Alex Kidd in Miracle World DX trophy thoughts?

The list seems pretty straightforward, but if it keeps the difficulty, gonna be tricky. You need one game with all collectibles and one without spending money in the shops, so maybe two playthroughs needed? And the Jankenpon tournament...dunno. Do like the old school tiles. 

Edited by MidnightDragon
  • Like 1

Wow man, what a blast from the past!! Makes me feel like a kid again seeing this one ?

Back on topic, looks like a good trophy list with a decent amount of challenge. 0% runs can be tough from past experiences. Talking to all NPCs are sometimes rough too, depending on how many and how hard to find... I think I might have to grab a copy of this one!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, MidnightDragon said:

The list seems pretty straightforward, but if it keeps the difficulty, gonna be tricky. You need one game with all collectibles and one without spending money in the shops, so maybe two playthroughs needed? And the Jankenpon tournament...dunno. Do like the old school tiles. 

I'm looking forward to get the "Altered Beast" trophy

• Like 1

16 hours ago, BGriff1986 said:

Generally feels like a slightly more forgiving list than the PS3 version. Difficulty is definitely going to depend on how they’re handling lives / continues / save states, though!

There is no save states, however they have an infinite lives option (Which disables trophy so not worth doing.)
I got a review copy and I'd like to make a guide but my wife has played the original where I have not and so far the controls feel a bit heavy/touchy (Slight movement can make you over shoot a platform easily.)
She's a beast at the OG Alex and she wasn't liking this one.

You can toggle between HD and retro graphics which is pretty sweet. I am trying to make a full guide for it but I guess we'll see if I can make it.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BushidoCypher said:

There is no save states, however they have an infinite lives option (Which disables trophy so not worth doing.)
I got a review copy and I'd like to make a guide but my wife has played the original where I have not and so far the controls feel a bit heavy/touchy (Slight movement can make you over shoot a platform easily.)
She's a beast at the OG Alex and she wasn't liking this one.

You can toggle between HD and retro graphics which is pretty sweet. I am trying to make a full guide for it but I guess we'll see if I can make it.

Thanks, that’s all really interesting stuff!

Any particular reasons why your wife isn’t a fan of this remake? Based on the trailers it looks like it’s trying to play towards the nostalgia crowd, so would love to know where it’s missing the mark

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, BGriff1986 said:

Thanks, that’s all really interesting stuff!

Any particular reasons why your wife isn’t a fan of this remake? Based on the trailers it looks like it’s trying to play towards the nostalgia crowd, so would love to know where it’s missing the mark

Honestly as I'm playing there is some input lag and feels a tad bit clunky, I'll be trying it on my tv/setup shortly since I think my wife's tv has input lag (Least it felt that way to me even when playing cuphead lol)

It has been fun so far, I've never played the original so currently stuck on a boss and will need to find an old video of it and hope it hasn't had mechanics changed lol 
She found the original very easy but this one again so far feels clunky but I'll report back if I notice a major difference when playing on my setup

5 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

Played this one later than most (on PS3), and don’t get the love. The 100% is good enough for me.

For me it’s the nostalgia factor that’s drawing me back. If you owned a Sega Master System back in t’day there’s a strong chance that it was the game that was built into the console

• Like 3

Just a heads up I've found you can get the trophies with infinite lives. 
Unfortunately after getting to the 2nd castle towards the end of the game it crashed on me and corrupted my save...... fml

The crash wasn't relative to the infinite lives but more so spamming d pad when it was loading in the next screen... 

Edited by BushidoCypher
  • Like 1

Just now, Wild_Dark_Shadow said:

Does the physical edition has PS5 free upgrade? I bought the PS4 version since I didn't have PS5 at that moment and now I wish I could platinum both versions

Doubt it! The digital version isn’t cross-buy so I’d be shocked if the physical is

2 minutes ago, Wild_Dark_Shadow said:

Bought mine from Signature Edition. At the site doesn't show anything about upgrade.

Guess I'll wait to confirm this, maybe I'll have it tomorrow

Currently on 10% discount on the PSN store if you have Plus, so if it doesn’t have cross-buy and you do want to plat both versions eventually it’s a good time to consider double dipping

Basically looking at 2 playthroughs (Because Stingy trophy locks you out of collectibles trophy)
I should have my full all in one guide (Edited down for convenience) uploaded by tomorrow. 
Finished it a bit late tonight and have work in 3 hours and just not enough time to edit nor the right mindset for commentary

• Like 2

20 hours ago, BushidoCypher said:

Basically looking at 2 playthroughs (Because Stingy trophy locks you out of collectibles trophy)
I should have my full all in one guide (Edited down for convenience) uploaded by tomorrow. 
Finished it a bit late tonight and have work in 3 hours and just not enough time to edit nor the right mindset for commentary

Waiting for it. It'll be a good help ?

22 hours ago, BGriff1986 said:

Currently on 10% discount on the PSN store if you have Plus, so if it doesn’t have cross-buy and you do want to plat both versions eventually it’s a good time to consider double dipping

And I can confirm the physical copy doesn't upgrade to the PS5 version. I'll wait for a future discount just to play it again 

2 hours ago, Wild_Dark_Shadow said:

Waiting for it. It'll be a good help 1f601.png

And I can confirm the physical copy doesn't upgrade to the PS5 version. I'll wait for a future discount just to play it again 

Bit of a shame it doesn't upgrade free tbh. 

Guide has just been published happy hunting guys!

• Like 1