Are you happy with your PS5?

vanessaking2

I've been very disappointed with it but I mostly play indies now so I'm not experiencing AAA titles. I don't like the controller, I have big hands but much prefer the DS4.

I don't like the dashboard, trophy noise or the portrait trophy images now instead of the old landscape, no idea why they would change it.

The SSD is nice for load times and I have been impressed with the 120fps frame rate on the few games I've been able to use it. Tiny Tina's wonderlands doesn't have the typical frame rate issues I've had on borderlands games on PS4. PS3 was the most impressive jump tech wise for me and I don't think we'll see a jump like that again so every new generation will be a bit disappointing. 

• Like 1

Beside the faster loading I'm not really impressed, many useful functions from ps4 are gone or convoluted to find in the settings. On the games side it's the most creatively bankrupt generation relying on sensitivity reading activists like sweet baby inc. and it's only going to get worse when they'll retroactively put trigger warnings on every old game.

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

In general, yeah, but if you took away PS4 backwards compatibility, then it'd be difficult for me to say I've found £500 of value. I agree with above in that a lot of useful PS4 functions were removed, and it sucks. R.I.P themes.

• Like 2

I've played a good balance of PS5 and PS4 games and in terms of graphical jump I'm not that impressed. However, the fact that it doesn't sound like a jet engine like the PS4 (pro) did is enough for me. Also the backwards compatibility and the bump in hardware which now makes the better PS4 games actually playable is nice. So all in all, yeah I'm quite happy with my purchase of the PS5. 

• Like 1

I do like the gaming, but I dont like how dependant on internet connectivity the basic UI is.

I dont mean the way it wants to be online, but really how the loading times of very basic menus are faster or slower.

• Like 1

I only got mine last November but so far the thing I like the most is how quiet it is compared to my PS4 Pro I hope it stays that way & The load times are impressive as well, There’s some changes they made that I don’t particularly like but those two points above is enough for me to be happy with it.

On 2/16/2024 at 4:04 PM, Vitography said:

its okay, i guess

wish i bought the disc version

Why’d you get the digital?

On 2/18/2024 at 11:33 PM, TheRealKlatzen said:

However, the fact that it doesn't sound like a jet engine like the PS4 (pro) did is enough for me.

Which PS5 do you have?

original or Slim? Also, disc or digital?

9 hours ago, blacklight-nero said:

how quiet it is compared to my PS4 Pro I hope it stays that way

Which PS5 do you have?

original or Slim? Also, disc or digital?

I'm happy with mine. I wish the DualSense were a bit smaller though.

PS5 could use a few more exclusives. The PS4 backward compatibility is a big plus, especially when more than a few PS4 games see performance improvement. I don't mind Sony bringing some of their games to PC... they are good about not doing it too soon.

Sony has always come up with a decent home screen interface.

You need a decent sized extra SSD (2 or 4 TB is good). That 1 TB it comes with will fill up fast. Tekken 8 would take up more than 10% of it.

• Like 1

Don't know if you have bought a PS5 by now, but it is so worth it. I used to game as a teenager but picked it back up as an adult and started out with an Xbox one. After learning about a PS5, I waited until some came in stock and got lucky and got one.

My gaming experience has improved ever since I started playing it. The graphics are great, the controller is way better than xbox's, and I just love the overall feel and play of a PS5 over Xbox.

My only negative is that PS5 doesn't have a community on the console network like Xbox does. Not a major bummer, and finding this site has definitely improved this situation.

Anyway, totally worth it.

• Like 1

First full day with it and I couldn't be happier honestly. I love how much more snappier and responsive everything feels. Right from the menus, to the games. Everything just feels incredibly smooth. Hell, just browsing the Store and PS Plus Catalogue is so much easier. My PS4 would often freeze up when browsing through games for too long. 

I already feel like I got my money's worth just playing Demon's Souls. I'm constantly amazed that a game that looks that good can run so well. Coming from PS4, it's just mind blowing.

