Panic Buying Confessions

fbdbh

Admittedly I did go ahead and spend around $60 on DLC for a few PS3 games on my trophy list just so I don't have to worry about being gated from 100% on those titles.

Won't be panic buying games as I don't feel like I need any that badly, but if a store closure is announced I'll start grabbing up PS1 Classics depending on how much time they give us.

I already bought all the DLC for my games back when the news came out about the browser store going away.  At that point I realized we definitely weren't going to get any further sales on PS3 and Vita stuff so I may as well buy what remains so I can tackle those games once I get a chance.

Seems fairly common nowadays for people to easily panic and be very provoked because of how much modern social media plays into our everyday lives.

We're getting more and more pussified. Our leaders are shit, our government has failed time and time again, and we sit and watch as news apps send us instantaneous messages about how our society is failing.

A rumor, just like The Last of Us Part II leak, is enough to get people nowadays to panic, starting throwing shit around on Twitter and start accusing.

So now because IGN and other big websites have posted this rumor, some people are freaking out. Nothing good lasts forever. I'm of the generation that played PS3 and Xbox 360, so in a way this does affect me a little if any of you follow my posts. But at the same time, I just don't care anymore.

I just want to play games, have fun and escape the 'going to hell in a handbasket' society we're living in. Not get thrust back in the reality that possibly in the near future, a portion of digital games may be gone and lost forever.

Hopefully Steam and Microsoft will have some of these older digital only titles available.

Edited by AJ_Radio
  • Like 2

I confess, I did buy the DLC for both Mass Effect 2 and Mass Effect 3, though I have been meaning to buy them for a while now.

I have made a list of stuff to potentially get just in case the rumours are true, but for the moment I'm going to wait for any official statements before buying anything.

I've bought nothing yet. But of course have kept an eye on the stores and had a more closer look on things I might buy later.

I'm kind of more sad about the hardware side. Sure, you can probably get second hand Vitas fine. But it's all well buying up games on PS3 disk format, but the Blu Ray drive isn't gonna last forever. One good thing about digital I suppose. Still it seems weird worrying about YLOD and Red Ring of Death type failures. When every single console I ever owned before that, never ever broke, not a single one. Sure the lense on my PS1 and PS2 got a bit crappy and I bought a new machine anyway.

But not being able to turn on the machine, I never had that with any other consoles before PS3.

We may be able to buy up digital purchases and even Blu Ray media, but if your PS3 or the drive breaks, well, you aren't gonna be able to play them, even if you do own them forever.

My second PS3 is about 9 years old now. I kinda wish I'd bought a new PS3 just before they stopped manufacturing them.

Edited by enaysoft

4 minutes ago, MrTrofyHunter said:

I spent over $400 over the last couple of days on the PS3 & Vita! Shit, you're telling me this may only be a rumor?!

You shouldn't feel bad. Even if it isn't a rumour, definitely in the future one day, some of these games are gonna be unavailable.

This isn't like panic buying toilet paper. Toilet paper will be forever in stock, since it's always required and it's a basic requirement of life.

Buying some stuff on PS3 or Vita, that's a bit different.

Difference of opinion of course probably, but if you wanted that stuff, you should have no regrets about buying it. Unless of course you didn't actually want it.

Edited by enaysoft
  • Like 3

If I have known that Earthworm Jim exists in PSN, then I would have bought it, but I realized late and when I want to buy it in March 2018 BUM delisted and the game was in my cart.

Now the only way to get it is by someone else acc, but I will not give up! 

I feel bad about it, it is one of my favourite games. Yesterday I bought all my remaining stuff in VITA and PS3 in case the rumor is true.

Edited by Pottercito_
  • Like 1

For now, I’m going to buy these games from HK Store, because they are digital exclusive and have stack trophy sets:

• God Wars: The Complete Legend (Vita)
  • Zero no Kiseki (Vita, Chinese version)
  • Ao no Kiseki (Vita, Chinese version)

I’m still expanding the list, hope I do not miss anything in the future...

Kinda glad I panicked and bought Dead Space Ignition. For a PSN only side game in my favorite franchise, I’m surprised I didn’t pick it up sooner. Thankfully Extraction is stuck on my DS2 disc so that won’t get lost any time soon.

• Like 1

In my case, i will put more attention on my digital PS3 backlog (thank God it is no larger than 10 games) making it my 2nd top priority (being the 1st, the PS3 games i have with online trophies). Regarding DLC, i'll wait for Sony making an official statement and then considering what to buy (altough i had this idea of buying every DLC content associated with Castlevania games including Harmony of Despair).

• Like 1

I don't really have the willpower to go through the extra hoops to buy digital for euro-psn. I did however check some of my favorite stores for physicals. It's pretty shocking how so many previously common games are out of stock or being sold at full price, even just a 2-3 year old games for PS4. Ended up buying a couple discount games and I think I'm going to check a couple more stores for good measure.

2 hours ago, enaysoft said:

You shouldn't feel bad. Even if it isn't a rumour, definitely in the future one day, some of these games are gonna be unavailable.

This isn't like panic buying toilet paper. Toilet paper will be forever in stock, since it's always required and it's a basic requirement of life.

Difference of opinion of course probably, but if you wanted that stuff, you should have no regrets about buying it. Unless of course you didn't actually want it.

Just having a little fun. ? Some levity helps with this whole situation. Didn't spend any money but I can see some may have for DLC and other games that they wanted in their digital library. Good to know that you are encouraging, ?

2 hours ago, mecharobot said:

I don't really have the willpower to go through the extra hoops to buy digital for euro-psn. I did however check some of my favorite stores for physicals. It's pretty shocking how so many previously common games are out of stock or being sold at full price, even just a 2-3 year old games for PS4. Ended up buying a couple discount games and I think I'm going to check a couple more stores for good measure.

The old store link still works and lets you purchase with the card from the browser.

I picked up a cheap copy of dragon age origins ultimate edition on eBay so I had the dlc.  I figure physical prices may increase when digital isn’t an option.  There are a few pieces if dlc I want to pick up too that bug me, such as telltales walking dead dlc.  But to be honest I’m worried about losing access to downloads, or even plus titles.  And then there is the bigger worry of what if you can’t sync your trophies anymore.

Already'd dipped in a bit when the web Store got "revised", finally picking up Puzzle Dimension and the final Asura's Wrath add-ons, but just now splurged on Black Knight Sword; shame I'd missed out on its last sale before the nerfing began. This entire situation is a shame, and an indictment of profit over principle.

4 hours ago, enaysoft said:

You don't know that... Just as one day not so long ago, electric cars were laughed at, someday little robots with built-in shower heads may be the only option to clean our asses! 

So yes, I will panic-buy toilet paper when the time comes, just cause I love that soft cushiony feel of triple-layer-paper on my ass ?

A little more on topic, I'll pick up all the dlc I still need, but no new games, got enough backlog as it is. Still skeptical about the veracity of this though...

• Like 1