Can this be purchased on PSN?

Zagettrix

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
On 6/4/2021 at 6:43 PM, SlipingJimmy said:

Yes going massively in price and harder to find.. I secured a physical copy recently but had to chase it..  Will only get more expensive so just pay the cash and sell later for profit.. 

Where's a good place to sell online? I'm thinking of just doing the same. Buy now, sell later.

A lot of PS3 games are rising in price now. Becoming a really sought after system because of the lack of support for its games on the newer consoles. Will only continue to rise so now is the time to get in while it's still relatively cheap to do so.

Splatterhouse goes for like $80+ now used which is way more than what most PS3 games go for which is average $10-$20 for the more common stuff. If you can find it somewhere cheaper than that like at a flea market or something, I'd definitely jump on it because the price is not going to go lower any time soon. The more people that start hoarding them because they know it's worth something, the rarer it gets and the more expensive and harder it becomes to find. It's now a token PS3 collector's item. I have a copy that I was given years ago for free, played it for a bit back then, never beat it and never touched it since. Plan on going back to my PS3 catalog soon and cleaning up some trophies and that game is definitely on my list to revisit. 

5 minutes ago, LegendExeter said:

Wasnt this originally for the Genesis?  Sick game, as in good, Jason Voorhees looking dude yet apparently is trying to rescue his girlfriend?  I never got to play it yet seen it many times in game magazines.

Yes, the PS3 version was a reboot of the franchise that ultimately wasn't really a success and didn't end up going anywhere. It's not the greatest game in the world, but it's definitely not bad either. A middle of the road, generic beat-em up with lots of blood and gore. 

11 hours ago, mega-tallica said:

A lot of PS3 games are rising in price now. Becoming a really sought after system because of the lack of support for its games on the newer consoles. Will only continue to rise so now is the time to get in while it's still relatively cheap to do so.

Splatterhouse goes for like $80+ now used which is way more than what most PS3 games go for which is average $10-$20 for the more common stuff. If you can find it somewhere cheaper than that like at a flea market or something, I'd definitely jump on it because the price is not going to go lower any time soon. The more people that start hoarding them because they know it's worth something, the rarer it gets and the more expensive and harder it becomes to find. It's now a token PS3 collector's item. I have a copy that I was given years ago for free, played it for a bit back then, never beat it and never touched it since. Plan on going back to my PS3 catalog soon and cleaning up some trophies and that game is definitely on my list to revisit. 

Splatterhouse is expensive no matter where you go to. I’m just wondering if I will be able to sell it along with a bunch of other PS3 games I have. 

Ratchet and Clank: Into the Nexus, Midway Arcade Origins and Captain America: Super Soldier are all getting expensive. I own all three complete with manual and cover.

I actually got my copy on taobao. I went on a bit of a spending spree when I kept finding titles that were pretty steep on eBay but not so bad on taobao. Grabbed Splatterhouse for around $40 if I remember correctly. Of the 29 PS3 games I've purchased recently, only one was an incorrect region

7 minutes ago, Sendai-Horatio said:

I remember buying this and folklore for around $5 each at Gamestop. The nixed store shutdown really drove people to collect PS3 stuff.

No kidding, not too long ago I wanted to revisit the SAW games. I bought the first game for 20$ SUPER used, then went looking for the 2nd which was 70$ (USD) on ebay. Insanity that PS3/360 games are entering some weird, minor, "retro" era.

2 hours ago, Skurkitty said:

No kidding, not too long ago I wanted to revisit the SAW games. I bought the first game for 20$ SUPER used, then went looking for the 2nd which was 70$ (USD) on ebay. Insanity that PS3/360 games are entering some weird, minor, "retro" era.

Makes me fucking old. Damn kids and their Fortnite games, custom PCs and 4K/8K 60 FPS.

tM6Ryjk.jpg

• Like 1

11 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

Splatterhouse is expensive no matter where you go to. I’m just wondering if I will be able to sell it along with a bunch of other PS3 games I have. 

Ratchet and Clank: Into the Nexus, Midway Arcade Origins and Captain America: Super Soldier are all getting expensive. I own all three complete with manual and cover.

You'd be surprised at the deals you can find at flea markets sometimes. All it takes is getting a little lucky and finding some seller who doesn't know what he has and you can pick up a bunch of rare games for $5-$10 a piece. And garage/estate sales too. Those are like the only two places where good deals are still possible. And it's fun to hunt for stuff out in the wild, never know what you're going to find on any given day. 