I bought mine off a friend for a very good price. PS5, dedicated headset, two controllers and a charging dock and a few games. Not upset buying it off him at all, but I do think I would be annoyed if there wasn't PS4 backwards compatibility which has drastically increased the value of the PS5 IMO because I still have a huge backlog of PS4 games. However the dedicated PS5 games have been lackluster at best to me. Still I am enjoying my time with it 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

No, i am not happy with the Ps5 for multiple reasons.

I came to PlayStations side in 2011. PSN was free to access. Also i really liked the concept of trophies, having been infected with the collection bug by the hidden intels in MW3 on Wii. When i saw that Ps3 had trophies for this and many other accomplishments, i was sold. It had some nice exclusives, but at the time i cared mostly about Call of Duty and Grand Theft Auto. At the end of the Ps3 era i got really into the exclusives Sony made, TLOU started that for me.

During the Ps4 one after the other massive Sony exclusive dropped and the gap from Ps3 to Ps4 was still visible enough for me. All third party games i liked were available as well and i got more serious about trophy hunting.

When the Ps5 released i didn't get it right away, i didn't feel like competing with scalpers since it had no games my Ps4 couldn't run anyway. I expected that to change. It didn't. After about two years i bought a Ps5 (last summer during the big sale) complete with all the official peripherals. I was ecstatic to finally have a quiet console again since my Ps4 Pro had the jet engine fan. Instead off having no hardware issues, i was disappointed to find that the controller that came with the console had a broken R2 button. I always buy two controllers at launch so that i can switch when the other one needs to charge, but the other one turned out to have stick drift out of the box. So my first impression of the console was immediately soured (after about 4 months the controller with the R2 button also developed stick drift :( ).

I bought my Ps4 two years after launch as well, immediately i had a massive library of new games to chose from. Not this time. This time, Ps5 only offered pretty much every game i already played on Ps4. Some with nice free updates (Skyrim had 4 little free DLC's by now (also on Ps4 though) and AC:Origins had a free FPS boost). But most games i had to re buy to get essentially a slightly better game (Miles Morales ultimate edition, $90,- for a game the size of a DLC and the old game with what should have been a free update in terms of a performance boost). Some games have had remakes which i honestly can't even tell you what is new about them compared to the Ps4 version (TLOU 2 Remake).

On top of this, there are to my (granted, limited) knowledge still no true Ps5 games. Sure, Sony said you can't play Astro Bot and Rift Apart on a Ps4, but i refuse to believe this has a technical limit. On PC, Rift Apart runs fine on normal SSD's, the type you use as an external drive on Ps4. Yet the Ps5/4 version wouldn't be able to handle this? The same goes for Horizon Forbidden West: Burning Shores. How can a DLC not be compatible whilst the main game is? Apart from the obvious marketing benefits i see no reason, but then again i haven't played this game myself, so perhaps i am missing something. Please let me know if that's the case.

To make matters even worse, third party studio's have been bought by Microsoft an masse. Call of Duty, Elder Scrolls and Hellblade used to be my favourite games to play on Ps4, now i can't play new entries in the series going forward. Its the main reason i didn't get the psvr 2. I would have loved to explore Skyrim in VR and i don't own the first headset. 

PlayStation still has trophies, and more importantly its the platform my buddies play on. But besides these i haven't seen a single reason to buy this console and looking back i even regret not waiting a few years for a PlayStation 6, since that might already arrive in just 4 short years. QoL changes, such as some more frames and faster loading times (which you often have to re-buy the game for) are nice. Thats about it.

Tldr; Ps5 is the best... Ps4.

From a hardware failure rate. The dualsense is the second worse controller I've used. Just after the joycons. The sticks are awful. The Dreamcast fixed this problem back in 99. We shouldn't have stick drift but companies wanna sell more controllers

• Like 3