Reversal: PS3, Vita, And PSP Stores To No Longer Close Permanently

WaddysWDS

7 minutes ago, Dilust said:

What happen to PS Plus titles for legacy consoles if I let my subrsciption expire? when I renew it, will they be back in my downloaded content list or they will be gone forever? The email and the faq are not clear on this point.

I doubt those morons at SIE know how PS Plus titles work. Generally, you lose access to them when your subscription expires, but you should regain that access once you renew. 

8 minutes ago, Vermilion_Joker said:

One can only hope there's some sale that happens, but I'm not too familiar with a digital store of this caliber going down to humor such a dream.

Doubtful. Jim Ryan thinks that anything before the PS4 era isn’t worth having. 

8 minutes ago, EqualityEarth said:

There is probably gonna be hella vita piracy when this goes down.

Homebrewing Software and Vita hacks will be on the rise. 

For once, I’m actually siding with the pirates on this one.

2 hours ago, TheAbyssWalker61 said:

Jim Ryan it's a scum for the Playstation brand, we need to make a hashtag ir something, he needs to get fired and we can have a japanese director

It doesn't hurt to try. I'm going to add it to my previous post.

#firejimryan

Edited by yuber1234

2 hours ago, TheAbyssWalker61 said:

Jim Ryan it's a scum for the Playstation brand, we need to make a hashtag ir something, he needs to get fired and we can have a japanese director

That guy is like 95 I doubt that he’ll see another gen of PlayStation, I just hope the ones after him won’t  be as bad

9 hours ago, Gommes_ said:

Drakengard 3 and Asura's Wrath are games I already own but not the DLC. I haven't played them yet, so do I buy the DLC now in advance, hoping that I like the main game?

Btw.: I think many players will hack there consoles now. I mean what's there to loose?

As someone who has 100% on Asura's Wrath and has bought all the DLC, I would certainly recommend purchasing the Chapter IV: Nirvana DLC. It ties up all the story's loose ends, and the game really doesn't feel complete without it. The rest of the DLC is nothing noteworthy, unless you really want the extra trophies.

• Like 2

I guess now is the best time to ask this:

If I have some trophies in a PS3 game (from a physical disc), then get PS Now and start playing it there, is it a shared trophy / save system?

Can I pick up my save where I left off, or do I need to start over, and will I be filling out the rest of the trophies on the same list, or do PS Now games have separate lists?

Sorry if this has been asked and answered before!

37 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

90 percent of everything on my trophy list are games that attract a niche audience. This affects both Japanese games with over sexualized girls and indies. 

That is why Steam will always be better. There is shit that barely anyone has touched in an entire decade, but is still there on the store for me to buy should I decide to add it to my Steam gaming collection.

Not trying to be cheeky so don't take offense to this but your profile doesn't exactly strike me as niche. Maybe when compared to your average gamer that doesn't trophy hunt yes but you have a lot of well known triple a and indies played. Not some sort of knock towards you whatsoever though. 

I'll disagree with you on that one. Most indie games don't seem to feature content that will get censored. I own and play just as many indies as I do triple a games and I don't remember the last indie title I played that didn't come out or was altered due to censorship. I'm talking about a very specific type of game, one that most consumers wether they're into indies or triple a games, will likely never touch.

I don't have much experience with steam so won't speak on that but I do know they have an extensive library of games. I'll likely get a pc in the future if Microsoft puts out more great exclusives. There's also certain games that are only on steam that I wouldn't mind playing but as with any other platform, I'm sure it's not all sunshine over there. 

11 hours ago, BGriff1986 said:

I recently used the PS Now 7-day trial to finish off Infamous 2 and Monkey Island. Couldn’t fault the stability of the connection during either game

If you’re not sure how your ISP will handle things, I definitely recommend giving the trial a go before throwing any money at it

Will do! I checked out the PS3 games in PS Now, hopefully they’re going to add more games to it. I’m surprised how many hidden gems they got on there like the Castlevania Lords of Shadow games. 

3 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

If I have some trophies in a PS3 game (from a physical disc), then get PS Now and start playing it there, is it a shared trophy / save system?

Can I pick up my save where I left off, or do I need to start over, and will I be filling out the rest of the trophies on the same list, or do PS Now games have separate lists?

It's been awhile since I've had ps now but if I remember correctly, your trophy list is shared and you can import your save from the cloud to continue where you left off. 

24 minutes ago, DenDigger said:

Sony: As an apology to our loyal customers we are going to give you; absolutely nothing!  -buy our new ps5 console that's out of stock please ok thanks bye-

I am trying to think of at least 3 games that I really REALLY want on PS5.

Are there even any killer apps yet? Resident Evil 8 isn't even out yet, I can't really think of anything I would want even if I had PS5, but yet I can think of at least 10 or more on PS3 and Vita since those systems have so many good games on them. I have a fair few friends who have PS5 consoles but yet when I look at their trophy lists it's still mostly filled with PS4 trophy lists.

Edited by enaysoft

Just now, BrandedBerserk said:

It's been awhile since I've had ps now but if I remember correctly, your trophy list is shared and you can import your save from the cloud to continue where you left off. 

That's good to know - Cheers matey.

Still not quite sure if PS Now is for me at the moment, but nice to know it's an option down the line!

2 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

This site has every list. If the game in question is PS3 only (like Narco Terror) and there’s no PS4 list, playing through PS Now will fill in that same PS3 list. If it has separate PS3 and PS4 lists (like Tiny Brains), chances are good you’re only getting the PS4 list. I think PS+ save cloud should be compatible with the PS Now save cloud.

