AVGN Deluxe 1 and 2 is on the store now

10 hours ago, RamSham said:

So glad I had this in my wishlist so it alerted me to my phone. Several first user trophies for me on this one. Did everything but the perfect clears. The laser stages on AVGN2 dissuaded me from that one quickly. I'm happy with my 90%!

I can't be fucked with those perfect clears either. I'd rather keep my sanity intact.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, RamSham said:

So glad I had this in my wishlist so it alerted me to my phone. Several first user trophies for me on this one. Did everything but the perfect clears. The laser stages on AVGN2 dissuaded me from that one quickly. I'm happy with my 90%!

CONGRATULATION. THIS STORY IS HAPPY END!

What constitutes a perfect clear of a stage in these games? Is it no damage? Or is it just no deaths?

• Like 1

So for those who have played it already is it just me or is the volume way too loud? Like I can hear it perfectly with my tv volume set at one 

24 minutes ago, KyonKuchiki said:

CONGRATULATION. THIS STORY IS HAPPY END!

What constitutes a perfect clear of a stage in these games? Is it no damage? Or is it just no deaths?

You can take damage but if you die once you have to restart

You can play on easy but it's still pretty challenging if you're going for a perfect 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 3/4/2021 at 2:07 PM, AJ_Radio said:

His prime is behind him, but for those who have stuck with him all these years, I still appreciate he is still out there making content. There are people who I think are far worse than AVGN.

He is a 40 year old husband and father of two. You cannot always be the 25 year old angry brat. Also keep in mind what a shitload of fuck YouTube as a platform has become. Videos get demonetized very quickly these days for literally nothing.

• Like 2

On 2/26/2021 at 3:02 AM, Varhur said:

Why are everyone shitting on the game? It's that bad?

Most of the negative responses in this thread about the game are quoting AVGN/his theme song, so I’d take them with a grain of salt. 

Except the people directly saying they dislike him or the game, that is. 

That being said, I’m not sure how much fun it’d be for someone unfamiliar with AVGN. 

Personally I’ll probably pick this up on sale at some point, I’ve always wanted to play it (actually didn’t know-or had forgotten-there was a second game until now). 

On 04/03/2021 at 8:07 PM, AJ_Radio said:

I mean I can fully understand people hating on PewDiePie, DarkSydePhil, Markaplier, JackSepticEye, Angry Joe and so forth. DarkSydePhil, DSP for short is probably one of the worst despicable human beings when it comes to Let's Plays and just being a gamer in general. He disrespects everyone, doesn't care one iota about his viewers, regularly bitches about games, he is practically a rage quitter who never should of gotten more than 1000 subscribers. PewDiePie, Markaplier and JackSepticEye cater exclusively to children and people with serious ADD. I hated PewDiePie from the get go, how someone got by with making sex jokes and penis jokes to become a #1 YouTuber is beyond me. Then again, I don't think Shane Dawson or iJustine should of gotten big either. Same with Boogie2988. Angry Joe to me is just a big whiner.

James Rolfe on the other hand I can somewhat respect, even if his reputation isn't what it used to be. There was that deal with his movie many years back where he was asking his fans for money, and when the movie finally came out it wasn't all that great. Mike Matei deserves some blame, he comes off as a guy who never truly grew up. I loved their James & Mike Mondays episodes on YouTube, and I have to hand it to them because they were some of the first guys to really cover video games on the website. Personally I don't think AVGN's new episodes are anywhere near as good as his old stuff.

Like him or hate him, he made an impact on the internet. However he is basically stuck in a time warp, covering old games from 20 years ago when virtually everyone else has moved on to the modern era.

His prime is behind him, but for those who have stuck with him all these years, I still appreciate he is still out there making content. There are people who I think are far worse than AVGN.

I couldn' agree more with everything you said. Those who admired AVGN probably knew him since he was in gametrailers before.

Edited by serpent_guy

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/9/2021 at 11:23 PM, R4M Jolly Monk said:

He is a 40 year old husband and father of two. You cannot always be the 25 year old angry brat. Also keep in mind what a shitload of fuck YouTube as a platform has become. Videos get demonetized very quickly these days for literally nothing.

I'm aware of that. I was on the gravy train when AVGN got big back in 2006. He was in many respects, one of the first successful video game reviewers on the internet. Kids from all over looked up to him. I was the college kid who watched his Ghostbusters and Silver Surfer episodes right when they came out.

The nerd will never be as popular as he once was. Hell, I was the 19 year old punk, but times change. Even my peers who are now 32 - 35 years old that I once called high school and college buddies are having a bunch of kids of their own. You can't be young forever.

As for YouTube itself, it's run by none other than Google. They're practically in the front row when it comes to censorship, keeping track of personal data, and silencing anything that doesn't fit their agenda. Their Google Fiber project didn't do too much other than cover select cities, that Google Plus they forced on us just pissed us off more than anything.

YouTube needs to be broke down. It's sat on that kings throne for far too long at this point.

Edited by AJ_Radio
  • Like 1

On 02/05/2021 at 7:05 AM, AJ_Radio said:

I'm aware of that. I was on the gravy train when AVGN got big back in 2006. He was in many respects, one of the first successful video game reviewers on the internet. Kids from all over looked up to him. I was the college kid who watched his Ghostbusters and Silver Surfer episodes right when they came out.

The nerd will never be as popular as he once was. Hell, I was the 19 year old punk, but times change. Even my peers who are now 32 - 35 years old that I once called high school and college buddies are having a bunch of kids of their own. You can't be young forever.

As for YouTube itself, it's run by none other than Google. They're practically in the front row when it comes to censorship, keeping track of personal data, and silencing anything that doesn't fit their agenda. Their Google Fiber project didn't do too much other than cover select cities, that Google Plus they forced on us just pissed us off more than anything.

YouTube needs to be broke down. It's sat on that kings throne for far too long at this point.

i still enjoy AVGN but probably due to being a fan since day 1. i am a fan of Mike leaving as i always found him annoying and a goof. 

But yeah a lot of youtubers that do gaming are much worse than AVGN, such as BeatEmUps(he's whiny af), and HappyConsoleGamer. can't stand those two.

i wont buy the avgn games unless it gets a release from LRG or something