Or you can take advantage of the convenience of online shopping but you'll always end up paying top dollar online. That's the downside. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, LegendExeter said:

Wasnt this originally for the Genesis?  Sick game, as in good, Jason Voorhees looking dude yet apparently is trying to rescue his girlfriend?  I never got to play it yet seen it many times in game magazines.

The first game never came out on the genesis/mega drive. Only home ports from arcade it got was for pc, turbografx-16/pc engine, and the FM Towns Marty

11 hours ago, Skurkitty said:

I've noticed that there is a much higher demand for games from that era. I can tell you nowhere here has more than a handful of PS3/XB1 (Even Wii-U) games. You can find them on facebook marketplace, but most people want $10-15 minimum, even for sports games. You can probably still find deals (I saw someone selling NCAA 14 for $10 yesterday) but you would have to sift through a lot of crap. I'm glad I finished 99% of what I wanted PS3 wise before the pandemic started. 

I think people have come to realize what an outstanding generation it was. No giant patches, rarely needing an online connection (And...well, free online). Also, less recycled games/ideas. 

The only thing I regret is not buying a couple extra PS3's (They were $60-80 here before the pandemic) and now they are much more expensive. I'm still on my 11 year old PS3 but as hardware breaks down, they will skyrocket in price (Since so many great games can ONLY be played on PS3)

• Like 1

On 3/4/2022 at 6:20 AM, Floorkiller74 said:

I think people have come to realize what an outstanding generation it was. No giant patches, rarely needing an online connection (And...well, free online). Also, less recycled games/ideas. 

The only thing I regret is not buying a couple extra PS3's (They were $60-80 here before the pandemic) and now they are much more expensive. I'm still on my 11 year old PS3 but as hardware breaks down, they will skyrocket in price (Since so many great games can ONLY be played on PS3)

As a Millennial this hits home hard. Not just the PS3 but also the PS2. 

I’m frankly tired of massive patches (10 - 30+ GBs of patches), unfinished games (Cyberpunk 2077), broken games (Cyberpunk 2077), Season Passes (Ubisoft), dull boring content (Ubisoft), etc etc. I just think a lot of modern gaming is boring. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

As a Millennial this hits home hard. Not just the PS3 but also the PS2. 

I’m frankly tired of massive patches (10 - 30+ GBs of patches), unfinished games (Cyberpunk 2077), broken games (Cyberpunk 2077), Season Passes (Ubisoft), dull boring content (Ubisoft), etc etc. I just think a lot of modern gaming is boring. 

I threw a disc in my XB1 the other day, game had a freaking 80GB patch. I just deleted the game. I'm tired of games that constantly have complete game overwrites (Snowrunner seems to regularly get 20+ GB patches). Games CAN be released broken because people will buy them and "They can just be patched later". Season passes were bad enough...now we have 2,3, even 4 season passes. Now we have Battle Passes too. Junk. 

If I could go back, I would have been fine skipping the PS4. Not interested in the PS5. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Floorkiller74 said:

I threw a disc in my XB1 the other day, game had a freaking 80GB patch. I just deleted the game. I'm tired of games that constantly have complete game overwrites (Snowrunner seems to regularly get 20+ GB patches). Games CAN be released broken because people will buy them and "They can just be patched later". Season passes were bad enough...now we have 2,3, even 4 season passes. Now we have Battle Passes too. Junk. 

If I could go back, I would have been fine skipping the PS4. Not interested in the PS5. 

No Man’s Sky is completely different now as opposed to 2016 when it released. I appreciate the support of Sean Murray and his team, but it’s insane the amount of patches we get now. 

Street Fighter V I played the other week. Was a PS Plus offer, but not on my backlog thread as I have no plans to platinum it. Took a solid 10 - 15 minutes just to play a match with the CPU. Updates out the ass. 

Assassin’s Creed Valhalla? 100+ hours required for platinum. A ton of DLC. The new Ragnorok expansion isn’t included with the Season Pass. I don’t even think the $120 Ultimate Edition covers this expansion. Microtransactions out the ass. If you want everything, have fun spending hundreds of dollars. 

It’s gone too far. So I have no problem paying over for X-Men Origins: Wolverine, and Splatterhouse if I decide to get it. They were fully complete on release day!

• Like 4

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 04/03/2022 at 1:38 AM, AJ_Radio said:

Have you sold those games yet? Any game i buy or sell would be on eBay as that's the best way i think, but when you decide to sell them wait for a weekend where eBay do 70-80% off variable fees then list the games for more profit.