Do we need 60 FPS on PS4 and Xbox One?

xVolloxx

imagine Uncharted 3 or the last of us or GTA5 running 1080p 60FPS  :holy:

they all looks and run so awesome at 30 FPS but if it's a 60........

remember how the peoples got wowed at GT5 graphics compared to Forza 4 where GT5 run at 1080p and 60FPS where F4 running at 720p and 30 FPS the only thing that put GT5 back was the standard cars looks and their sounds.

so for a next gen 60 FPS is the way to go and i hope every game in next gen'll be 60 FPS.......... YES!!!

• Like 3

And to other trolls that reply to me, please, try to notice that "for me" over there.

Trolls? And lol I still see quite a difference between 40 and 60 fps. Can't see how 24 and 60 can't make that much of a difference for you. (I don't mean this in an argumentative way. But for me there's a significant difference). 

And yes. Definitely. 

Edited by Herwest299

Nope.

The human eye only discerns the difference up to approximately 46-48 fps, but films dont appear choppy and they are only filmed at 24fps.

Its only really important that the framerate remain steady, a steady 30 is far superior to a choppy 60.

60fps is just something people like to grumble about, but they usually don't understand what they actually want.

It's a case by case basis. Some games are just made to run at different fps. In general, though, maybe not in this first month of two, but that should be an industry standard heading into next year. If not, all the graphics power talk ends up being considerably less meaningful.

• 4 weeks later...

Nope.

The human eye only discerns the difference up to approximately 46-48 fps, but films dont appear choppy and they are only filmed at 24fps.

Its only really important that the framerate remain steady, a steady 30 is far superior to a choppy 60.

60fps is just something people like to grumble about, but they usually don't understand what they actually want.

Everyone's eyes work differently, and pick up different frames. This is why 60 FPS is the best. Everyone will be pick up different frames, so 60 FPS will look smoother. Since if you're playing at 30 FPS, your eyes might only pick up 20-25 of those frames, but at 60 FPS, you'll pick up 40+. 60 FPS is smoother, and at this point, it should be a standard. If you can't tell the difference between the two, it means either you haven't really played at 60 FPS for an extended period of time, so don't really see the difference, or your eyes simply pick up fewer frames than others. PC gamers generally are the ones who want 60 FPS the most, because they're used to seeing all the time. So when going back to 20-30 FPS, it looks choppy.

Want? Yes. Need? No.

For the money we're paying for next-gen consoles, 720p @ 30FPS should still meet our basic needs. Anything more than that just adds a cherry on top of an already awesome ice-cream sundae, but it comes with a performance hit that many games (and seemingly platforms :cough: Xbox One :splutter: ) won't be able to handle.

Let's not forget the 360 ran on 512MB of RAM, the PS3 on 256MB. The next-generation has a mountain of RAM on deck and that alone will open a tonne of enhanced visual, gameplay and creative options.