Update: Tekken x street fighter has not been cancelled

7 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

I was under the impression this was quietly canned years ago.

It probably was quietly canned. Now it's officially canned.

Also, can people stop posting just memes. It breaks rule #6. I've had to remove 4 posts.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Stevieboy said:

It probably was quietly canned. Now it's officially canned.

Also, can people stop posting just memes. It breaks rule #6. I've had to remove 4 posts.

you guys should open a section for "shitposting" and casual chat on the forum.

I am a huge Tekken fan and I don't really care about Street Fighter, but I was looking forward for this game ever since it was announced back in 2010. How Tekken 7 is competitive only oriented made me burn out of the franchise and I was hoping that the next Tekken game would make me return to the series, and I was actually pretty sure that Tekken X Street Fighter would have finally become a thing.

And instead... This. I am deeply disappointed. Tekken 8 or whatever the next Tekken game will be should better not disappoint me with the single player content and the lore.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, kevao97 said:

you guys should open a section for "shitposting" and casual chat on the forum.

Isn't that what the Off Topic and Forum Games section is for? Although we probably have enough "shitposting" as it is :P.

Back on topic though, I was looking forward to this as I wanted a game in the Tekken engine with Street Fighter characters included, so the official cancellation is a disappointment. I much prefer the Tekken gameplay over the Street Fighter gameplay, so the SFxT one wasn't enough for me.

I was actually looking forward to it way more than the Street Fighter version of SF vs Tekken.

After playing as Akuma in Tekken 7, I would have loved to have seen Ken Ryu, Dhalsim, Zangief, Blanka etc and how they would have worked in the game.

Just now, enaysoft said:

I was actually looking forward to it way more than the Street Fighter version of SF vs Tekken.

After playing as Akuma in Tekken 7, I would have loved to have seen Ken Ryu, Dhalsim, Zangief, Blanka etc and how they would have worked in the game.

Did you ever play the Streetfighter EX series?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SecondGenesis said:

Did you ever play the Streetfighter EX series?

You mean the EX Plus Alpha? Yeah I had one of them on Playstation 1, good game. Well that was my experience at 3D Street Fighter II before Street Fighter 4 came out.

Edited by enaysoft
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, enaysoft said:

You mean the EX Plus Alpha? Yeah I had one of them on Playstation 1, good game. Well that was my experience at 3D Street Fighter II before Street Fighter 4 came out.

Yeah, I really enjoyed them, I thought there were 3 games in that series? Maybe my memory betrays me

• Like 1

Yes, pretty sure the 3rd on PS2 was practically a PS2 release title. I do remember it not having very good anti aliasing.

I used to love Garnet Sky and Heat Wind tunes in EXAlpha, they are awesome. (For Dhalsim and Jack) Some of the ending were a bit stupid though, and that really cheesy music that runs through all of them (Like in Tekken 1 endings where it was all the same music)

Ken's ending is so stupid, doing about 10 dragon punchs in a row.

Sorry getting a bit off topic here

2 hours ago, Stevieboy said:

This makes sense. They already programmed one shoto into the Tekken engine with Akuma so that's half of the SF roster right there. Would be dumb to waste the free money TxSF would make.

I hope they'll announce Tekken 8 soon. I know Tekken 7 is technically only 4 years old (a bit more than that though, if we count the Arcade version), but the game has aged terribly very fast. The gameplay is still amazing, but the graphics, and resolution in particular, are not good. Especially compared to more recent fighting game releases like Dead or Alive 6 and Virtua Fighter 5 Ultimate Round, and especially Mortal Kombat 11, which all have a better resolution and use of colours etc.

• Like 1