Panic Buying Confessions

fbdbh

Because of the recent rumors of the PS3/Vita store closing, even though unconfirmed, I just bought a very cheap PS3 and a very cheap PS Vita game that I never even wanted, just to know that the old browser store still works - Super Hang-on and Sunflowers.

Well, at least I’m having fun with the latter, but I remember panic buying all kinds of stupid crap on Steam before delisting, and never touching them.

Sooo... do you do this? What did you buy because of delistings or because of rumors of delisting? Share your stories!

Nothing. I get the sentiment, but the reality of it is, if I really wanted to play a particular game then I would've played it two generations ago when it came out. This is just one more reason why I prefer physical games, too. 

Parker

I'm not too concerned about PS3. Most of the games in my backlog are available physically.

But I've started doing this with physical Vita games. I bought a bunch of them of ebay over the last couple of days. Once Sony actually officially announced the shutdown is happening and if they confirm we'll still be able to redownload purchased games, then I'll start doing the rest of my Vita backlog on PSN

27 minutes ago, fbdbh said:

Because of the recent rumors of the PS3/Vita store closing, even though unconfirmed, I just bought a very cheap PS3 and a very cheap PS Vita game that I never even wanted, just to know that the old browser store still works - Super Hang-on and Sunflowers.

Well, at least I’m having fun with the latter, but I remember panic buying all kinds of stupid crap on Steam before delisting, and never touching them.

Sooo... do you do this? What did you buy because of delistings or because of rumors of delisting? Share your stories!

I try to get things when there on sale, but the sales for PS3 and vita are pretty much done for so I’ve been rounding out the digital PS3 stuff since they removed the PS3 from the online store... since of the rumor I finally popped on Drakenguard DLC and Asuras Wrath DLC along with the ps eye game Kung-Fu Live

1 minute ago, Carbon_Lancer said:

I try to get things when there on sale, but the sales for PS3 and vita are pretty much done for so I’ve been rounding out the digital PS3 stuff since they removed the PS3 from the online store... since of the rumor I finally popped on Drakenguard DLC and Asuras Wrath DLC along with the ps eye game Kung-Fu Live

Same on the Asura's Wrath DLC, been holding out on it for a while but seems like dropping the cash is inevitable. 

• Like 1

I wouldn't characterize it as a panic buy per se, but after playing Gatling Gears I've been wanting to get Greed Corp for a while. It'll never go on sale so I figured now was as good a time as any to pick it up just in case.

Started trophy hunting on PS4 as I had an Xbox 360 before that. Even with that I played basic games like GTA IV and COD. But even then, I’m not to interested on games for PS3. Most decent PS3 games that I see myself playing got remastered or ported to PS4. Even if the store closes, (which I don’t believe) most games can be bought physically at cheap prices on EBay.

I may be upset people in saying this, but I really don’t care for PS3 games as much, nor do I care if it shuts down. Since I started on 4 I have no sentiment for previous generation games since I wasn’t there to experience it. And now if I do go back and play them, I feel like I’m just going to judge how bad they run and preform.  Instead of enjoying them. Just my opinion though lol. No hate.

Edited by SKiL_Clash

Nope, I’m not panic buying.

I pretty much got everything I want for PS3/Vita. I might pick up a physical game here or there when I’m out but that hasn’t happened in about a year. The only thing I’m a little worried about is DLCs, however 100% in a game is not a must for me as long as I got the plat. I bought Dragon Age II DLCs a week or two ago but that was before the rumor started.

If the rumor turns out to be true I will have to get a(nother) Vita memory card because I can’t fit everything on my current one. I’ve been thinking about getting one anyway for a while now so it’s not that big of a deal.

If anything it convinced me to shelve my ps4 for a while because even if this rumor ends up being bogus, The real shutdown is still likely gonna be in 1-3 years max. I figure now is the time to power through what i have left on my ps3 and vita because these things are ticking time bombs and thankfully the only things i have left to buy are disgaea d2, drakengard 3 and duke nukem forever dlcs.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fbdbh said:

Forgot to add Battle Rockets gets Delisted at the end of the month, get it now before it’s too late, plus you’ll get the new version free and can stack the platinums

I think the only thing i'll buy are the dlc outfits for Lightning Returns, Eiyuu Senki, and a few dlc characters for Tears to Tiara II. Other than than that it's a matter of me finishing games to make room for stuff in the event the store does shut down

Oh and Disgaea dlc. 

