Dead Space release date: January 27th 2023

kidson2004

full price huh? yeah... I'll wait for a deep sale on this one, fortunately, EA games are bargain bin prices fast

the game looks great, it is a real remake, but same with TLOU, if a game is only a visual remake, not a full reimagine FF7/RE2 style, it shouldn't be full price

but as good as it looks already, I still kinda feel like it could've looked better as a next gen remake....

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Undead Wolf said:

I've been avoiding gameplay of this remake for the most part, although the bits and pieces I have seen do look quite good. I guess the remake doesn't deviate too much from the original game which is a positive thing as far as I'm concerned. However, I have a hard time justifying paying £70 for what is essentially just a prettier version of a game from 2008. I mean a part of me would like to support a series I hold very dearly in the hopes we get more games in the future, but then I remember that this is EA we're talking about, and they're the ones who ran the series into the ground in the first place and closed down Visceral Games. Not the kind of company I want to throw that much money down for. I'll keep an ear out though, and if it turns out this remake is actually good and faithful to the original, I'll pick it months down the line when the price is much more reasonable.

In situations like this, I would always recommend playing the originals first. That way you'll get the games in their purest form and be able to experience why people fell in love with them in the first place, especially when it comes to Dead Space 1 & 2. Right now we have no idea if this remake is going to do the original game justice or not. As for if they'll remake the others, that's anyone's guess at this point, but I wouldn't bet on it. I suppose it depends on whether or not EA considers it to be successful or not. Even if they do end up remaking the whole trilogy, that will take years, and it'll be £70 a pop too. Meanwhile, you can pick up the original trilogy on PS3 for pennies. My advice would be to play the originals first, and if you do end up liking them, then you can look into playing the remake later when it's cheaper.

Yeah very true, it also comes out close to Calisto Protocol which is somewhat going to be in the same genre of dead space, so I think I would rather spend my money on that as it's a new experience.

How did you find the platinum of those games? (Dead Space Trilogy)

Edited by SCREWBWOI

55 minutes ago, SCREWBWOI said:

Yeah very true, it also comes out close to Calisto Protocol which is somewhat going to be in the same genre of dead space, so I think I would rather spend my money on that as it's a new experience.

How did you find the platinum of those games? (Dead Space Trilogy)

Oh yeah, definitely. I'm looking forward to The Callisto Protocol myself. Not to mention it's £25 less than the Dead Space remake at launch. 

As for the Dead Space trilogy plats, they aren't that difficult, even on the hardest difficulty. The biggest hurdle is probably Dead Space 2's perma-death mode where you're limited to only 3 manual saves, so you have to be strategic on where you make them. It can be a bit nerve-racking when you have to go long periods of time without saving, but so long as you save this playthrough for last, you should know the game inside-out by then. It's not too bad. The hardcore mode in Dead Space 3 can be cheesed, so it's not really a problem there. That game does have online trophies though related to the co-op campaign, so that's something you should be aware of. 

• Like 1

On 09/10/2022 at 5:27 AM, SCREWBWOI said:

I haven't played dead space yet so I was wondering if I should play the original trilogy or start from the remake. 

Also will they remake the others?

I would play the original trilogy, but there's Extraction, I tried several times to get into it but I'm not a big fan of rail shooters, it's a prequel to DS but I have heard the story is good.  There's also DS Ignition, set between 1 & 2 which is a shorter puzzle game of sorts, it's very good (for what it is) and leads right up to the opening of DS2.  Ignition also has the benefit of opening up various sealed storage rooms in DS2 if you have finished it and have it's game save, albeit I'm not sure if that's still applicable nowadays.  

If you want to immerse yourself there are a number of novels and comics and two animated movies, whilst not brilliant you might get something out of them, I didn't mind them myself.

I wouldn't mind if they remade DS2, of course it all depends on this remakes success, but I would be wary of a DS3 remake, it's not great and it wasn't the game Visceral wanted to make.  Personally I thought DS2 was an excellent sequel, 3 had it's moments but is easily the worst game of the three, things like the resource management and weapon creation, while fun at times, really just didn't fit the game imo, and it was quite clear these mechanics were only there so EA could shove it's grubby fingers into the monetisation pie, ultimately ending the franchise and probably Visceral themselves, EA just made a mess of it.  It is worth playing 3 though, you can pick it up cheaply and like I said it does have it's moments.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
9 hours ago, oswald41 said:

Why is the digital pre order not available to play until 11am Friday morning usually pre orders unlock at midnight 

I'm from Europe GMT+1 and game will be available to play at 3 or 4 pm. Which is really weird time to release a game. I could go and buy disc cheaper and play earlier than digital. 

• 9 months later...
On 7/22/2021 at 6:03 PM, Helyx said:

There's no way they're going to adequately provide a classic Dead Space experience, and I don't see how anyone could improve upon the original.

You're so dumb sometimes. The remake is phenomenal. Not only does it faithfully capture the original, but it improves upon it with added content.

• Haha 1

On 12/7/2022 at 7:45 PM, THE BLADE IS ME said:

I wonder why did they feel the need to change the look of some characters so drastically, there was no reason for it

Watching the Silent Hill 2 remake trailer I thought I was looking at a blonde Markiplier instead of James Sunderland.

9 minutes ago, Helyx said:

You're so dumb sometimes. The remake is phenomenal. Not only does it faithfully capture the original, but it improves upon it with added content.

Careful, your multiple personalities are showing. 🤣

• Haha 1

• 5 months later...