Would there be a final sale for the legacy systems?

Probably not!

The whole point of a “closing down” sale is to liquidate as many of the assets as possible. It’s preferable for a business to sell its goods for a small amount of cash, rather than to have to potentially pay to dump them when they close.

On a digital store there’s no assets to dispose of, so there’s no incentive for the business to run a sale

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, The_Mighty_Ducks said:

Since they're closing down all the legacy stores will they have one last final sale?

Right now I'm adding all my PS3 content to the Cart so all I have to do is press buy sometime in June. 

THIS REALLY SUCKS... YALL COULDNT FUCKING DECIDE ON THIS WHEN THE PANDEMIC WAS OVER.. YOU HAVE TO DO IT WHEN PEOPLE ARE TRYING TO SAVE MONEY AND ARE BARELY SCRAPING BY..

And to the people who will go "Well you didn't buy it before, so stop complaining" 

The last console I bought was a VITA lol and I still have a backlog of games on the PS3. Short answer is I'm broke and I work A LOT. So really didn't have time for games and trophy hunting as much as I wanted.

you probably only realized you want some ps3/vita games SINCE they announced it.

Pandemic has nothing to do with it 

i would love a sale but i'm prepared if i have to go full price. just digging deeper into my pocket.

not going to unload until june 15th for the ps3 batch.

after july and august i will try and get any vita games (highly important for vita games) since they'll really jack up much more than ps3 if there's any physical titles.

already went through the list i counted about 531$ i need to spend just to get platinum trophy games (minus the costs of vita, arland and dusk series games) from last week of march to august 15th

Edited by kingdrake2
  • Like 1

Just now, Infected Elite said:

you probably only realized you want some ps3/vita games SINCE they announced it.

Pandemic has nothing to do with it 

Nope, I've had a list of games I've wanted to buy. 

But I'm the type that buys 1 game and plays only 1 game till I get the trophy list to 100% 

I learned a valuable lesson from my old account. I cannot play multiple games and keep track of them. I ended up having an incomplete percentage and some games got delisted or the servers went offline and I wasn't skilled enough to get the online trophies with ease in a short amount of time.

Never in my life would I have thought that they would close down the store before the game servers went offline..

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, The_Mighty_Ducks said:

Nope, I've had a list of games I've wanted to buy. 

But I'm the type that buys 1 game and plays only 1 game till I get the trophy list to 100% 

I learned a valuable lesson from my old account. I cannot play multiple games and keep track of them. I ended up having an incomplete percentage and some games got delisted or the servers went offline and I wasn't skilled enough to get the online trophies with ease in a short amount of time.

Never in my life would I have thought that they would close down the store before the game servers went offline..

well that changes a lot if you buy 1 and stick to it. i get that and respect it.

Im on both sides, i get with time all things need to more or less cease. Wii Shop, Xbox, and now PS3/Vita/PSP. its not bad, but who knows, maybe down the road they do put more on ps now and implement a new tier for plus.

I get it from a business perspective too, quit supporting older models, focus on the recent ones. There's much more to it though, such as a lot of ps3s dying, and parts hard to come by etc.

I find online trophies in any game to be a pain however. Id be lucky if i ever hit 60% competition lmao.

7 minutes ago, Retrogamer125 said:

I do agree at least they should of gave us a full year instead of just dropping it on us now 

you have until end of August. Plenty of time

• Like 1

Sony had a final sale, it was years ago.

There is a zero percent chance of another promotion for PSP, PS3, or Vita titles before the stores close. And that’s a big part of why Sony is closing the stores. They did a terrible job of any kind of promotion or markdowns for years and people didn’t spend any money for all kinds of reasons, including waiting for sales. 

They probably knew a year ago and just didn't tell us, hence why every month or so they keep slowly removing features and on the sly, giving it tons of free games each month.

I suspect they hid it from us since it would have harmed the PS5 release. And we all know, it definitely would!

I mean, I bet some people on this very forum are probably wishing they got a PS5 with a Blue Ray drive now instead of the digital only version.

Even if it does look like a badly designed weird sideways pregnant monster with the drive just rammed in there at the edge.

• Like 1

We can only hope that Sony will be gracious enough to throw up a liquidation sale for the PS3 & Vita, but in all reality it probably wont happen. I just bought my first Vita last year and have working hard to acquire a beefy backlog of physical game for it (30ish so far) for this exact reason. I had a feeling the Vita was at the end of it's road when I bought it so I kinda figured it was just a matter of time before they shut the store down. I've mostly gotten everything I want to play, but some games are fuck'n stupid expensive at auction on ebay. I've been trying to get a copy of the US version of Danganronpa V3 for like 7 months now to complete the trilogy and I haven't seen any copies sell for anything under $100 used which is INSANE to me. There's only a few more games that I want for the Vita and I'll be set. Now I have to make a list of all the potential digital games/dlcs I want to buy before they shut the store down...FML

Like I said in the Confirmed thread: if everyone who wants a final sale do something about this, like starting contacting Sony or making a petition. Maybe there's a really small chance that Sony would listen to us. But I don't expect nothing from Sony. Everyone have already learned that Sony doesn't give a f*ck about the players at all.