nasty that game can be. So @BB-BakkerJ you can swap the game once you finish it. Best of luck with it xD heard it can glitch pretty badly.

6 hours ago, xZoneHunter said:

Since i'm casually getting back into Trackmania, i guess i'll try to join one of these backlog events.

1. Trackmania Turbo (69%)
  2. TBD
  3. TBD
  4. TBD
  5. TBD

Not sure yet about the rest. When do you need to finalize your list as i'm not seeing it mentioned in the OP.

There's no constraints, join whenever you have a list available :D

On 23-12-2020 at 2:09 PM, Dzware said:

Great initiative guys! This should also help motivate me to clean up some long forgotten UR games on my list, so here goes:

1. Dead Nation: Apocalypse Edition (PS4, 2.65%) - 70%

2. Catherine (PS3, 1.27%) - 5%

3. Futuridium EP Deluxe (Vita, 0.12%) - 61%

4. Dead or Alive 5 (PS3, 0.50%) - 82%

5. Grand Theft Auto V (PS4, 0.14%) - 94%

Gonna change my list up a bit as well, as I feel like Catherine and especially GTA V might take a while, so decided to tackle some DLC in old games instead. My new list will be:

1. Dead Nation: Apocalypse Edition (PS4, 2.65%) - 70%

2. Mafia 2 (PS3, 1.14%) - 73%

3. Futuridium EP Deluxe (Vita, 0.12%) - 61%

4. Dead or Alive 5 (PS3, 0.50%) - 82%

5. Grand Theft Auto 4 (PS3, 0.47%) - 82%

On 23-12-2020 at 1:03 PM, Berendsapje said:

Well, guess I'll try. It's not like I'll actually raise any money or anything, but whatever. 

1. Island Saver (4.18%) 61%

2. F1 2012 (2.78%) 47%

3. F1 2011 (3.18%) 84%

4. Project Cars 2 (4.29%) 81%

5. Wheelman (2.67%) 38%

Good luck to those that will actually raise any money!

Considering changing your list is apparently what all the cool kids do, guess I'll try and follow in their footsteps. 

Due to how long Grid Autosport will take, I'll replace it with Island Saver, which stands at 4.18% due to DLC being released. So my new list is, well, in the quoted post

11 minutes ago, Berendsapje said:

Considering changing your list is apparently what all the cool kids do, guess I'll try and follow in their footsteps. 

Due to how long Grid Autosport will take, I'll replace it with Island Saver, which stands at 4.18% due to DLC being released. So my new list is, well, in the quoted post

Yeah you might change your list as much as you want until the beginning of 2021. 

That being said, Island Saver is not eligible for this event. The 100% completion rate is 4.18%, but neither the base game nor the DLC have a single UR trophy. 

2 minutes ago, Arcesius said:

That being said, Island Saver is not eligible for this event. The 100% completion rate is 4.18%, but neither the base game nor the DLC have a single UR trophy. 

Huh, missed that rule. In that case, I'm still switching games, but I'm adding Fuel instead of Island Saver. I have 3 trophies left to earn there, and all are UR. Does that count?

14 minutes ago, Berendsapje said:

Huh, missed that rule. In that case, I'm still switching games, but I'm adding Fuel instead of Island Saver. I have 3 trophies left to earn there, and all are UR. Does that count?

Yup, Fuel is OK, the platinum is an UR.

EDIT : Ok now I saw that the online is impossible to do, however the game is still eligible since the remaining 3 trophies are Ultra Rare.

Edited by Copanele

I would love to be a part of this community challenge. I tried to participate in 2020 but I got so caught up in so many community challenges that I never managed to meet the requirements. This year I want to focus on fewer games but push myself to get them 100% complete. Here are my initial 5 that I want to do and I will add more once I finish these 5:

1. Superhot VR (Platinum completion rate: 0.66%) - 0%

2. Rogue Legacy (Platinum completion rate: 2.95%) - 20%

3. Days Gone (No Ultra Rare Platinum but 4 ultra rare DLC trophies) - 0%

4. Crash Bandicoot 4 (Platinum completion rate: 3.30%) - 34%

5. Uncharted 4 (No Ultra Rare Platinum but 2 ultra rare DLC trophies) - 15%

Edited by DarthMagnus0605

I have 2 questions. I apologize if you already answered them. The first is games that start off being UR but then become VR over time. One example from last year that I had was Beat Saber. When I first played it the platinum was an UR plat but now it has moved past the 5% threshold. How do we deal with those? My second question is about adding new games. If we wanted to add new games to the list what is the statute of limitations on that. Do we have to wait a certain amount of time before adding them to our list?

