Best Platinum Trophy for my 100th plat?

Cassio_Legend

I will obtain my 100th Platinum-Trophy in the near future. Because it is a pretty big personal goal for me i want the 100th plat to be special. Do you know games with interesting platinum-names? Should be a game that´s challenging with a rare platinum trophy. Currently my favorites are the game "gonner" with a plat named "why" or the game "enter the gungeon" with a plat named "dat plat". I would like to hear from your best recommendations. 

If you want it to be special, then make it something that's special to you specifically. That's not for us to decide.

Edited by ChunkyKong64

Yeah, whatever you think will be special for you, personally.

My 200th plat, for example, will be Final Fantasy VII Remake, since the original was one of my favorite experiences on the PS1 growing up. You could say it eventually led me to trophy hunting. So pick whatever means something to you, whether its rarity, genre, favorite series, good trophy name / image, or all of the above.

• Like 1

arguing this way my 100th plat should be witcher 3. it was my very first ps4 game and is my all time favorite game. i have spent over 200 hours in it and the only reason why i didn´t get the platinum trophy was because i killed keira metz in the beginning of the game. Unfortunately she was necessary for a trophy in the endgame. i never really tried to play witcher 3 a second time but maybe i will go for it. thanks

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cassio_Legend said:

Thanks for the recommendations. i will check them out. duke nukem was pretty easy, did it in a few hours. 

Careful. Undertale was a horrible plat and very quick and easy so not really what you were asking for. It wouldn't be 'special' in my opinion, but you can see the problem here! One person's special is another person's awful! Go for the Witcher 3. Maybe try a speedrun or something if you've already spent a lot of time on it. 

EDIT:

I've looked through your profile. Why not set yourself a trophy goal? You have quite a low completion ratio. How about going back through your backlog and trying to increase your completion rate? You could pick a game that you particularly liked but for some reason didn't complete as your 100th platinum. 

I'm such a nerd that I actually made a spreadsheet in Excel of all of my uncompleted games and how many trophies I have left to complete them. That way I can 'mark them off' as I complete them (or just earn more trophies on them) and I find it satisfying to do that. 

Edited by JoesusHCrust
  • Like 2

I agree with the others, consider a game that means something to you - from what you've said Witcher 3 is a good choice! Or if you wanted something rarer, think about if there's any series that you like with a particularly hard plat that you haven't gotten yet

I'm in a similar place to you (96 plats atm) and spent some time deciding my milestone - my criteria was similar as well, I wanted something from I game I like, something at least a little impressive/rare, with a an image that I like... In the end Disgaea 4 (vita) is my choice as I've loved Disgaea since the first one on PS2 though I've never platted one, it's ultra-rare, I like the trophy tile and the name "Hardcore Gamer" seems appropriate for such a milestone! Plus I'll finally be worthy of my forum avatar

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JoesusHCrust said:

Careful. Undertale was a horrible plat and very quick and easy so not really what you were asking for. It wouldn't be 'special' in my opinion, but you can see the problem here! One person's special is another person's awful! Go for the Witcher 3. Maybe try a speedrun or something if you've already spent a lot of time on it. 

EDIT:

I've looked through your profile. Why not set yourself a trophy goal? You have quite a low completion ratio. How about going back through your backlog and trying to increase your completion rate? You could pick a game that you particularly liked but for some reason didn't complete as your 100th platinum. 

I'm such a nerd that I actually made a spreadsheet in Excel of all of my uncompleted games and how many trophies I have left to complete them. That way I can 'mark them off' as I complete them (or just earn more trophies on them) and I find it satisfying to do that. 

Good points. I always wanted to increase my completion rate but I start way to many new games at a time therefor never able to get near the 80%. I guess it's best to finish already started games until I've reached my 100th platinum. This way I can increase my overall completion rate and get closer to my milestone while playing games I definetly enjoy. Hadn't much time the last few month. That's why I picked short games and didn't really approve the big ones enough. 

• Like 1

I'm saving FFVIII since is the game/series (also a bit FFIX tbh) that removed me from being a Nintendo/Zelda fanboy (dont get me wrong it's still an awesome and well made series). I spent a lot of my childhood and a nice piece of adolescence on it and its awesome soundtrack.

Edited by DeathNyx
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I had the same dilemma this week.  Initially I was considering picking a challenging/rare platinum, but in the end decided to go with one based on name and trophy image alone.  Ended up picking "THE COMPLETIONIST" from some indie game.  I can't recommend the game, because it was repetitive, grindy and kept crashing, but it was worth it for the 100th plat for the label alone.

Edited by Eternal21

• 1 year later...
24 minutes ago, gamercris066 said:

Mine 100th is a super grindy game, Just because its so easy to finish :).

OH wow, Fortnite must have been an exhausting grind. I only played it casually and never earned a single trophy in it.

I totally forgot about this thread and never updated my progress. I chose Claire for my 100th platinum because I love indie horror games and the trophy name is pretty fitting: "completionist". 

My initial thought was to go for witcher 3,  but I is my 125th Plat now. 

9 minutes ago, Cassio_Legend said:

OH wow, Fortnite must have been an exhausting grind. I only played it casually and never earned a single trophy in it.

I totally forgot about this thread and never updated my progress. I chose Claire for my 100th platinum because I love indie horror games and the trophy name is pretty fitting: "completionist". 

My initial thought was to go for witcher 3,  but I is my 125th Plat now. 

Yes it was, It was very easy. Also already found a difficult vita game for my 110th plat. The Rarity is very high but vita rarity is incorrect sometimes.

Edited by gamercris066