PS5 or Xbox Series X

vanessaking2

10 minutes ago, Sn1per666999 said:

PS5 for exclusives and VR. I also hate the way the Series X looks. I do wish Sony could claim to have the most powerful console though. Hopefully with PS5 pro if it happens.

Can't believe there are people who think the PS5 looks good. It's one of the biggest and ugliest consoles ever made. I can't even fit it in my entertainment unit.

21 minutes ago, Dan-lives-here said:

Can't believe there are people who think the PS5 looks good. It's one of the biggest and ugliest consoles ever made. I can't even fit it in my entertainment unit.

why are you on a playstation site then lol flagged too hahaha

When there is stock and I have the spare money, PS5 for me. Been playing Playstation most of my life so will stick with what I know and love. 

If I had the money I would love to get a series x with game pass for several games that are exclusive like Gears and Fable. Plus access to an TESIV Oblivion,  yes please. Might as well throw the Switch in too so my experience is well rounded. 

13 minutes ago, da-Noob123 said:

When there is stock and I have the spare money, PS5 for me. Been playing Playstation most of my life so will stick with what I know and love. 

If I had the money I would love to get a series x with game pass for several games that are exclusive like Gears and Fable. Plus access to an TESIV Oblivion,  yes please. Might as well throw the Switch in too so my experience is well rounded. 

I tried playing xbox multiple times over the last decade I always come back to playstation though. Playstation for life

4 hours ago, Property_Damage said:

Well im glad to hear it only took them 8 months after their new hardware release to finally get some software for it :)

Still waiting for Sony's software releases. They didn't even bother showing up at the biggest industry event of the year which isn't a good sign IMO.

34 minutes ago, Eyjabria said:

Still waiting for Sony's software releases. They didn't even bother showing up at the biggest industry event of the year which isn't a good sign IMO.

And?..Theyve done that before and held their own product development showcases, thats nothing new at this point…xbox showcased their new system first ahead of sony and sony came back and atleast had games to offer with ps5’s launch whereas xbox just said, subscribe to gamepass and play our latest last gen games on next gen hardware!

EL, OH, EL

18 minutes ago, Property_Damage said:

And?..Theyve done that before and held their own product development showcases, thats nothing new at this point…xbox showcased their new system first ahead of sony and sony came back and atleast had games to offer with ps5’s launch whereas xbox just said, subscribe to gamepass and play our latest last gen games on next gen hardware!

EL, OH, EL

I view Sony's absence from E3 as a sign of disrespect towards the industry and gamers. But that's nothing new at this point, I guess. 

And I apologize, I should have educated myself better before commenting. I forgot Sony had Demon's Souls remake ready as a launch title. Were there any titles developed by Sony's internal studios though?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Eyjabria said:

I view Sony's absence from E3 as a sign of disrespect towards the industry and gamers. But that's nothing new at this point, I guess. 

And I apologize, I should have educated myself better before commenting. I forgot Sony had Demon's Souls remake ready as a launch title. Were there any titles developed by Sony's internal studios though?

People toss demons souls out there like thats a bad thing

it was rebuilt from the ground up, its essentially a new game but with a familiar face

how microsofts beloved halo?

so we can have this argument all day right

where we can nit pick at each team, sony vs microsoft but at the end of the day i honestly dont care, i just came to stir the pot a little

But my original point is still valid..xbox beat sony to market with their announcement and reveal and i believe price point too, right? But what was xbox’s launch games? Cuz i dont fucking know! Lol and im not even messing around, everyone seems to shit on sony and oh they only had demons souls and spider man was cross gen so that doesnt count blah blah blah but however you slice it, those are leaps and bounds ahead of whatever xbox put out

but can someone please tell me for the love of all thats holy, what new game(s) released at launch on xbox?

if anyone says game pass i sware to god or some other subscription service just..dont, please lol

6 hours ago, Property_Damage said:

People toss demons souls out there like thats a bad thing

it was rebuilt from the ground up, its essentially a new game but with a familiar face

how microsofts beloved halo?

so we can have this argument all day right

where we can nit pick at each team, sony vs microsoft but at the end of the day i honestly dont care, i just came to stir the pot a little

But my original point is still valid..xbox beat sony to market with their announcement and reveal and i believe price point too, right? But what was xbox’s launch games? Cuz i dont fucking know! Lol and im not even messing around, everyone seems to shit on sony and oh they only had demons souls and spider man was cross gen so that doesnt count blah blah blah but however you slice it, those are leaps and bounds ahead of whatever xbox put out

but can someone please tell me for the love of all thats holy, what new game(s) released at launch on xbox?

if anyone says game pass i sware to god or some other subscription service just..dont, please lol

I wasn't nitpicking or shitting on Sony, I was just asking a question if there were any launch titles made by Sony's internal studios. 

