Looking for Boss Rush Game Recommendations

YairGOW

So a few weeks ago I completed Jotun. I enjoyed it so much that in order to prolong my time with the game, I decided to beat the bosses in Valhalla mode without taking damage and without using god powers simultaneously while going for the Valhalla trophies. I'm even thinking of playing the NA stack, even though I'm not into stacking lists, since it would give me more reason to come back to the game.

I then thought about it and I did some extra challenges in Cuphead and Furi, as well, whereas usually I would just do whatever's needed to get all the trophies in a game. I guess jumping into a game and pretty much just beating bosses appeals to me, since this is what those games have in common.

This is why I would really appreciate some recommendations for boss rush games or games that have boss rush modes.

I already have Titan Souls and Hollow Knight (which has a boss rush mode from what I gather) in my backlog, btw.

Edited by YairGOW
  • Like 2

Depending on how much "rush" you want in your boss rush, Titan Souls Iron Mode might have you covered. You'll have to beat the game in one life, but you do have to travel from boss to boss (though there are no environmental hazards...it's just movement between bosses).

EDIT: Ha! You already mentioned that one. Well, try Enter the Gungeon, then. You have to unlock the mode, but it's just pure boss-fighting bliss. You can even put extra challenges on there if you want.

Edited by starcrunch061
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...

Furi is a great boss rush game, Hyper Light Drifter has a boss rush DLC, the game looks amazing but I'm not a fan of a boss rushers, I'm interested on playing it, but I wish they didn't add DLC trophies, the base game seems difficult enough and the boss rush seems even harder.

Jotun is in my radar too, I love it like Furi and HLD, seems also difficult, Furi and Titan Souls are two boss rush that I platted, but I use a lot of save scum in some of the difficulties.

Edited by Steven-Spiegel
  • Like 1

I'd suggest you to try MegaMan compilations. Aside from the initial default challenge of beating each game you can set a personal challenge for yourself by beating bosses with specific weapons, no damage, etc. There is a boss gauntlet at the end of each game and recent re-releases also have an extra challenge modes that will satisfy your urges for sure.

Oh, BTW, cheers from a fellow Jotun fan!

• Like 2