Dead Space release date: January 27th 2023

kidson2004

8 hours ago, Spike_Hostile17 said:

RE8 Gold edition in late October, Calisto Protocol in early December, and now Dead Space in January. That's a lot of horror games within few months. As long as the game is complete and there is no further DLC, Dead Space will be a Day1 purchase for me.

and the RE4 remake in March 

Awesome news that Isaac can speak in the remake. Always disliked that he wasn't able to in the original. It made him look kinda braindead and naive. Other people have endless monologues and give him a mission and without arguing Isaac just does as he was told. This became especially weird when they were sending him to the most dangereous places while knowing that he was "just" a mechanic. And Isaac himself was not doubting or questioning any of this :).

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ninjise said:

I've never played these games due to being a scaredy-cat back in the day, great opportunity to experience for the 1st time this great game.

That being said 80€ is a little tad much for me, will probably wait for a future sale.

Dead Space is a great game no doubt.

Yeah €80 I just can't justify spending that on a game anymore, with inflation and bills to pay. So yeah wait for sale it is.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, JAK-KRIEG said:

Am I seeing that right $69.99 so it will be €79.99 in Europe, that hurts for a remake. Same case with TLOU Part 1 also overpriced imo.

That’s like $100 CAD. Crazy. Unlike TLOU though, at least Dead Space is a couple generations old AND is exactly the type of game that could really benefit from the kind of audio, sound engineering and lighting upgrades that modern hardware is capable of. Paying that much for TLOU re-remake though is criminal.

Edited by dieselmanchild
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, dieselmanchild said:

That’s like $100 CAD. Crazy. Unlike TLOU though, at least Dead Space is a couple generations old AND is exactly the type of game that could really benefit from the kind of audio, sound engineering and lighting upgrades that modern hardware is capable of.

I know and it is great that it's getting remade and all, (and I will eventually play it) but that price is making my wallet run and hide for cover.

5 minutes ago, GUDGER666 said:

It just looks like a good Remaster, does not look like a Remake, just labeled a Remake so they can ask for full price. 

Disagree, it's a beat for beat remake, follows the original game while using completely new assests.

And even adds new features such as Isaac having actual voice lines, some new lore/story elements and quite a bit new tech in terms of audio and effects.

If you think this looks similar to the original then you havent played it in awhile.

That said, I think its overpriced, 70€ would be ideal.

23 minutes ago, JavaNext said:

.If you think this looks similar to the original then you havent played it in awhile.

Of course It looks similar lol, like you said its beat for beat. Have you not seen side by side comparisons? Its literally the same game with updates, animations look exactly the same, levels look the same just slightly different I do not see this as remake, just a very good remaster. 

X82STvH.jpg

Dead Space Collector’s Edition Pre-Orders Available, Includes Wearable Isaac Helmet

$274.99

Limited Run Games says that they are distributing the Collector’s Edition on behalf of Electronic Arts, so it’s uncertain if this will be available at other outlets.

But at any rate, here’s what you’ll find inside the Dead Space collector’s box:

Physical copy of Dead Space

Dead Space Steelbook

Full-size, wearable Isaac Helmet

Dead Space CD Soundtrack

Lithograph Print

Foil Stamped Lithograph Folio

Four Mini Posters

Ishimura Patch

Metal 4″ Marker Statue

Marker Enamel Pin

snTm9jK.jpg

krxcJJk.png

https://limitedrungames.com/collections/dead-space/products/dead-space-collectors-edition-ps5#product-details

Edited by ziggypossum
make us whole again
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, GUDGER666 said:

Of course It looks similar lol, like you said its beat for beat. Have you not seen side by side comparisons? Its literally the same game with updates, animations look exactly the same, levels look the same just slightly different I do not see this as remake, just a very good remaster. 

It looks similar in aesthetics but not in terms of asset quality. But you have defined a remake as something completely different, like RE2 or FF7, which changed much more significantly. The fact that gameplay and level design are similar doesn't mean it's not a remake, as shown by the Crash Bandicoot remake.

7 hours ago, ziggypossum said:

X82STvH.jpg

Dead Space Collector’s Edition Pre-Orders Available, Includes Wearable Isaac Helmet

$274.99

Limited Run Games says that they are distributing the Collector’s Edition on behalf of Electronic Arts, so it’s uncertain if this will be available at other outlets.

But at any rate, here’s what you’ll find inside the Dead Space collector’s box:

Physical copy of Dead Space

Dead Space Steelbook

Full-size, wearable Isaac Helmet

Dead Space CD Soundtrack

Lithograph Print

Foil Stamped Lithograph Folio

Four Mini Posters

Ishimura Patch

Metal 4″ Marker Statue

Marker Enamel Pin

snTm9jK.jpg

krxcJJk.png

https://limitedrungames.com/collections/dead-space/products/dead-space-collectors-edition-ps5#product-details

Saw this earlier. Almost went for it but:

1. Don’t have a Ps5

2. They haven’t mentioned their monetization plan.

• Like 1

I've been avoiding gameplay of this remake for the most part, although the bits and pieces I have seen do look quite good. I guess the remake doesn't deviate too much from the original game which is a positive thing as far as I'm concerned. However, I have a hard time justifying paying £70 for what is essentially just a prettier version of a game from 2008. I mean a part of me would like to support a series I hold very dearly in the hopes we get more games in the future, but then I remember that this is EA we're talking about, and they're the ones who ran the series into the ground in the first place and closed down Visceral Games. Not the kind of company I want to throw that much money down for. I'll keep an ear out though, and if it turns out this remake is actually good and faithful to the original, I'll pick it months down the line when the price is much more reasonable.

1 hour ago, SCREWBWOI said:

I haven't played dead space yet so I was wondering if I should play the original trilogy or start from the remake. 

Also will they remake the others?

In situations like this, I would always recommend playing the originals first. That way you'll get the games in their purest form and be able to experience why people fell in love with them in the first place, especially when it comes to Dead Space 1 & 2. Right now we have no idea if this remake is going to do the original game justice or not. As for if they'll remake the others, that's anyone's guess at this point, but I wouldn't bet on it. I suppose it depends on whether or not EA considers it to be successful or not. Even if they do end up remaking the whole trilogy, that will take years, and it'll be £70 a pop too. Meanwhile, you can pick up the original trilogy on PS3 for pennies. My advice would be to play the originals first, and if you do end up liking them, then you can look into playing the remake later when it's cheaper.

Edited by Undead Wolf
  • Like 1

On 10/9/2022 at 0:27 AM, SCREWBWOI said:

I was wondering if I should play the original trilogy or start from the remake.

The original Dead Space is amazing. The rest of the four games go downhill with each installment.

Edited by Helyx