Servers shutting down August 31, delisted May 31

On 5/31/2021 at 5:38 PM, KingmathyGoodman said:

Am surprised no one is talking about less than 24h notification for the delistings...

Good point.  Not really much time to prepare, that's for sure.  There was a good response made in the Server Shutdown and Delisting thread that I wanted to share that I think is relevant.  This quote from @Lord_Bane999 was responding about a comment similar to yours above, about giving less than 24 hour notice.

From @Lord_Bane999:

Eh I think Shift 2 was the only one of the lot with a dedicated online community still anyways. But with how quickly it all was pulled I imagine the delistings could've been part of an expired license for either cars or companies represented in them.

I hadn't thought about expiring licenses for cars or companies represented in games but I think that's a real possibility since it was so sudden and that it fell on the last day of the month.  My guess, if this is correct, the licenses for the cars, music, and/or companies in the game may have had an expiration starting June 1.  Speculation on my part, but it's possible.  It was almost like they forgot about the communication until the last minute, although past delistings from EA certainly don't help justify this since communications on delistings/shutdowns for other games have been less than stellar at times.

Edited by Paperclip1776
sentence change

NFS The Run still carries full lobbies on weekends. 

At least PSN Kept them up for the Day, Xbox deliested the DLC right away, so people didn't have until the end of the day to buy them. Honestly though, anyone here who really wanted them likely bought them during the PS3 store shutdown fiasco. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Hysteria said:

I already completed the MP portion but after the shutdown will I be able to get online trophies??

Just be sure. You did the MP part allready and now you ask if you can get the online Trophies after the server shutdown. If so, than the answer would be now.

Btw, I did some research. Not every DLC has been delisted yet, but I couldn't immediately find the DLC with Trophies from Shift 2. It wasn't listed as an add-on for the game this morning. 

2 hours ago, ConAir said:

Just be sure. You did the MP part allready and now you ask if you can get the online Trophies after the server shutdown. If so, than the answer would be now.

Btw, I did some research. Not every DLC has been delisted yet, but I couldn't immediately find the DLC with Trophies from Shift 2. It wasn't listed as an add-on for the game this morning. 

Srry I meant the offline trophies since some or one of need for speed games need to be online all the time . 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SilentMirai575 said:

Anyway to get the dlc I checked US and HK PSN stores for Need for Speed Shift 2 could not find it.

When you go to the search you won’t find it but go to games - genres - racing games - scroll down & you will find the game with every DLCs . 

• Like 1

Just now, eXb1azed23 said:

I'm assuming it's safe since it wasn't mentioned, but anyone know if Most Wanted is losing its servers? Little odd every other NFS on PS3 is but MW isn't? 

NFS MW is safe since it’s one of these with new tiles.

2 minutes ago, eXb1azed23 said:

I'm assuming it's safe since it wasn't mentioned, but anyone know if Most Wanted is losing its servers? Little odd every other NFS on PS3 is but MW isn't? 

Hot Pursuit and Rivals aren't being shut down on PS3 either.

36 minutes ago, pavelbagirov said:

Strange about Hot Pursuit because game is older than shift 2 and the run and have been remastered. The Run near all time have full lobbies on PS3 even on dlc

Not sure if it has anything to do with the fact that Hot Pursuit & Most Wanted are the Criterion developed ones (with Rivals having involvement from them). Probably just a coincidence.

it be nice if they got around to fix the one main game trophy thats been broken for many years, sad i loved the game to the point where i got the other trophies and had no friends when i was playing hardcore to get the king for a day trophy

20 minutes ago, lucky0ne16 said:

it be nice if they got around to fix the one main game trophy thats been broken for many years, sad i loved the game to the point where i got the other trophies and had no friends when i was playing hardcore to get the king for a day trophy

Believe me they won’t if they want , they could do it long time a go so with 2 to 3 months prior the shutdown, they WON’t.

Just now, Hysteria said:

Believe me they won’t if they want , they could do it long time a go so with 2 to 3 months prior the shutdown, they WON’t.

yeah i know ea is shameful when it comes to trophies, Maddon 21 was broken nearly 2 months

17 hours ago, Hysteria said:

When you go to the search you won’t find it but go to games - genres - racing games - scroll down & you will find the game with every DLCs . 

It's good to know that there is an alternative. I scrolled through 3000 items back to May 2015 to find the DLC. 

1 minute ago, ConAir said:

It's good to know that there is an alternative. I scrolled through 3000 items back to May 2015 to find the DLC. 

The ultimate or limited edition couldn’t remember but that one has all DLCs with 39.99 USD.

Someone in one of my message groups is claiming that this game requires a constant online connection, did they simply misread this thread? Can anyone with the game now verify that the game can be connected to offline? (my copy doesn't come until this weekend)

3 minutes ago, POEman553 said:

Someone in one of my message groups is claiming that this game requires a constant online connection, did they simply misread this thread? Can anyone with the game now verify that the game can be connected to offline? (my copy doesn't come until this weekend)

Which one ?

12 minutes ago, POEman553 said:

Need for speed shift 2 doesn’t need constant online.

Need for speed undercover doesn’t need .

Need for speed hot pursuit/ most wanted doesn’t need . 

Need for speed shift 2 unleashed NEED to be online but I don’t remember exactly but I will try today & will update you. 

So strange since The one Who wrote the guide didn’t even mention that , I mean that’s the most important information how did he forget that!

Edited by Hysteria