On that note, can someone explain why both The Raven and The Raven Remastered are next to each other on PS Now??? Yeah you can double dip the trophies but I thought the main point was to be a lifeline for the legacy games that PS4 can’t download, only stream.

• Like 1

Just now, enaysoft said:

I am trying to think of at least 3 games that I really REALLY want on PS5.

Are there even any killer apps yet? Resident Evil 8 isn't even out yet, I can't really think of anything I would want even if I had PS5, but yet I can think of at least 10 or more on PS3 and Vita since those systems have so many good games on them.

"Say whaaaaaaat?"

Scoot_Senpai on Twitter: "Soul of the mind, key to life's ether. Soul of  the lost, withdrawn from its vessel. Let strength be granted, so the world  might be mended. So the world

? Dude, at this point, if I saw a PS5 being sold at RRP, with Demons Souls soldered into the disc drive so it couldn't ever be removed, I'd likely still buy it! ?

3 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Still not quite sure if PS Now is for me at the moment, but nice to know it's an option down the line!

Just to add - when you first launch PS Now you’ll have to launch the service’s XMB and sync your trophy list. Until you do that your PS Now “console” doesn’t know what trophies you already have

Left me very confused when I started a play thru of Infamous 2 and it was popping trophies that I knew I’d earned years ago

• Like 1

Just now, DrBloodmoney said:

The game you started has to be same region though. I got ps now about two months ago to finish off velocity 2x dlcs which I owned on my account (NA) while I got the game from a friend's account (EU). Save didn't work but thankfully the dlcs were a separate mode you could access even from a fresh save. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, U4oloG said:

If there is an outflow of players to хbox then Sony will not be able to recover

Except there won’t be, not in the short term anyway. Some people will jump ship, but the reason why people are mad about this - years of investment in their games catalogue - is the same reason why a lot of people will continue using their PS4 for the next few years

1 minute ago, U4oloG said:

If there is an outflow of players to хbox then Sony will not be able to recover

I doubt there will be a massive one - for one specific reason.

The people most disappointed by this move, and the most invested in legacy PS3 & Vita game access are precisely the people who are also most heavily invested in the trophy system on Playstation. 

They are the most annoyed because of the impact the move will have on trophy hunting specifically. It stands to reason that if they are invested enough in that eco-system to be outraged by this store closure due to how it affects trophy hunting, they are also too heavily invested to genuinely consider switching to a different achievement system and starting all over again.

That's speculative of course, I may be proven wrong, and it certainly doesn't mean I'm happy about the store closure - far from it, particularly the Vita closure, which stings me, as I go offshore onto oil-rigs for weeks at a time with work, and buying a few new vita games to pass the boredom in the evenings is as much a part of my pre-flight check as finding my passport is -

but it's what I think.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, BrandedBerserk said:

Not trying to be cheeky so don't take offense to this but your profile doesn't exactly strike me as niche. Maybe when compared to your average gamer that doesn't trophy hunt yes but you have a lot of well known triple a and indies played. Not some sort of knock towards you whatsoever though. 

I'll disagree with you on that one. Most indie games don't seem to feature content that will get censored. I own and play just as many indies as I do triple a games and I don't remember the last indie title I played that didn't come out or was altered due to censorship. I'm talking about a very specific type of game, one that most consumers wether they're into indies or triple a games, will likely never touch.

I don't have much experience with steam so won't speak on that but I do know they have an extensive library of games. I'll likely get a pc in the future if Microsoft puts out more great exclusives. There's also certain games that are only on steam that I wouldn't mind playing but as with any other platform, I'm sure it's not all sunshine over there. 

Stuff like 10 Second Ninja X and Air Race Speed I doubt most people here even know what those games are. I have Assassin's Creed Origins, Batman: Arkham Knight, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, Detroit: Become Human, all games that practically most of everyone has heard about. I will agree I have some well known indies, such as Shovel Knight and Transistor. But I have stuff that only a very niche group of gamers would play, let alone complete.

Steam is great. Everything is there nice and neat and it's easy to navigate. The Sony PS browser store is horrendous. Huge graphics that take up most of my laptop computer screen, I have to try extra hard to find DLC content, everything is disorganized. The intern monkeys they hired to design the current web store should of been fired if they haven't already.

3 minutes ago, BGriff1986 said:

Except there won’t be, not in the short term anyway. Some people will jump ship, but the reason why people are mad about this - years of investment in their games catalogue - is the same reason why a lot of people will continue using their PS4 for the next few years

Maby. I only bought my ps4 in January 2020. There were reasons. And I was already surprised that in many games on ps4 servers are disabled. And in the 2009 games on the ps3, it was still possible to get trophies. Where is the logic of Sony?

15 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

I doubt there will be a massive one - for one specific reason.

The people most disappointed by this move, and the most invested in legacy PS3 & Vita game access are precisely the people who are also most heavily invested in the trophy system on Playstation. 

They are the most annoyed because of the impact the move will have on trophy hunting specifically. It stands to reason that if they are invested enough in that eco-system to be outraged by this store closure due to how it affects trophy hunting, they are also too heavily invested to genuinely consider switching to a different achievement system and starting all over again.

That's speculative of course, I may be proven wrong, and it certainly doesn't mean I'm happy about the store closure - far from it, particularly the Vita closure, which stings me, as I go offshore onto oil-rigs for weeks at a time with work, and buying a few new vita games to pass the boredom in the evenings is as much a part of my pre-flight check as finding my passport is -

but it's what I think.

I understand you very much. I work in the north of Russia for two months and take Vita with me to work in the evening to relax and play.

• Like 1