Fun co-op games to play

crowizard

Children of Morta was a recent surprise for me in its coach co-op, really fun solo and co-op and can alternate/drop-in or out between the two nicely. 

It’s mildly annoying to me having to do a completely separate save for co-op sometimes.

• Like 1

Recently played Guns, Gore, & Cannoli 2 in couch co-op.  It's a fun little side scrolling shooter with an easy plat.

Overcooked All You Can Eat is wonderful with a very easy learning curve, but a lot of things to master.  The DLC's are all very fun on their own.

A Totally Reliable Delivery Service is worth looking into.  It's absolutely hilarious and driving all of the vehicles is very fun.  If you don't have a local friend or buy the DLC it's a hella hard plat, though.

If you like shooters, Plants vs Zombies: Battle for Neighborville is absolutely amazing and you can couch co-op the whole game including matchmaking.  The gameplay is basically plant based Overwatch and it's so much fun after you get good at it.  There's a lot of XP glitches you can do to ease the grind, but the plat is like 150 hours minimum without them.  That being said we're up to about 350 hours in it now.  Can't wait for a next gen version.

• Like 1

Dead Nation is a belter in co-op, as is Rayman Origins & Rayman Legends.

aside from those, I agree with all of what 

23 minutes ago, SnowNinjaRaccoon said:

Resident Evil 5

The Escapists 2

Moving Out

Cuphead

Trine 1-4

Guacamelee 1+2

Unravel 2

with the exception of Cuphead.

Cuphead is a great game in single player, but I’d argue that because it so massively increases the difficulty in 2-player to compensate for the additional player, that it becomes virtually impossible for anyone but 2 veterans of the Single Player game to progress as a team.

• Like 1

Unravel 2 is one of my personal favourites. It’s a beautiful game and a really challenging platinum. 

Movin’ Out is from the studio as Overcooked, and equally as fun. Love the big bright visuals and 80’s inspired soundtrack. 

Degrees of Separation is another cool little puzzle platformer. It only takes 6-8 hours to finish, but there’s no platinum trophy. 

And last but not least, It Takes Two is probably the best co-op game ever made. I finished it last week, but already started a new game, to play as the other character. 
Enjoy!

• Like 1

I guess it depends on how big of a game do you want.  Here are some games Mrs Bee and I have enjoyed playing together, they vary wildly in length and difficulty.

- Diablo 3

- All the borderlands games

- Cat Quest 1 + 2

- Guacamelee 1 + 2 (previously mentioned)

- Civilization 6 (not really co-op, but you can play on a team)

- Binding of Isaac (co-op will get even better once repentance is released on console)

- Stardew Valley (new co-op update has been fantastic, but not perfect)

- Torchlight 2+3 (like Diablo, but just a little bit worse in every way)

- For the King

- Red Rope (Mrs Bee found this a little difficult, but I really enjoyed the concept, so it may work better for you)

- Risk of Rain 2

- Genshin Impact (although I will admit, the co-op was weak when we were playing.  Maybe it got better?)

- Fall Guys

- Overcooked 1 + 2 (these were already mentioned, but they cannot be mentioned enough.  They are fantastic party games, and get even better if you have 3 or 4 people to play with)

- Monster Hunter World

- Magika 2 (mrs Bee was not a fan, but I played this with another friend and it was great hectic fun)

I think that is a good starting place.  Hope you two find something you will enjoy :)

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Some are already mentionned, I've focused my choices on couch coop games, I assumed that's what you asked for ?

There's a lot of different genres so I guess you'll find some to your taste .

If you loved a Way Out you'll love It Takes Two even more I guess ! best coop experience I've had in a long long time.

Bear in mind that all Housemarque games are generally poorly designed in local coop, it's super fun to play, very intense arcade gameplays but you'll see the limits of it soon enough, for those I recommend online play, it's much better than local.

- Guacamelee 1 & 2

- Moving Out

- Overcooked 1 / 2 / AYCE

- Towerfall

- Alienation (Housemarque)
- Untitled Goose Game

- The Binding of Isaac (coop will get better by the end of the year with latest expansion)

- Nuclear Throne (definitely a hard one)

- Cuphead

- Castle Crashers

- Streets of Rage 4

- Rocket League

- Foul Play (online play is super buggy, local is fine)

- Gauntlet

- Helldivers

- Metal Slug games (but not Anthology, it's hyper crap in coop)

- Assault Android Cactus

- Resogun (Housemarque)

- X-Morph Defense

- Pang Adventures

- Ikaruga

- Nex Machina (Housemarque)

- Wizard of Legend

- Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime

- Dead Nation (Housemarque)

- Full Mojo Rampage

- Broforce

- Jamestown +

- Shank

- Shank 2

- Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light

- Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris

- Dragon's Crown

We Were Here

We Were Here Too

We Were Here Together

Operation Tango (PS+ this month for PS5)

All four are communication based, 2 players, online coop games. I played the We Were Here series with a friend multiple times on different platforms. We love those games. If you're a fan of A Way Out and It Takes Two, you'll probably like those games, too.

Unravel 2 was mentioned before and is a fun and challenging 2 players coop game, but we could never finish it because there's only couch coop and COVID-19 got in our way.

Warhammer 40.000 Inquisitor: Martyr

Torchlight 2

Dead Nation

Diablo 3

Earth Defense Force 5

Earth Defense Force: World Brothers

Rayman Legends

Overcooked

The Escapists 2

Divinity: Original Sin

Skylanders: Swap Force

Rocket League