Firebase Z contains 0 new trophies

19 minutes ago, arcanehornet_ said:

They’ve lost this “intergral part of the experience” since Modern Warfare 2019. A lot of new content, no new trophies apart from launch DLC. Might be a shame to some. 

Your reply comes across as a counterargument but I wholeheartedly agree.

Of course, not as many will have spoken up during MW's season because it's not as big a deal with Spec Ops. Spec Ops isn't a staple in terms of trophies and it's also undeniably one of the worst game modes anyone has ever seen and was abandoned almost immediately.

There should definitely have been a Warzone list, however.

13 minutes ago, second_god said:

Nope, this seems to be true. I can't recall reading any patchnotes referring to trophies being added to the game

They will add trophies when the easter egg is released, i think they want to build in a bit of suspence

and not have people data mining the shit out of the map before the actual egg is out there

If they cancel trophies for (free) zombies maps, some youtubers of whom i will not say their name will be out of a job :)

On the other hand, big games like destiny 2 added new expansions, which you even had to pay for

And they didn't add any trophies either, seems like they shifted more to the ingame reward system

They would've synced with the servers by now. I would LOVE for you to be right but it's just not gonna happen.

?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Aodir said:

Would be nice to have trophies but hey at least it was free 1f625.png

It completely baffles me that people view this as free content.  this is the 2nd Zombies map.  You can't count that shit they recycle across all the mutiplayer maps onslaught.  Kind of a fun mode but not really additional content.  The last Treyarch game had 3 base game zombie maps at launch and one dlc zombie map as far as they labeled it, but 4 maps in total.  this COD edition didn't even create their own Battle Royal mode they share it with modern warfare.  you are getting less content then ever for you 69.99 which we had to pay to get access to both editions.  this game is a joke and its hardly free content and now they can't even be bothered to add a few trophies.  

Treyarch and activision love hearing people call the additions to the half a game they put out this year free content, I'm sure.  When people have been duped that badly they win we loose.  Think a little.  You aren't getting free anything.  It will always be less for more.  Cod is one of the top money making franchises.   they are giving you 1/4 of the maps at launch then releasing 3 as the year progresses and telling you it was free and you're falling for it. LMAO

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, steel6burgh said:

It completely baffles me that people view this as free content.  this is the 2nd Zombies map.  You can't count that shit they recycle across all the mutiplayer maps onslaught.  Kind of a fun mode but not really additional content.  The last Treyarch game had 3 base game zombie maps at launch and one dlc zombie map as far as they labeled it, but 4 maps in total.  this COD edition didn't even create their own Battle Royal mode they share it with modern warfare.  you are getting less content then ever for you 69.99 which we had to pay to get access to both editions.  this game is a joke and its hardly free content and now they can't even be bothered to add a few trophies.  

Treyarch and activision love hearing people call the additions to the half a game they put out this year free content, I'm sure.  When people have been duped that badly they win we loose.  Think a little.  You aren't getting free anything.  It will always be less for more.  Cod is one of the top money making franchises.   they are giving you 1/4 of the maps at launch then releasing 3 as the year progresses and telling you it was free and you're falling for it. LMAO

Mic drop !!

1 hour ago, second_god said:

I was playing a solo game on the new map, and at round 22, wonderweapon, tripple packed gallo and all perks, the game crashed on me :(

Then i decided to do a quick round of Dead Ops Arcade 3 -  round 19 - game crashed on me again. seems like cod servers suffer from instablitity issues

Nope, this seems to be true. I can't recall reading any patchnotes referring to trophies being added to the game

They will add trophies when the easter egg is released, i think they want to build in a bit of suspence

and not have people data mining the shit out of the map before the actual egg is out there

If they cancel trophies for (free) zombies maps, some youtubers of whom i will not say their name will be out of a job :)

On the other hand, big games like destiny 2 added new expansions, which you even had to pay for

And they didn't add any trophies either, seems like they shifted more to the ingame reward system

Why would they be out of a job? People did objectives and grinding in video games long before trophies were a thing.

you can do both trophies and ingame reward system simultaneously.

regardless ill still be doing the ee if there are trophies or not

54 minutes ago, steel6burgh said:

Seems to be a popular topic around these forums lately, whether certain content can be viewed as free content or not, but in this case? You legit went from dropping extra 50 yearly on season passes to zero cost post launch content drops... don't know about you but that does sound free to me. 

