Indiana Jones game announced

Crispy_Oglop

4 minutes ago, its_ArchroniX said:

Probably going to be Xbox and PC exclusive (since Microsoft bought Bethesda) and if that's the case this will be Xbox's Uncharted without a doubt.

Honestly I'd prefer Uncharted any day over Indiana Jones. It's the same principle as Tomb Raider. As soon as the game doesn't live up to the movies (or the other way around of course) it isn't as good of a product as people want or expect it to be. As soon as the Indiana Jones in the game doesn't look like Harrison Ford people wil complain about that already. Look at the Avengers game where Iron Man and Captain America don't look like Robert Downey Jr. and Chris Evans in game (and yes that game failed in another departement but you get the point).

Still curious to see how it will turn out but if it turns out to be an exclusive (which I certainly assume) I won't bother since I won't ever buy an Xbox (not hating on it just like PS better).

Yeah I agree, it's very hard to make a movie tie in on a game that is made sometimes decades after the original was so popular long ago.

But isn't it weird though. I don't want an Indiana Jones game that plays like Uncharted or Tomb Raider despite both of those games literally ripping off the concept of Indiana Jones but with using a different protagonist.

Btw, being a british guy myself.

Even today, I can't read the words "Chris Evans" without thinking of a glasses wearing ginger haired dude who used to present a TV Big Breakfast show in the mid 90s. lol

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, its_ArchroniX said:

Still curious to see how it will turn out but if it turns out to be an exclusive (which I certainly assume) I won't bother since I won't ever buy an Xbox (not hating on it just like PS better).

Could always play it via xCloud. They give out codes for free all over the place (Rice Krispee Treats, Chis Ahoy cookies, Pop Tarts, etc) or you could just do the $1 promotion. Play Indy and whatever other games interest you for a month and then forget all about Xbox until the next big game comes around and do it all over again.

15 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

Yeah I agree, it's very hard to make a movie tie in on a game that is made sometimes decades after the original was so popular long ago.

Star Wars did it pretty well twice now. Force Unleashed and Jedi Fallen Order.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mcnichoj said:

Could always play it via xCloud. They give out codes for free all over the place (Rice Krispee Treats, Chis Ahoy cookies, Pop Tarts, etc) or you could just do the $1 promotion. Play Indy and whatever other games interest you for a month and then forget all about Xbox until the next big game comes around and do it all over again.

Yeah I'm not a fan of playing games that are not on my PS. Only thing I have is a Macbook (for work mostly) and I'm not going to try and play games on that.

Star Wars did it pretty well twice now. Force Unleashed and Jedi Fallen Order.

I don't know anything about Force Unleashed but is Jedi Fallen Order based on a movie? Or do you mean they made Star Wars games based on the universe of the whole movie series?

It certainly goes down in history that movie > video game works better than video game > movie adaption. Looking at you Monster Hunter movie, Doom, Mortal Kombat and Warcraft.

On 1/15/2021 at 0:56 AM, enaysoft said:

I wish they'd have released Fate Of Atlantis on the Vita and PS4 when they were releasing things like Day Of The Tentacle and Grim Fandango.

It sucks to know so many great click and play adventure games will never be on Vita now. Would have been nice to have had the PS3 HD versions of Monkey Island 1 and 2 on Vita too.

There's no reason really why they aren't on there. Well apart from can't be arsed with the Vita.

I caught it on Steam a decade ago, bought it and absolutely loved it. One of the absolute best point and clicks LucasArts ever made.

This along with Monkey Island 1 & 2 are crown jewels. Pretty amazing that such old games from 30 years ago can still attract players. I also have Monkey Island: Special Edition on Steam, which was an awesome point and click in of itself.

These games, along with games like Sonic the Hedgehog 3 and Sonic & Knuckles, would have me squealing in joy if they ever got a re-release. Sadly, I don't think these games will ever make it to the PS4/PS5.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 1/15/2021 at 10:45 AM, its_ArchroniX said:

Probably going to be Xbox and PC exclusive (since Microsoft bought Bethesda) and if that's the case this will be Xbox's Uncharted without a doubt.

