Trophy Thoughts?

32 minutes ago, Static_Rook said:

Seems like 3 story playthroughs minimum?

1. Hardcore run getting all collectibles + misc trophies

2. Shadows run, missed misc trophies cleanup

3. Easy run under 3 hours + frugal and melee only.

Then Mercenaries mode.

Edit - or do the Easy run second if the unlocks are good, then tackle Shadows.

Or buy village of shadows and do all above in a single playthrough?

15 minutes ago, DividedByMankind said:

Or buy village of shadows and do all above in a single playthrough1f60e.png

Yea absolute minimum is 1, or 2 depending on ur copy

Of course the easiest route may be 3, but if we are talking abt minimum, then yea 1 or 2.

Dont forget knife only as well XD. I challenge you to knife only, no healing, 100%, all misc trophies on VoS new game xD

Im betting hardcore unlock VoS unless we're lucky, could go easy first, then speedrun hardcore for unlockables, them hit VoS with unlockables

Those with the trauma pack can maybe do easy then speedrun VoS, or speedrun normal then do VoS

Im not saying speedrun easy because no doubt that doesn't unlock anything

Edited by Optinooby

2 hours ago, DividedByMankind said:

Or buy village of shadows and do all above in a single playthrough1f60e.png

Seems like there are enough trophies that negate other trophies to make a 1 run plat impossible, or at least more annoying than just doing 2+ runs. Shooting 5 crows, using the sniper rifle, etc would negate the knife only trophy. Customizing all the guns and crafting all the items would seem to negate the frugal trophy. And getting all the collectibles under three hours in a first run usually isn't possible in RE games without a step-by-step guide. 

But, if it is possible I'll be looking forward to trying it on a replay sometime.

3 hours ago, SnowNinjaRaccoon said:

I think the plat in village is harder than RE7, but the RE7 dlcs are harder than village.

Thanks for getting the guide up, to you and the team on PPyx, very appreciated!! 

Just quick 2 questions if u dont mind as its not mentioned on the guudes there:

1. What exactly is the LZ-Answerer, that melee weapon you say is unlocked from S'ing Mercenaries, how is it in combat?? I ask because i'm very curious what benefit it could be if u did mercenaries straight after 1st play and unlocked it for ur knife only and VoS runs... 

2. You have various topics on RE8 over there, but do you know if you guys are adding a list of all the in game records/challenges?? I ask this as you can still unlock, but cant view until after 1st play, and having a look at the list before 1st play could be beneficial for me as I can try to optimise what to do then to complete the most on 1st play.... (personal preference sorta thing) 

Thanks m8 and for ur work ;)

6 minutes ago, Static_Rook said:

Seems like there are enough trophies that negate other trophies to make a 1 run plat impossible, or at least more annoying than just doing 2+ runs. Shooting 5 crows, using the sniper rifle, etc would negate the knife only trophy. Customizing all the guns and crafting all the items would seem to negate the frugal trophy. And getting all the collectibles under three hours in a first run usually isn't possible in RE games without a step-by-step guide. 

But, if it is possible I'll be looking forward to trying it on a replay sometime.

You can get around some of these points by completing the task, and then reloading a earlier save. The record will be completed, but you will have reverted back to a save to when you were still knife only for example

Thing is a 1 run platinum means knife only VoS while doing everything else and that would just be insane

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Optinooby said:

Thanks for getting the guide up, to you and the team on PPyx, very appreciated!! 

1. What exactly is the LZ-Answerer, that melee weapon you say is unlocked from S'ing Mercenaries, how is it in combat?? I ask because i'm very curious what benefit it could be if u did mercenaries straight after 1st play and unlocked it for ur knife only and VoS runs... 

2. You have various topics on RE8 over there, but do you know if you guys are adding a list of all the in game records/challenges?? I ask this as you can still unlock, but cant view until after 1st play, and having a look at the list before 1st play could be beneficial for me as I can try to optimise what to do then to complete the most on 1st play.... (personal preference sorta thing) 

LZ is an extra melee weapon you get for SS rank everything in Mercs. It's not really worth going for unless you really like playing Mercs, because the knife you get after first playthrough is more than enough for doing knife only on easiest difficulty. 

Most of the challenges that aren't trophy related are grind stuff (kills with X weapon type, get X amount of money) or things you can't actually do on first playthrough (two challenges for holding X money that you can't do until the same time you can get the 7s trophy). The most you can really optimize them is just doing all trophies you can on first playthrough. 

1 hour ago, Gage said:

LZ is an extra melee weapon you get for SS rank everything in Mercs. It's not really worth going for unless you really like playing Mercs, because the knife you get after first playthrough is more than enough for doing knife only on easiest difficulty. 