All that yada yada about getting less content has been around for years, you're not the first nor the last to complain about it, I too wanted blackout 2.0 but hey at least this time we got a 3arc campaign, maybe they'll band together fireteam maps and throw us a proper blackout mode, maybe we get chronicles 2... maybe we get nothing worthwhile, for all I care, I paid 0 extra to access this content.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Aodir said:

Seems to be a popular topic around these forums lately, whether certain content can be viewed as free content or not, but in this case? You legit went from dropping extra 50 yearly on season passes to zero cost post launch content drops... don't know about you but that does sound free to me. 

All that yada yada about getting less content has been around for years, you're not the first nor the last to complain about it, I too wanted blackout 2.0 but hey at least this time we got a 3arc campaign, maybe they'll band together fireteam maps and throw us a proper blackout mode, maybe we get chronicles 2... maybe we get nothing worthwhile, for all I care, I paid 0 extra to access this content.

that extra 30 bucks don't know where you learned math but his one cost 69.99 not 59.99 and before it was 99.99 but that also came with the 4 base game maps as well as 4 dlc maps. At the most an extra 40 bucks.   So what i'm saying is you encourage those jokers by calling it free content.  In marketing it's always how to give less and get more. 

This is the marketing team..."look how many people bought our game."  "I bet we could give them less and they would still buy it."  "matter of fact if we market it right more people might even buy it. "  Well when people like you think the way you think they marketed it right.  

you say you paid 0 buck for extra content i'm saying they gave you 1/4 of the content to begin with.  Get it????

You should go apply for a job with activision's marketing team .  they would love you.

Edited by steel6burgh
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, steel6burgh said:

that extra 30 bucks don't know where you learned math but his one cost 69.99 not 59.99 and before it was 99.99 but that also came with the 4 base game maps as well as 4 dlc maps. At the most an extra 40 bucks.   So what i'm saying is you encourage those jokers by calling it free content.  In marketing it's always how to give less and get more. 

This is the marketing team..."look how many people bought our game."  "I bet we could give them less and they would still buy it."  "matter of fact if we market it right more people might even buy it. "  Well when people like you think the way you think they marketed it right.  

you say you paid 0 buck for extra content i'm saying they gave you 1/4 of the content to begin with.  Get it????

You should go apply for a job with activision's marketing team .  they would love you.

To be honest I forgot bundles were a thing, I gave up buying these day one ages ago and just went for cheap base game plus extra 50 on the standalone pass. My point was, whatever amount, said extra doesn't exist anymore and I can only see this as a positive thing. You're just complaining about having less content when you knew exactly what you were buying...

Glad their marketing didn't work on me I guess, otherwise I'd probably be here venting with you had I bought this on release...  but go on I'm rooting for you.

Not happy about this it's tradition and this just doesnt feel right not having the 10 trophies added like it normally does.Only people that will be happy about this will be non trophy hunters and the people that complain about season passes and having to pay to keep there 100%.It's because of those people that we now will no longer get trophies going forward which sucks really bad as zombies is a very good mode and it's nice to have trophies come along with it.Many games have been doing this going forward and it's a shitty move just because they label it free by holding content back and giving you less at launch like 1 zombie map is a joke.So we dont get trophies like it's a big hard task for them to code them in no point buying COD at launch from now on then it will be the bargain bin.

• Like 1

LET'S CELEBRATE!!!

5 hours ago, ryanofx92 said:

Trophies you are free to not attempt to earn. For others, they've lost an integral part of the experience.

"Thank god."

Here's the thing, some people are completionists are something like Zombies might turn someone off of getting the 100% for it, happened to me for Black Ops 1

2 hours ago, PsYcHoNxVa said:

This is a bummer and pathetic. It seems as though if the DLC is free, they don’t bother with extra trophies.

What about Onslaught?

1 hour ago, Aodir said:

To be honest I forgot bundles were a thing, I gave up buying these day one ages ago and just went for cheap base game plus extra 50 on the standalone pass. My point was, whatever amount, said extra doesn't exist anymore and I can only see this as a positive thing. You're just complaining about having less content when you knew exactly what you were buying...

Glad their marketing didn't work on me I guess, otherwise I'd probably be here venting with you had I bought this on release...  but go on I'm rooting for you.

How did i know exactly what i was buying? Nobody knows to this date how many dlc maps are included or anything of that nature.  Nobody knows.  I think most of us expect past tendencies to be an indicator of what we were going to get and if you feel you are getting free content great for you.  I've been playing COD for a long time and there is less content in this game to begin with so i get what your saying that it appears to be free added content because we're getting what they told us but you have to see how some of us who played them all are like wait a minute ....the free content and base content combined are still less than the normal base content at this point. As far as me being influenced by marketing I buy all the COD game or have been for awhile now based on the fact I want to have all of them from the ps4 and beyond completed on my profile.  How they market the game doesn't really matter because I'm buying it anyway for the completion of a collection so to speak.   That may change if they quit adding dlc because tbh the zombies was the only somewhat challenging aspect of 100% these games and now they will all just turn out to be common easy completions.