Edited by Luneth

It's been a couple of days since the news broke out. Sony has yet to comment regarding the situation. I'm not the type of person to be worried about such things, but I have to admit, part of me is thinking of the "What if". The one great thing about the Xbox Community is that Microsoft is really engaging with their consumers, while Sony isn't. I wish Sony was more opened to its consumers.

To be honest with you guys, I ended up panicking. I ended up selling my Xbox One S and used that money to purchase a used Playstation 3 Slim and a bunch of games on eBay.

It sucks to panic-buy when you're tight with money. But unfortunately, they left me with no choice, since they refuse to comment on the situation. It's better to do it now before people start price gouging the game prices. 

Games are starting to slowly increase in price. Some used games are costing around 30-50 dollars :(  Fuck entrepreneurs!!!!

giphy.gif 

yup, maybe wait until Sony say something or confirm about that.

Will keep buying indies on PSS cause price are fair, but unless there are big discount on PS4 3A digital versions, otherwise I will buy physical.

I have bought a few vita digital versions last year and now I would buy all physical if I still want some old vita games.

No. I'm waiting for confirmation from Sony or a more reliable source before buying anything. I'm also really hoping that if they do announce a shutdown, they'll also hold a closing down sale because the prices for PS3 and Vita content aren't at all reasonable. If there isn't a sale though, I'll still be buying Far Cry 4's Valley of the Yetis DLC because I already have that game on my trophy list, but anything else I might have bought I'll just ignore.

The sad thing is that the one piece of Far Cry 4 DLC is $23, which is the same as I paid for the PS4 version of Far Cry 4 that came with the entire season pass and was shipped to me.

Now's not the time to panic buy videogames. I recommend putting everything you've got into canned goods and shotguns instead.

Jokes aside, the rumor did make me look at my wish list and heavily consider buying some stuff, especially DLC for game I already own. Haven't gone there yet, I have a feeling I might a Vita game or two when the actual bell finally tolls, but that'll be all. I have too much of a backlog on PS3 already to worry about more.

3 hours ago, SKiL_Clash said:

Started trophy hunting on PS4 as I had an Xbox 360 before that. Even with that I played basic games like GTA IV and COD. But even then, I’m not to interested on games for PS3. Most decent PS3 games that I see myself playing got remastered or ported to PS4. Even if the store closes, (which I don’t believe) most games can be bought physically at cheap prices on EBay.

I may be upset people in saying this, but I really don’t care for PS3 games as much, nor do I care if it shuts down. Since I started on 4 I have no sentiment for previous generation games since I wasn’t there to experience it. And now if I do go back and play them, I feel like I’m just going to judge how bad they run and preform.  Instead of enjoying them. Just my opinion though lol. No hate.

Thats exactly the way i am i only played a few cod games in split screen, battlefield 4 and a little bit of 3  and minecraft. Haven't really played any other games then that on the PS3. Now that i have a PS4 I dont relly have any desire to go back to the PS3 I dint start playing on the ps3 until 2015 way into its life when my brother bought one Then a fey years later i got a ps4 and i dont have any plan to go back to the ps3 I just got to it way to late into its lifespan. 

• Like 1

I like the title of the thread but I dislike that people is just focusing in the ps3/vita rumor.

So for me I would put that I've bought some stuff convincing myself that there's no way it's going to be cheaper in the future, but guess what, It has been cheaper later.

Obviously it disgusts the most when the game is still in the backlog when the new sale goes on. :D 

I have no problem if the game is part of igc later, that doesn't bother me.

Now, focusing on ps3 games, nah, if there are games that are still pending to be added to my backlog, all of those has a physical version, so no hurries.

Didn't panic during toilet paper or sanitizer crisis, definitely not going to panic over some ps3 vita rumour. Even if it were going to happen Sony would announce and give a date with plenty of time to buy if need to.