The PS5 version is here

6 minutes ago, diskdocx said:

This seems somewhat unlikely - I don’t believe that save files from different regions would be compatible with each other, so from a coding perspective I would think it would be very difficulty to make 3 incompatible saves all compatible with one PS5 release. I may be wrong on this, will have to wait and see, but I suspect there will be 3 regional stacks.

This^

Saves are always region locked. There will eventually be separate EU, NA and JP stacks for this, like there were for the PS4 release.

32 minutes ago, diskdocx said:

This seems somewhat unlikely - I don’t believe that save files from different regions would be compatible with each other, so from a coding perspective I would think it would be very difficulty to make 3 incompatible saves all compatible with one PS5 release. I may be wrong on this, will have to wait and see, but I suspect there will be 3 regional stacks.

I don't think you can use your savefile from the ps4 version in the ps5 version by default. You probably use a cloud save function ingame and i think all 3 ps4 version access the same ps5 vault, so that argument is kinda pointless.

I mean i understand the wish for multiple stacks in your favorite game etc but this game already has 6 stacks which is more than enough and i think this would just be a nightmare for completionists of the saints row series to do 8 stacks in total lol.

Edited by westersburg

I was planning to platinum this game again even if I had to buy it. I did the PS3 and PS4 versions already, and for whatever reason I just really enjoy it. I don't really even like GTA or the other Saint's Row games, but for whatever reason Saint's Row the Third is just such a fun game to play for me.

3 minutes ago, westersburg said:

I don't think you can use your savefile from the ps4 version in the ps5 version by default. You probably use a cloud save function ingame and i think all 3 ps4 version access the same ps5 vault, so that argument is kinda pointless.

I mean i understand the wish for multiple stacks in your favorite game etc but this game already has 6 stacks which is more than enough and i think this would just be a nightmare for completionists of the saints row series to do 8 stacks in total lol.

I'm not at all clamouring for 3 more stacks. I did the original back on the PS3, never bothered with the remasters. I think I might have bought the PS4 disc, but I'm not sure. I may do one PS5 stack since there's not a lot of games I'm currently interested in playing natively on the PS5. Regardless, my point was more from a technical standpoint.

On the SR website;

PS4 to PS5 transfer:

1. Save any progress on the PS4 version of the game
  2. Install the PS4 version of Saints Row®: The Third™ Remastered title on the PS5
  3. Then install the PS5 version on your PS5
  4. Press play on PS5 version of Saints Row®: The Third™ Remastered
  5. The synchronisation process will begin
  6. Once the Synchronisation is complete, you can continue the playthrough where it was last saved, by loading your preferred save file

If the EU and NA save files are different, and they must be since you can have both installed on one PS4, I'm not sure how the transfer would work if the PS5 is going to have only one release.

What happens if you have both the EU and NA PS4 versions installed? Which data is the PS5 version going to pull? The listed steps above don't say you need to upload progress to a cloud. Just install the PS4 version then the PS5 version and the game will autosync.

I'm really not trying to be difficult and not interested in arguing this, it may be that there is only going to be one version, I was just saying from a technical standpoint, I'm not sure how 3 games with 3 different saves will somehow be able to synchronize to a single save file for the PS5. That seems like a coding nightmare and likely to cause problems especially if you have different completion percentages for the different region PS4 games.

Won't affect me regardless since I don't have a PS4 save

26 minutes ago, EddieMenuek said:

They released a patch for the PS4 version today to allow for cross-save progression.

They added cross-play, not cross-save. I've looked in every single menu in the PS4 version and there's no option anywhere to upload your save. EDIT: See below. Talk about over complicating things.

2 minutes ago, diskdocx said:

I'm not at all clamouring for 3 more stacks. I did the original back on the PS3, never bothered with the remasters. I think I might have bought the PS4 disc, but I'm not sure. I may do one PS5 stack since there's not a lot of games I'm currently interested in playing natively on the PS5. Regardless, my point was more from a technical standpoint.

On the SR website;

PS4 to PS5 transfer:

1. Save any progress on the PS4 version of the game
  2. Install the PS4 version of Saints Row®: The Third™ Remastered title on the PS5
  3. Then install the PS5 version on your PS5
  4. Press play on PS5 version of Saints Row®: The Third™ Remastered
  5. The synchronisation process will begin
  6. Once the Synchronisation is complete, you can continue the playthrough where it was last saved, by loading your preferred save file

If the EU and NA save files are different, and they must be since you can have both installed on one PS4, I'm not sure how the transfer would work if the PS5 is going to have only one release.

What happens if you have both the EU and NA PS4 versions installed? Which data is the PS5 version going to pull? The listed steps above don't say you need to upload progress to a cloud. Just install the PS4 version then the PS5 version and the game will autosync.

I'm really not trying to be difficult and not interested in arguing this, it may be that there is only going to be one version, I was just saying from a technical standpoint, I'm not sure how 3 games with 3 different saves will somehow be able to synchronize to a single save file for the PS5. That seems like a coding nightmare and likely to cause problems especially if you have different completion percentages for the different region PS4 games.

Won't affect me regardless since I don't have a PS4 save

Woah, that's a different way of doing cross-save. No wonder I couldn't find an option to upload the save.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

2 minutes ago, Am4z1n9_AZ said:

Weird one user already has all challenges trophy and 30 hours...

It turns out there is cross-save, just not by normal means. Apparently you have to install the PS4 version on to your PS5 and download your saves from the PS Plus Save File Cloud, then install the PS5 upgrade, boot it up and let it convert your saves.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Am4z1n9_AZ said:

I just did the cross-save the trophies that unlocked were Gender Equality, Third and 30, Flash the Pan, Everything is Permitted, & Hi-Jack It.

That isn't terrible but I think without the challenges one popping, it's gonna be a grind still. But at least there are no challenges for doing the cars and assassinations. 

56 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

It turns out there is cross-save, just not by normal means. Apparently you have to install the PS4 version on to your PS5 and download your saves from the PS Plus Save File Cloud, then install the PS5 upgrade, boot it up and let it convert your saves.

So, If I don't install the PS4 version and just the PS5 version nothing will autopop?

What do I do to claim the PS5 version? All it says is learn more and when I push that it says I already own the PS4 copy and can't purchase PS5 version.

Edited by snakebit10