Microsoft didn't get any of their own new games ready for launch but they had a few new multiplat third-party games at launch, such as Yakuza: Like A Dragon, Watch Dogs Legion and Assassin's Creed Valhalla. The closest new game courtesy of Microsoft was probably Gears Tactics, which had gotten a PC launch prior to Xbox. 
Hoping for both companies to redeem the situation of first-party game drought.

27 minutes ago, Eyjabria said:

I wasn't nitpicking or shitting on Sony, I was just asking a question if there were any launch titles made by Sony's internal studios. 

Astrobot and Sackboy were the two I think - though, given the output of Bluepoint in the last 10 years, it’s questionable if they might actually be classed as a ‘defacto-Sony studio’ at this point

- they certainly seem, if not 1st party, at least 2nd Party, as pretty much everything they’ve done in years has been Sony exclusive fare.

I own both a PS5 and a Series X.

The following are just personal opinions so take with a pinch of salt.

The Series X is faster than the PS5, it is also quieter, it 'looks' like it will last longer too, by which I mean it looks sturdier, and less plasticcy.

Game pass > PS Now (This one shouldn't even be a comparison, they are so far apart that it is embarrassing.

Xbox Series X achievement tracker and the daily rewards for completing tasks are awesome too.

Now then... the Series X pad? I don't like it, it feels plasticcy, the buttons feel more clicky and the PS5's dual shock (whilst bigger and heavier) feels better in my hands and i FAR prefer it.

Don't care for backwards compatibility, I didn't buy a £450 console to play games that I have already played 10 years ago.

That being said I still use my PS5 more than my Series X, however, that will likely change when MS Flight Simulator comes out, let alone Starfield.

Edited by Japanime_Gamer
  • Like 1

I gravitated to PS since the first console came out and never looked back. Never really thought of getting an Xbox since my gaming needs have been met with PS. Wished I had more time to play other console games, but decided to stick with just one for now.

Well, I tried the Xbox one x At launch , and have a ps4 pro at the same time, unfortunately for the Xbox, I always spend 98% of my time playing my ps4 pro, I keep looking my xbox and thinking why the hell I have something that I don't use? Just to say for another people that I have? Wtf

Conclusion, I sold my Xbox one x and decided I never buy another Xbox.

I choose upgrade my pc (something that I use) from now on instead of buying another xbok  

Soo yeah, PS5 FTW

Edited by KillerGV

21 hours ago, Paoling-PS said:

Totaly agree with you. Game pass has an exceptional value. 120 dollars a year and you get every new xbox exclusive at the release day for free. And as Phil said recently that xbox is aiming to release a new game every quarter... That 120 price tag will pay off itself in no time. 

And in the same time Sony releases Returnal and Ratchet for 70 dollars each, that's already 140... Sony really should make its own version of game pass or just upgrade ps now for day 1 releases.

Im still rooting for Sony but Xbox is doing something right this time.

Yeah the new game releases alone is an incredible incentive and would pay for itself after one or two releases. Here in Canada, games are insanely expensive due to the lower dollar. A $60 USD game ends up being $80 here, and with taxes it’s more like $90. Buying digital used to allow us to circumvent taxes on all purchases for years, but sadly that loophole has been closed recently.

The value of a service like Game Pass is absolutely mind boggling really. It’s easily worth several times that price. And with Microsoft ramping up their new games exclusives as you say, the incentives are rapidly growing.

I really hope Sony realizes it’s in their best interest long term to offer something similar. Sony has been on top for so long that sometimes I feel like they take their subscriber base for granted, and simply expect everyone to stay loyal even when they treat us like garbage. But if they’re unwilling to adapt with the times and think to the future as the industry changes, they might end up having a rude awakening one day, and hand Microsoft an opportunity to convert a lot of customers.

• Like 2

On 6/12/2021 at 6:11 PM, SnowxSakura said:

You'd be surprised at the amount of people that own multiple systems on here. That's why there's a sub for consoles and pc

Ok got it 

On 6/12/2021 at 6:14 PM, DrBloodmoney said:

You’d be surprised - sometimes I feel like (as a Playstation-only guy) I’m actually the one in the minority - at least among the heavy-users of the site 1f602.png

There are a lot of serious gamers on here - and a lot of them are multi-console players

EDIT - d’oh - @SnowxSakura - you snuck in there before me 1f602.png

Yeah I might be wrong here, For PS only there is still 4 active systems Vita, PS4, PS3, and PS5 and actually i play on 3 of them and for hardcore gamers, there might be 6-7 more?