Most of the challenges that aren't trophy related are grind stuff (kills with X weapon type, get X amount of money) or things you can't actually do on first playthrough (two challenges for holding X money that you can't do until the same time you can get the 7s trophy). The most you can really optimize them is just doing all trophies you can on first playthrough. 

We have to do Mercs anyway though dont way, or do we not need to do SS ranks?? 

Im just curious what thr weapon is, how is it in combat etc?? Its sorta subjective what is neccessary and whats isnt when we have so much at our disposal, just curious as since it seems to be the hardest unlockable, shouldnt it be MEGA OP?? 

Ah yea, I just wanted to have a look at them all, see for myself ya know. Guess ive gotta 10+ playthroughs ahead of me anywah so i'll just see when i unlock them

Thanks for the reply ;)

11 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

We have to do Mercs anyway though dont way, or do we not need to do SS ranks?? 

Im just curious what thr weapon is, how is it in combat etc?? Its sorta subjective what is neccessary and whats isnt when we have so much at our disposal, just curious as since it seems to be the hardest unlockable, shouldnt it be MEGA OP?? 

SSS is max (and the game doesn't tell you the score requirement for that just because?) only need S for the trophy. 

You might think that, but the gun you can unlock after completing Village of Shadows is really shitty and not worth using aside from novelty lol. Can take multiple hits to kill enemies on casual and can't even be upgraded. 

6 minutes ago, Gage said:

SSS is max (and the game doesn't tell you the score requirement for that just because?) only need S for the trophy. 

You might think that, but the gun you can unlock after completing Village of Shadows is really shitty and not worth using aside from novelty lol. Can take multiple hits to kill enemies on casual and can't even be upgraded. 

Sounds like Capcom xD

Dont spose you have got SSS on all, wonder what that unlocks

5 hours ago, Optinooby said:

Thanks m8 and for ur work ;)

You can get around some of these points by completing the task, and then reloading a earlier save. The record will be completed, but you will have reverted back to a save to when you were still knife only for example

Thing is a 1 run platinum means knife only VoS while doing everything else and that would just be insane

Surely if anyone can do a knife only VoS + everything else run all in one go, it's you ?

2 hours ago, The_Kopite said:

Surely if anyone can do a knife only VoS + everything else run all in one go, it's you 1f44d.png

Depends if its possible, knife only while doing speedrun and 100% is one thing, but also you would need to acquire money/pointd to purchase what is needed. 

Is it possible to grind specific enemies for loot, get points from mercenaries. Beiglng optimal in completing records is another to get enough points

Is it all possible in 1 playthrough...... I will definitely do my best to try and break it all down and see, but first I need to cover everything else xD

• Like 1

@Gage @SnowNinjaRaccoon

Hey guys, ur description for the trophy for killing Urias on first encounter is a bit misleading (sorry the trophy name escapes me). 

You say u cant do it on NG because u dont have enough ammo. This implies you could knife only him!!! 

So I actually spent a good hour trying to do this to ur info, only to later find this after much experimenting;

That ambush section is on a timer

To initiate the ambush timer to begin, either enter a house or damage a lycan, there will be a huge roar indicating the timer has begun

At approximately 02:30 into the ambush, Urias appears, killing enemies before doesnt seem to change this. 

At 04:00 approx into the ambush, the game will try to end the ambush by either a lycan attack causing the ambush end cutscene or via a arrow if outside. 

So basically you have about 01:30 to kill Urias, he is on a timer.

And its not that you dont have enough ammo as technically the knife has infinite ammo, its actually that you CANNOT deal enough damage in NG within that 90 seconds. 

Maybe there is a bit more to it yet to try and cheat it, but thats how it seems to work. 

And for the counter attack trophy, the description is kinda misleading for that also. So the description indicates it works as standard with everything, so when it wasnt working for me during the village, I figured it unlocks later in the castle. 

Anyhow, after switching to a firearm, I thought would try it again and it worked!! 

So counter DOESNT work with the knife, I actually went for abt 2 hours while experimenting in the village section without counter attacking because ur guide implies it works on everything and so I never even thought it was the knife, just assumed counter attack unlocked later!! I may be other weapons it doesnt work with, players reading ur guide may think it has glitched or something. 

Just a bit of info guys if u wanna make those descriptions a bit more accurate so weirdos like me don't get misled as we do our own thing! Ive not even passed the villages section yet, still messing about with nonsense xD

Thanks ;)

Edited by Optinooby

7 hours ago, Optinooby said:

@Gage @SnowNinjaRaccoon

Thanks ;)

Honestly, don't even bother killing Urias during the Ambush on NG. It is simply not worth it.

You have to finish the game multiple times anyway, so it's just better annihilating him with a magnum on later runs.

The perfect route are 3 playthroughs: a 100% run, a speedrun with knife only and no healing and shop, hardest difficulty.