12 minutes ago, DarthMagnus0605 said:

I have 2 questions. I apologize if you already answered them. The first is games that start off being UR but then become VR over time. One example from last year that I had was Beat Saber. When I first played it the platinum was an UR plat but now it has moved past the 5% threshold. How do we deal with those? My second question is about adding new games. If we wanted to add new games to the list what is the statute of limitations on that. Do we have to wait a certain amount of time before adding them to our list?

If you pick an UR game that becomes VR over time it is still considered an URok for this event, you do not have to replace it. However you can't pick a VR game if it was UR a day before,for instance. 

Odd, must have removed that rule by mistake when I edited the main post.

As for the second question, we had tiers in mind in order to prevent adding too many games that will never be completed. You can first add 5 games of your choice, you have one swap available in case you get stuck on a game. After you complete these 5 games you can advance to the next tier, where you pick another 5 games. Swaps are stackable (if you didn't use the swap from tier 1 you can have it on tier 2 in addition to the already existing swap). So yes, you can pick any game you want, but also be careful to not pick too difficult games that will prevent you from advancing :) .

Of course, this rule applies starting of 2021. You can redo your list as much as you want before 1st of January 2021.

Edited by Copanele

9 minutes ago, Copanele said:

If you pick an UR game that becomes VR over time it is still considered an URok for this event, you do not have to replace it. However you can't pick a VR game if it was UR a day before,for instance. 

Odd, must have removed that rule by mistake when I edited the main post.

As for the second question, we had tiers in mind in order to prevent adding too many games that will never be completed. You can first add 5 games of your choice, you have one swap available in case you get stuck on a game. After you complete these 5 games you can advance to the next tier, where you pick another 5 games. Swaps are stackable (if you didn't use the swap from tier 1 you can have it on tier 2 in addition to the already existing swap). So yes, you can pick any game you want, but also be careful to not pick too difficult games that will prevent you from advancing :) .

Of course, this rule applies starting of 2021. You can redo your list as much as you want before 1st of January 2021.

So sorry! when I said new games I mean games that haven't released yet. For example when the new Ratchet and Clank game comes out in 2021 that game might have an ultra rare platinum for a few days or even weeks but then a few months later it quickly becomes a VR or even Uncommon plat. How should we handle those games?

1 minute ago, DarthMagnus0605 said:

So sorry! when I said new games I mean games that haven't released yet. For example when the new Ratchet and Clank game comes out in 2021 that game might have an ultra rare platinum for a few days or even weeks but then a few months later it quickly becomes a VR or even Uncommon plat. How should we handle those games?

Aah , ok , now I get it. That's under rule 5 :

5.New Games - In case of a new game with an UR platinum, it is allowed if it's still an UR after 2 months from its release. Example : Crash Bandicoot 4 was released in October. At the date of this post, 2 months have passed therefore it is eligible for this event.

2 minutes ago, Copanele said:

5.New Games - In case of a new game with an UR platinum, it is allowed if it's still an UR after 2 months from its release. Example : Crash Bandicoot 4 was released in October. At the date of this post, 2 months have passed therefore it is eligible for this event.

Thanks! I clearly should have read the rules before asking but I appreciate the clarification!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Copanele said:

Would it be allowed to use a game such as this in a future tier (after the 2 months has passed) even though it was cleared before the tier was posted? The big example that I can think of is Super Meat Boy Forever. It should be launching in about a month and everything I've seen for myself or heard from others suggests that it's very likely a harder 100% than the previous game as long as it's the same achievement list as is present in-game. Not to say I'll be tackling this immediately, but there are some that surely will.

18 minutes ago, GamFreak146 said:

Would it be allowed to use a game such as this in a future tier (after the 2 months has passed) even though it was cleared before the tier was posted? The big example that I can think of is Super Meat Boy Forever. It should be launching in about a month and everything I've seen for myself or heard from others suggests that it's very likely a harder 100% than the previous game as long as it's the same achievement list as is present in-game. Not to say I'll be tackling this immediately, but there are some that surely will.

Not sure if I fully understand the question, but I will post some examples, hope it answers xD

- if the game is still UR after 2 months then yes it is eligible for any tier. Obviously games launched in November 2021do not count anymore, sorry. 

- you cannot however enter in a future tier with an already completed game. For example, If you really wish to have that game into your next tier, you can complete the game up until the final map(98% completion) , submit the game for your tier(if you completed the previous one of course) then platinum/100% the game. That is allowed. 

- a rare exception for this case is when you are dealing with a broken mess of a game that may crash randomly. If you are unsure if a particular game counts for a tier, PM me or Arcesius. 

On 28/12/2020 at 3:09 AM, Mori said:

@Arcesius, @Copanele

The "swapping" seems messy. I think better option would be to have 6 or 7 games in each tier and to progress, you would have to finish any 5. This would prevent all the "I'm swapping X for Y posts" and each list would be final when the event starts.

• Like 3