June's PS+ Games

Abby_TheLastofUs

Star Wars Squadrons is one on my list I’d definitely give a try.  I own and still need to play Jedi: Fallen Order first.

Most months, the PS Plus freebies get thrown to the bottom of my large backlog never to be played so by this metric, it is a good month comparatively!

Maybe I have strange tastes, but I'm not sure why people are criticising this month so much, Tango and VF5 are new releases, and star wars is a known good game that's less than 8 months old.

I'd say it's the best month we've had since March. 

That and I have been actively looking forward to Operation Tango for ages.

Edited by breakingthegreen
  • Like 3

30 minutes ago, breakingthegreen said:

Maybe I have strange tastes, but I'm not sure why people are criticising this month so much, Tango and VF5 are new releases, and star wars is a known good game that's less than 8 months old.

I'd say it's the best month we've had since March. 

That and I have been actively looking forward to Operation Tango for ages.

VF5 isn't new. Its basically an update. Star Wars Squadrons isn't a known good game, its a known mediocre game that's dying which is why its on Plus just 8 months after release. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, GUDGER666 said:

VF5 isn't new. Its basically an update. Star Wars Squadrons isn't a known good game, its a known mediocre game that's dying which is why its on Plus just 8 months after release. 

VF5 is a remake, therefore in my eyes should be treated as a new release, otherwise we should be considering other advanced remakes as only updates, I'm certainly not considering CTR Nitro Fueled an update.

And regarding Star wars, even if the servers are dying, there's a single player to sink your teeth into, which is what I'd be doing. Also it's got 79/100 on metacritic, so I feel it's fair to call it "good."

• Like 3

For me personally one of worst months in the last year. I don't care for fighting games, star wars and I know nothing about Operation Tango to have opinion. Ugh, I guess to get some nice games like Control, FF VII, etc. we have to also have crap months to compensate for it. 

Think people may be prejudging Operation Tango a little harshly. From what I've seen from PC players, it gives off a We Were Here meets Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes vibe. Not what I expected, but definitely down to give it a go.

Not a month for me personally, but these are some cool games. I've heard mixed things about Squadrons, but its a fairly recent game, so that's neat. Will probably never play it after how ass I found Battlefront's ship combat. Operation Tango and Virtua Fighter you get for *free* the day they launch, that's awesome, and I hope we see more of this in the future. Don't really see what people are crying about, I'm happy for whoever will enjoy these games, and look forward to next month.