Are you happy with your PS5?

vanessaking2

I will be painfully honest here. I have owned my PS5 since December of 2022. 

And to this very day the only thing I am impressed by is the console's start up speed.

That's it. Everything else is MEH.

So, to answer the OP's question - NO.

Edited by TheDarkKratos
  • Like 1

PS5 console could last up to 2035, we dont need more than 4K@60hz and medium graphics config, specially if you have a big library of PS4-only games.

The problem is the amount of generic shitty games with too stupid, easy or unsatisfactory trophies that makes you just play the game, switch easy mode, close your eyes, move forward and mash attack button until the end (example: FF16) or the amount of ugly online games that from day 1 you know they are already dead (example: Foamstars).

Edited by DarkBlood-ARG

I honestly feel people just don’t like games that much sometimes. I have got more than 100 platinums in the PS4 over its entire lifespan and have 60 on PS5 mid way through the generation and I only play AAA games, which are definitely less in quantity when compared to indies and smaller games.

It’s fair to say there’s been a bigger reliance on 2nd/3rd parties this generation, but if you compare the 1st party games released on the PS4 at the same point in its lifecycle, it’s really not that different. 

Jury’s still out on the PS5, but I believe between now and 2028, people will be speaking in a very different tune about it on this thread.

Overall I am very happy with it.  Lots of great games, load times are amazing.  Wish it had folders on the home screen like the PS4 did.  Not liking the price increase for PS+ if i want cloud storage.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, TheDarkKratos said:

I will be painfully honest here. I have owned my PS5 since December of 2022. 

And to this very day the only thing I am impressed by is the console's start up speed.

That's it. Everything else is MEH.

So, to answer the OP's question - NO.

total agree on that ,i ll add the noise ,much less than ps4 and ps4 pro (i own both) for my opinion ps5 is the real ps4 pro the tech gap is not huge and they corrected some flaws of the ps4's and add some more in ps5 (ugly ui ,removed major good options ) i am glad to own one to be honest but Meh is the word for me too

• Like 2

I love it but it's in parts down to the competition being weak. The Switch has no achievement system and isn't powerful enough to handle modern games and Xbox has too many issues with physical media. That means I more or less have to buy all the big games on PlayStation and I think gaming on PS5 is in a great spot right now with more great releases than I have time to play. The quality of games is higher than ever and the market is more diverse than ever. It's just a shame fee time isn't infinite.

I actually also love all these port and re-releases. Maybe not oh-so-slightly enhanced stuff like TLoU2 and Until Dawn but full on remakes like RE2-4 and Rebirth plus that we get easy access to peviously inaccessible/expensive games like for example Castlevania Advance, Rocket Knight and Arcade Archives. 

Not a fan of the focus on subscription services and I miss Sony's smaller games but overall, gaming is better than ever and PS5 is for me the best place to play. 

Edited by iriihutoR84
  • Like 1

I'm enjoying mine for the most part. Loved how quiet the fan was compared to PS4 and the Dual Sense is really comfortable to hold. The UI is fast but I'm still waiting for themes. 

Was disappointed with the 667GB storage space and low battery life on the Dual Sense, so I had to buy a 2TB SSD and extra controller. Both of which were expensive. 

The exclusives are decent so far. Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart is my favorite and it's currently the best-looking game I've played on the console. I'd like Sony to cool down with the remakes/remasters a bit and make another Infamous or Sly Cooper game. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, RedDevil757 said:

Not remasters and remakes

Ok? I'm not sure what you're getting at? The games are still fantastic...

Hell, in the span of just the last 5 months I've played 2 of my favorite games ever- Baldurs Gate 3 and Infinite Wealth. There have been countless amazing games that have released for this gen over the years. 

The only thing I can think is that you don't consider games that have versions that release on previous gens as well as part of it (which is silly) or you have a very narrow window of thing you are into 

(Also I disagree about not thinking about true remakes as new games- two games that release this month alone, Persona 3 Remake and FF7 Rebirth come to mind)

• Like 1

I'm not a person who drools over graphics, to be honest. So, I've only been impressed with its faster load times for certain games.

12 hours ago, Copanele said:

preferring to play the more "stressful" games on the ps4

It's still better to play PS4 games on PS5 since you can use DualShock4 to play PS4 games, if I'm not mistaken. But, I haven't tried that. Maybe I should. :hmm:

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, BENJAM1N_LINUS said:

Ok? I'm not sure what you're getting at? The games are still fantastic...

Hell, in the span of just the last 5 months I've played 2 of my favorite games ever- Baldurs Gate 3 and Infinite Wealth. There have been countless amazing games that have released for this gen over the years. 

The only thing I can think is that you don't consider games that have versions that release on previous gens as well as part of it (which is silly) or you have a very narrow window of thing you are into 

(Also I disagree about not thinking about true remakes as new games- two games that release this month alone, Persona 3 Remake and FF7 Rebirth come to mind)

This is the most stale generation. If it wasn't for Indies I wouldn't be playing many modern games at all. I'm so done with remakes and remasters.

The only games I can think of that I thought were amazing this gen was ratchet & clank, Plague tale and Robocop. As for ff7 remake. I hated the combat and all the unnecessary padding they added.

As a more powerful PS4 with a handful of good exclusive/next-gen only games? Definitely. As a completely new console comparable to previous ones when they first came out, and how they were at the same point in their lifespan we're now at with the PS5 itself? Ehhhh...

Edited by Zephrese
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, zizimonster said:

It's still better to play PS4 games on PS5 since you can use DualShock4 to play PS4 games, if I'm not mistaken. But, I haven't tried that. Maybe I should. :hmm:

That's what I heard too but I haven't bothered to check. Guess I was missing my PS4 themes actually 😆

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Copanele said:

That's what I heard too but I haven't bothered to check. Guess I was missing my PS4 themes actually 😆

PS4 has some gorgeous themes.

My main gripe with the PS5 actually is it locks online storage behind a paywall. And not being able to back up PS5 save data to a USB drive sucks. I feel anxious every time I have to play a PS5 game. 😅

Edited by zizimonster
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Copanele said:

Snip 

I feel the same. Minus the stick drift as I didnt get it. It all feels the same with minor upgrades. The SSD is the best feature and it is nice having HDR that actually works properly unlike the washed out HDR on PS4. 

The most blown away I have been is on Ghost of Tsushima, Cyberpunk and Horizon Zero Dawn. Yes. Zero Dawn. These are all PS4 games that are upgraded on PS5. 

• Like 2

Well, it does what it’s supposed to do, but could be better. I wish it didn’t have this shitty design - I can take it with myself when traveling (although I hate the size and weight) but those stupid collars make everything ten times worse, the stand is a joke. It should have been a rounded off rectangle. Xbox has the better backwards compatibility support, that should be replicated as well (Bloodborne stuck at 30 FPS is ridiculous). Also, very boring generation, nothing excites me. But… like I said, it does its job, it plays the game fast and quiet, and that’s the main reason I got it.