Honestly I'd prefer Uncharted any day over Indiana Jones. It's the same principle as Tomb Raider. As soon as the game doesn't live up to the movies (or the other way around of course) it isn't as good of a product as people want or expect it to be. As soon as the Indiana Jones in the game doesn't look like Harrison Ford people wil complain about that already. Look at the Avengers game where Iron Man and Captain America don't look like Robert Downey Jr. and Chris Evans in game (and yes that game failed in another departement but you get the point).

While I would love the game to be on the ps4/5 if the fella doesn't look like Harrison... why bother? 

Though, it's disney, they crusade at "Burying the past" continues 

• 3 months later...

Insider Jez Corden: Bethesda’s New Indiana Jones Game Will Be Multiplatform

The Indiana Jones game from Bethesda, announced earlier this year, which is being developed by MachineGames, still has no details, not even a list of platforms where the project is planned to be released. Last week, gaming insider SHPESHAL_NICK announced on the Xbox Era podcast that the new Indiana Jones title will be an Xbox exclusive.

But another reputable insider, Jez Corden (editor for Windows Central), thinks otherwise. He noted in the Xbox Two podcast that he had heard about the multi-platform game:

- Maybe Nick [SHPESHAL_NICK] there is more recent information and something has changed. I do not exclude that Microsoft could buy a contract from Disney, and now, perhaps, the game will be exclusive. But I have heard before that it will be multiplatform. I can’t definitively say right now that Nick is wrong, but my information suggests that the project will be multiplatform.

https://www.aroged.com/2021/09/18/insider-jez-corden-bethesdas-new-indiana-jones-game-will-be-multiplatform/

Edited by ziggypossum
EDIT
  • Like 2

• 8 months later...

Indiana Jones Game From Bethesda May Not Be Xbox Exclusive

The Indiana Jones game in development at Bethesda may not be an Xbox exclusive, according to a new report.

Jez Corden, who is often the one to break Xbox-related news prior to official announcements, mentioned this during the The Xbox Two podcast.

According to Corden, Indiana Jones will be a multiplatform release, and he claims that he is certain of this. The Indiana Jones game from Bethesda is in development at MachineGames, and will likely target other platforms besides Xbox and Windows.

Corden didn’t share many further details on the matter, but he seemed confident about what he stated. Phil Spencer had previously discussed around the time of the Bethesda acquisition that not all of the studio’s games would be exclusive to Xbox and PC. The console maker is evaluating the exclusivity of Bethesda’s games on a case-by-case basis.

https://twistedvoxel.com/indiana-jones-bethesda-not-xbox-exclusive/

Here we go again

• 1 year later...

Well, this thread can be closed now :D

Indiana Jones Is Confirmed As An Xbox Exclusive

https://lordsofgaming.net/2023/06/indiana-jones-is-confirmed-as-an-xbox-exclusive/

Indiana Jones Game Wasn't Originally Meant to be Xbox Exclusive, Says Bethesda

https://comicbook.com/gaming/news/indiana-jones-game-xbox-exclusive-ps5-playstation/

"When everybody plays, we all win", yeah, of course, LMAO

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, ziggypossum said:

Well, this thread can be closed now :D

Indiana Jones Is Confirmed As An Xbox Exclusive

https://lordsofgaming.net/2023/06/indiana-jones-is-confirmed-as-an-xbox-exclusive/

Indiana Jones Game Wasn't Originally Meant to be Xbox Exclusive, Says Bethesda

https://comicbook.com/gaming/news/indiana-jones-game-xbox-exclusive-ps5-playstation/

"When everybody plays, we all win", yeah, of course, LMAO

They did the same with Redfall, so no shock there. At least they were honest about it this time.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, MidnightDragon said:

They did the same with Redfall, so no shock there. At least they were honest about it this time.

When forced to say it in court. Microsoft certainly weren't giving an answer for a long time due to knowing how it looks.

All very predictable. Some people thought Disney would be an issue, but all Microsoft had to do I'm sure is just make the gamepass deal real large and it was all forgotten about.