Castlevania Advance Collection - Available Now/$19.99 USD

I'm definitely interested in this if it turns out to be true. I've never played the GBA Castlevania's but the Metroidvania/Igavania subgenre has a very compelling gameplay loop of interconnected maps, exploration and experimentation.

Edited by bikeman223

6 hours ago, Void said:

nice, too bad the card drops are so random and no NG+. I am sure Limited Run will do a physical edition and I will buy that version guaranteed.

You can always play thief mode after beating the game once

Edited by SnowxSakura

• 2 weeks later...

Last time when the anniversary collection was leaked how long did it take until it was officially announced and released? I'm just trying to figure out how long until Konami finally announces this, I love these games so much it will be day one purchase.

Burritoprime.png

11 hours ago, Sunnyburrito said:

Last time when the anniversary collection was leaked how long did it take until it was officially announced and released? I'm just trying to figure out how long until Konami finally announces this, I love these games so much it will be day one purchase.

IIRC it was leaked on March 2019, announced a month later, and released another month later.

Edited by Lance_87

I'd be very happy with this. I've never actually played Circle of the Moon but I still have both of my boxed copies of Harmony & Aria (it's crazy how much boxed copies of the old games go for now so I'm glad I held onto mine, I wouldn't like trying to buy them again).

I played Harmony again sometime in the last 2 years & it still holds up great, it's the only game in the series that has a Belmont main character who's fully proficient in magic & doesn't just rely on combat skill which was a nice gameplay change.

As for Aria that would also be amazing but then they also need to give us Dawn so we can play both parts of the story, it would be weird playing Aria on PS5 & then having to put my 3DS on to play Dawn.

Edited by ObsceneSociopath
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, GravityQueeen said:

Fingers crossed for Dawn of Sorry as well. The Nintendo DS was superb and had amazing Castlevania titles.

GravityQueeen.png

They would have to change the glyph system in Dawn to make it work without the touch screen. Best way would be to make it just autocomplete the glyph on the bosses like the randomizer does

3 hours ago, SnowxSakura said:

They would have to change the glyph system in Dawn to make it work without the touch screen. Best way would be to make it just autocomplete the glyph on the bosses like the randomizer does

It all depends on how well they can configure the touchpad to respond on both DS4 & DS5s as all the DS games would have the same problem.

Portrait of Ruin used the touch screen to open some doors & even used it in combat on some boss fights.

Order of Ecclesia is in pretty much the same situation for the same reasons as Portrait.

So basically for us to get the DS ports, they'd have to give us a way around using touch screen using the touchpad or as you already suggested, an autocomplete.

1 hour ago, ObsceneSociopath said:

It all depends on how well they can configure the touchpad to respond on both DS4 & DS5s as all the DS games would have the same problem.

Portrait of Ruin used the touch screen to open some doors & even used it in combat on some boss fights.

Order of Ecclesia is in pretty much the same situation for the same reasons as Portrait.

So basically for us to get the DS ports, they'd have to give us a way around using touch screen using the touchpad or as you already suggested, an autocomplete.

Or using the analog stick, they can set it in a way in which you hold let's say R2 to "touch" and draw the pattern but they have to make the hit box for that bigger and more flexible otherwise it can get really frustrating since in Dawn of Sorrow  you have to draw the glyph in order to finish off a boss, SnowSakura had the best ideia with the auto complete since it's less effort on their part and gets the job done, in the original Ni No Kuni you had to draw the symbols for the spells in order to cast them but they got around that with the Remake.

5 hours ago, Lance_87 said:

IIRC it was leaked on March 2019, announced a month later, and released another month later.

So if our theory is correct we should see an official announcement sometime later this month, fingers crossed.

49 minutes ago, Sunnyburrito said:

So if our theory is correct we should see an official announcement sometime later this month, fingers crossed.

Wasn’t there speculation that Konami were going to announce it at E3 before they pulled out.

41 minutes ago, bikeman223 said:

Wasn’t there speculation that Konami were going to announce it at E3 before they pulled out.

Oh yeah? I didn't know, the first time I heard about this collection was through this thread later I read on other news outlet about it being registered in Korea, well if it's true it sucks we didn't see any announcement,  lets hope we hear something until the end of the month.

3 hours ago, ObsceneSociopath said:

Portrait only used the touchscreen for the Sisters mode

2 hours ago, Lance_87 said:

IIRC you used the touchscreen to move your partner in any mode, not just Sisters.

That is optional however, you can beat the game without ever using the touch screen. Sisters on the other hand require the touch screen to attack

Edited by SnowxSakura

14 hours ago, Alos88 said:

Really? I heard V was a return to form.

It's better than IV to be sure but it still doesn't compare to the first three. 

10 hours ago, SnowxSakura said:

That is optional however, you can beat the game without ever using the touch screen. Sisters on the other hand require the touch screen to attack

Technically you had to use the touchscreen when you entered your name in a new file though