Intermission DLC trophy Thoughts

2 hours ago, lesk8vaincra said:

the real question being: will autopop works or not :D

Autopopping the trophies works flawlessly (at least in my case), just load your save from the ps4 version and you're done.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, sephiroth4424 said:

Is it 100% confirmed it will be available only for new gen consoles or maybe later they will release it on ps4?

I guess they will release ps4 version later cause the DLC only exclusive for six months.  And that is SE, still many ppl dont own a ps5 yet it makes money. 

55 minutes ago, da-Noob123 said:

I think they just wanted the most iconic ones for part 1, I'm sure in subsequent parts we will get some of the others. I do wonder if Yuffie will get any summons for the DLC. 

Ramuh is confirmed for the DLC. I meant that the Top Secrets VR gauntlet on PS4 did not include Chocobo & Moogle. You fight 5 out of 6 summons available in that game, one way or another.

Edited by Lance_87

4 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

Ramuh is confirmed for the DLC. I meant that the Top Secrets VR gauntlet on PS4 did not include Chocobo & Moogle. You fight 5 out of 6 summons available in that game, one way or another.

Ah, I  see what you meant now.

Leviathan gave me enough trouble, flying around, a racing chocobo might actually be worse than that. ?

Jeez someone here is certainly angry.

As for the trophies, well, I doubt I'll get all of them seeing as I couldn't bring myself to take down Yozora in ReMind so Weiss will also probably make me his bitch too

14 hours ago, enaysoft said:

Also feels like a bit of a dick move not having this DLC come out on PS4 at the same time. I mean, they are literally just not releasing it on PS4 out of exclusivity.

Imagine having a platform exclusive on your own platform...

What do you mean 'at the same time'? As far as I know there are no plans to release the DLC on the PS4, which is also why you can upgrade to the PS5 version for free (I guess..?)

Or did I miss some announcement?

Edited by Arcesius

33 minutes ago, Arcesius said:

What do you mean 'at the same time'? As far as I know there are no plans to release the DLC on the PS4, which is also why you can upgrade to the PS5 version for free (I guess..?)

Or did I miss some announcement?

Yes that's my point. why is it never coming to the PS4?

I'm excited to return to the game, of course. Hopeful that the platinum auto-pops just because two more playthroughs might be a bit much, even though I loved the game to death. Wouldn't complain having to do it again, though. Someone above mentioned the plat auto-pops so that's nice.

Not pleased with having to beat the DLC on hard, just because a lot of us have not played the game in over a year. I have a laundry list of reasons why I hate DLC, but having to relearn a game for hard content is near the top and FF7R is no exception, despite being one of my favorite games in recent memory. If it was released at the same time as my first playthrough, I wouldn't complain about hard mode at all. Going to be rough relearning the game in just a DLC's worth of content. No Gotterdam to rely on, either I assume.

I absolutely hated the Fort Condor mini-game in the original. I hope it is more fun in this, similar to the other reprised mini-games in the base game.

Edited by AerisFlowerGirl

My latest save file shows I don't have Chapter 18(final boss fight) completed on hard.

I probably got the ps4 platinum and closed the game, still weird I got no auto-save.. My latest file is just before fighting the harbringers. No fcking way I'm doing that final boss fight again on ps4 ?

Or does the hardmode trophy pop anyways? I don't know anymore lol

Edited by Deluziion90

19 hours ago, Arucon said:

Autopopping the trophies works flawlessly (at least in my case), just load your save from the ps4 version and you're done.

so it's a free plat or are there any new trophies added to the main trophy list?

Man I should have practiced a hard difficulty run before this came out. I'm nervous about the new hellhole gauntlet that will be Pride and Joy 0.5 and the Weiss boss fight already seems like itll be a good challenge. I wonder if we can use materias levelled up from main game in the DLC lol. Most likely not, and if thats the case, back to grinding HP Ups and MP ups we go! 

On 6/9/2021 at 1:10 AM, Deluziion90 said:

My latest save file shows I don't have Chapter 18(final boss fight) completed on hard.

I probably got the ps4 platinum and closed the game, still weird I got no auto-save.. My latest file is just before fighting the harbringers. No fcking way I'm doing that final boss fight again on ps4 1f643.png

Or does the hardmode trophy pop anyways? I don't know anymore lol

My latest save file shows me in Chapter 9 Hard on Hellhouse, I think I may have left there because of the dresses which were so tedious to get, I don't even remember lol. The in-game record shows I did all chapters on Hard since I have all the manifestos so hopefully I should get an instant plat. You should check your in-game record as well. If I'm not mistaken beating the Sephiroth fight makes your last save before the final sets of fights with the Harbingers. Been more than a year so I'm not sure.

Regardless, I feel like playing through the game again from the start on Hard difficulty just to refamiliarize myself with the game's combat and mechanics. Plus it'd be nice to finally see the slums without dogsh*t textures, not to mention the flowers outside Aerith's home lol. Every time the camera zoomed in on those flowers during cutscenes I was sad hahaha.

Edited by PostGameBlues
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, PostGameBlues said:

Man I should have practiced a hard difficulty run before this came out. I'm nervous about the new hellhole gauntlet that will be Pride and Joy 0.5 and the Weiss boss fight already seems like itll be a good challenge. I wonder if we can use materias levelled up from main game in the DLC lol. Most likely not, and if thats the case, back to grinding HP Ups and MP ups we go! 

My latest save file shows me in Chapter 9 Hard on Hellhouse, I think I may have left there because of the dresses which were so tedious to get, I don't even remember lol. The in-game record shows I did all chapters on Hard since I have all the manifestos so hopefully I should get an instant plat. You should check your in-game record as well. If I'm not mistaken beating the Sephiroth fight makes your last save before the final sets of fights with the Harbingers. Been more than a year so I'm not sure.

Regardless, I feel like playing through the game again from the start on Hard difficulty just to refamiliarize myself with the game's combat and mechanics. Plus it'd be nice to finally see the slums without dogsh*t textures, not to mention the flowers outside Aerith's home lol. Every time the camera zoomed in on those flowers during cutscenes I was sad hahaha.

Do you mean the checkmarks next to the chapter? As my file shows no mark on chapter 18. Or what am I exactly looking for? I’ve been checking lots of chapter 18 finishers on hard but they always cut off if the game saves or not. 

6 hours ago, Deluziion90 said:

Do you mean the checkmarks next to the chapter? As my file shows no mark on chapter 18. Or what am I exactly looking for? I’ve been checking lots of chapter 18 finishers on hard but they always cut off if the game saves or not. 

Go to Main Menu, then System, then Play Log. You should see all your game stats, including how many chapters you've completed on Hard.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, PostGameBlues said:

Go to Main Menu, then System, then Play Log. You should see all your game stats, including how many chapters you've completed on Hard.

I cant even access the system menu from the actual main menu. I have to load a save file to access system.

After checking that it states 17/18 cleared on hard because my last save file is just before the harbringer fight. :/ 

12 hours ago, Deluziion90 said:

I cant even access the system menu from the actual main menu. I have to load a save file to access system.

After checking that it states 17/18 cleared on hard because my last save file is just before the harbringer fight. :/ 

RIP, you probably have to do that last cancerous gauntlet of boss fights on Hard again. If you beat it on Hard and got the trophy before I'm not sure why it would suddenly say you didn't. Did you quit immediately after beating Sephiroth on Hard? lol

Edited by PostGameBlues