I'm conflicted on this. On one hand it will be nice not having to come back to the game every few months for new trophies (especially since I'll be stacking this on PS5 when I get ahold of one) because I'll have more time to focus on the many other games in my backlog. On the other hand I won't have as much motivation to play the new maps, and the break from tradition of trophy hunting on a new map--something I've been doing since the BO2 days and other people have been doing for longer--will really be a bummer.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, second_god said:

I was playing a solo game on the new map, and at round 22, wonderweapon, tripple packed gallo and all perks, the game crashed on me :(

Then i decided to do a quick round of Dead Ops Arcade 3 -  round 19 - game crashed on me again. seems like cod servers suffer from instablitity issues

I’ll be fairly surprised if they add trophies when the EE launches. Personally it’ll give me a reason to hop onto the games besides slowly chipping away at Round 64 on DOA since they’ve added the solo advance mode, but I feel like they’re shifting away from trophies and like you said more so towards ingame rewards.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Mostwantedtbest said:

Here's the thing, some people are completionists are something like Zombies might turn someone off of getting the 100% for it, happened to me for Black Ops 1

You're not a real great completionist if something even remotely difficult like zombies turns you off from going for 100% in a game.. you can't be just doing the easy crap and avoiding anything that presents a challenge.

On 04/02/2021 at 9:43 PM, Potent_Delusions said:

This series is absolute dogshit now and I sincerely mean it. The campaigns are good but the multiplayers are absolute junk, the last good one was WW2 which was coming up to 4 years ago. Warzone is also premium rate garbage. Now we don't even get Zombies trophies? I'll be buying these games as bargain bin purchases from now on.

Amen

• Like 2

Well, it just gives me incentive to plat Cold War PS4/PS5, and then delete the game. I'm conflicted. I have always loved doing zombie easter eggs, ever since Black Ops 1, but with no new trophies, I feel no need to play any further in Cold War past the plat. I get that the dlcs are free, but it feels moot to me, just like how Avenger's DLC got no trophies. 

• Like 1

https://www.trueachievements.com/forum/viewthread.aspx?tid=1260383&anchor=9636777#m9636777

As someone who works in certification QA, I can say that it's basically Sony's trophy policy which is handcuffing developers when it comes to adding trophies for 'free' DLCs. The PS4 policy basically restricts them to a maximum of 45 trophy points for free DLC / content updates (i.e, 3 bronze trophies, or 1 bronze + 1 silver), as opposed to 195 trophy points for a given paid DLC.

I believe for PS5, they may relax the requirements to allow 195 points even for free DLCs (provided there is meaningful content), though that would be a moot point seeing as for most developers it would not be worth the effort to add trophies / achievements to some versions of the game, while having a different trophy list for others.

Mind you, they may still add achievements / trophies if they can get permission from Sony, but once again, unless they take achievements / trophies as seriously as we do, it may not be worth the extra effort.

This would actually explain a lot including some other games without DLC trophies.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, HusKy said:

https://www.trueachievements.com/forum/viewthread.aspx?tid=1260383&anchor=9636777#m9636777

This would actually explain a lot including some other games without DLC trophies.

Wow, that explains a lot but then there's multiple other games with free DLC that have many trophies. Also this must be the same with steam and Xbox as they have no achievements. Really stupid that free DLC can't have many trophies, wtf Sony. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ryanofx92 said:

I'm not sure what point you're trying make.

I'm also not surprised by your list. Nice spree you went on in December there, buddy. You, and all trophy hunters, should be on our side, defending the history and integrity of the system. Instead, you're playing Road Bustles and Mayos and celebrating the REMOVAL of trophies as a feature of zombies dating back to 2009. You're scum. Fuck you.

I have 1000 ultra rares more than you and never played a Ratalaika game. But I will still join this guy in celebrating that there are no zombie trophies. 

I don't mind a challenge like Wolfenstein 2 Mein Leben for example. But those zombie trophies are always a chore and I personally hate the whole concept of zombies. I would rather see a new version of extinction from ghosts. That mode was fun. 

Sure, people will say "NoBoDy FoRcEs YoU tO pLaY iT", but if you're a completionist you know that it doesn't work like this. 

If you guys all love zombie so much then nobody will prevent you from playing it and complete all ingame challenges on the new maps. 

• Like 4