How do I block somebody?

Troz

3 minutes ago, Spinosaurus Rex said:

Can you stop seeing ignored users' threads which appear in "Recent Forum Posts" bar?

It doesn't completely eradicate their existence, but rather you can turn off notifications if they reply in Status Updates or quote you in a reply in a thread. It will not hide their activity in the Recent Forum Posts on the main page.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, HYPERS said:

It says I'm not allowed to ignore them. Probably because of the position of power they are in. Oh well. Thanks @DrBloodmoney for the help!

Most forums don't allow ignoring Moderators or Admins. I don't understand, just don't read them. You don't have to physically ignore them to stop reading their comments. Listen to wise words of Tyler the Creator.

Edited by Shizo
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Shizo said:

Most forums don't allow ignoring Moderators or Admins. I don't understand, just don't read them. You don't have to physically ignore them to stop reading their comments. Listen to wise words of Tyler the Creator.

Very smart Tyler is. Thanks you

You can place users on ignore to avoid reading their posts on message boards EXCEPT for the moderation team.

I see nothing wrong with the ignore feature. It's voluntary communication. If you think someone is an arrogant prick online, use the block and ignore features that are an indelible part of these online communities. You don't know them, so you owe them nothing.

Edited by thepeaguy83

49 minutes ago, BGriff1986 said:

In real life you can stop hanging out with somebody if you think they’re an asshole. Muting or blocking somebody online is basically just the virtual version of that

No, most of the time you can't. You go to work, to school, to clubs or to further training. There you will also meet people with whom you do not get along. However, you see them every day and you also have to communicate with them. That's why you learn to socialize at a young age and to deal with all kinds of people. Don't today's children learn this kind of thing anymore? But this is a necessity in order to be able to exist in life at all. 

As an adult you know something like that, as a young person who has not yet left the safe space of his parents of course not.

And it was about differences of opinion, why some people speak of hate speech here is a mystery to me. In all of my time on this site, I have never read anything like hate speech or discrimination. So I can't understand why some people suddenly change the topic here. Reading and understanding is different from reading and thinking up something for yourself.

Edited by Sikutai

Just now, Sikutai said:

No, most of the time you can't. You go to work, to school, to clubs or to further training. There you will also meet people with whom you do not get along. However, you see them every day and you also have to communicate with them. That's why you learn to socialize at a young age and to deal with all kinds of people. Don't today's children learn this kind of thing anymore? But this is a necessity in order to be able to exist in life at all.

What?? Just because somebody exists doesn't mean I have to deal with them. And luckily, I am not in any of those circumstances to have to continue to deal with somebodies bullshit. Seems like you've been blocked enough to have a certain hatred towards it. This is a video game achievement forums, not the government of the United States. If I want to block somebody to enhance my experience, so be it. Might want to block you too while I'm at it.

2 minutes ago, HYPERS said:

What?? Just because somebody exists doesn't mean I have to deal with them. And luckily, I am not in any of those circumstances to have to continue to deal with somebodies bullshit. Seems like you've been blocked enough to have a certain hatred towards it. This is a video game achievement forums, not the government of the United States. If I want to block somebody to enhance my experience, so be it. Might want to block you too while I'm at it.

It's okay pepeman. Stop trolling

4 minutes ago, HYPERS said:

I'm not blocked by a single person here. Your way of thinking is strange and incomprehensible to me.

5 minutes ago, Sikutai said:

This is getting bizarre. Is this now more about you getting along with people? or navigating social situations with folks that have a different opinion to you? You can get along with someone who has a different opinion to you. I'm not sure what to say about the kids part, isn't this now getting way off topic?