This is the worst game I have ever played

Someone's mad ??? 

WWE veteran fan/gamer here, it's one of the most fun wrestling games I ever touched, specially playing it with someone else using two controllers (or more). This beats the ridiculous WWE 2K20 any day of the week. I absolutely loved this game and the only thing that sucks is the stupid micro transactions.

"This is the worst game I have ever played" LMAO, I guess you didn't play many games in your life yet. 

On 09/07/2021 at 4:59 PM, JiII-Valentine-- said:

It's my first WWE game and I love it so much (never watched the show). I was surprised when I saw so many negative comments online about this game. The fact they have a female roster is amazing. It was the main reason why I tried this game in the first place. I finished a 30 player royal rumble on normal and it was so satisfying to see that trophy pop. However, I did experience frame drops. To fix it, I paused the game and waited a few seconds then resumed playing. As for the microtransactions, everything can be unlocked by playing the game, which I appreciated. I'm now interested in seeing what the other WWE games are like.

Right!?!? This game is hella fun, it's cool to see new people getting interested in WWE like yourself. The game is absolutely hilarious, super fun to play and has great visuals. I really liked this new different game from the standard realistic wrestling simulators that we get every year. 

Edited by fresquinho
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, fresquinho said:

Someone's mad 1f602.png1f602.png1f602.png 

WWE veteran fan/gamer here, it's one of the most fun wrestling games I ever touched, specially playing it with someone else using two controllers (or more). This beats the ridiculous WWE 2K20 any day of the week. I absolutely loved this game and the only thing that sucks is the stupid micro transactions.

"This is the worst game I have ever played" LMAO, I guess you didn't play many games in your life yet. 

Right!?!? This game is hella fun, it's cool to see new people getting interested in WWE like yourself. The game is absolutely hilarious, super fun to play and has great visuals. I really liked this new different game from the standard realistic wrestling simulators that we get every year. 

I don't go out of my way to play shitty games. I never played 2K20 because it was obvious it was a piece of shit. If you were dumb enough to pay for it knowing it was a piece of garbage that's on you. If this is one of the best wrestling games you have ever played, I feel bad for you. Not mad at all, the game just sucks that's all. It would appear I hurt your feelings by insulting this game, you will have to suck it up because I'm not the only one who doesn't like this piece of shit.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12. 07. 2021. at 0:46 AM, XXIIlII said:

Worse than just cause 4?

I personally enjoyed every just cause game...this game gives me frustration and makes me wanna throw controller in wall

As for jc4 is not that bad as people say...campain is boring but game world is big and lot of things to destroy plus i really enjoyed dare devils of destruction DLC

On 7/9/2021 at 11:44 AM, yellowwindow7 said:

thank God I stop caring and most importantly I stop buying or playing wrestling games, the last ones I ever played was WWF Smackdown! on the ps1 and Def Jam Vendetta on the ps2, since then I never touched this genre of games ever since and even stopped watch WWE all together.

After the Rock and Stone Cold retired...was there ever any point to watch it again?  No.

I liked 2K games on PS2, yet haven't tried on 3 or newer consoles, and they were great in the past, perhaps something has changed.  I've only ever owned 1 wrestling video game, and I won't own another.  It was awesome, Smackdown! Shut Your Mouth, yet no need to buy or own one again.

4 minutes ago, LegendExeter said:

After the Rock and Stone Cold retired...was there ever any point to watch it again?  No.

I liked 2K games on PS2, yet haven't tried on 3 or newer consoles, and they were great in the past, perhaps something has changed.  I've only ever owned 1 wrestling video game, and I won't own another.  It was awesome, Smackdown! Shut Your Mouth, yet no need to buy or own one again.

Wrestling today has been lousy and has largely been that way since The Rock/Stone Cold era nearly 20 years ago!

But I’ll say playing Battlegrounds got me to know the newer wrestlers a little bit better and even check out Raw/Smackdown again (yes, it’s terrible).

I have an itch to get a WWE 2K game for the first time, assuming it gets a good review again (2K20 was understandably massacred).  Sometime down the road on the PS5.  The best part of it is that the Legends roster is usually deep, SCSA, The Rock, Flair, Hogan, and so many others.

Battlegrounds was never meant to be a full-blown title.  Like other games we received on Plus, such as Star Wars Squadrons and Maneater, it was a reduced priced title from release.

It honestly reminded me a lot of Maneater.  Rather shallow gameplay, not a whole lot of depth to the career, some repetition, but also a little bit of charm to make it “ok”, definitely not terrible. 

• Like 1

It's got goods, it's got bads. Overall it's an decent arcade-y experience. Fair price for the entertainment value in my opinion is $20. 

The campaign is ass, its difficulty is ass, and the story is ass as well. Wrestlemania matches against Ember Moon and Undertaker were both horribly imbalanced. 

The create a wrestler mode having very little content, and majority of it locked behind campaign side-missions or paywall is frustrating, then upgrading the wrestler costs in-game currency or real currency. 

The tutorial is ass. The controls are ass, with having the face buttons being the counter, but also having mash [X] to recover causes more missed counters than i have toes in a single match. 

I counted about 10 "sports entertainers" that have been let go this year by WWE.  So as far as historically accurate, it's heckin outdated already. 

Fuck Gronk being in the game and having such a high rating. PR stunt bullshit. 

About the only good in the campaign is the sillyness with Stone Cold Steve Austin being completely out of character, the few easter eggs hidden inside the comic pages it is presented as 

Other than that, local couch play is pretty fun. Not so fun to button mash though so not great for the younger kiddies.

I don't recall seeing Lex Luger, Dudley Boyz or Matt Hardy. I guess if you're not on good terms with the company you don't get in even if you're super-over for your era. Like some of more prominent female personas are missing, Ivory, Miss Elisabeth, Sherri Martel, Moolah/Mae Young. Like my dudes, Sable, isn't in the game. Think about that.

• 2 weeks later...

So, since i´ve tried to 100% the game today, here my opinion:

THIS GAME IS CRAP. 

Not the worst game out there, but definitely somewhere up top. For a dedicated fighting game its simply not good enough.

Controls are unresponsive, AI is able to counter anything you throw at them.

And the Royal Battle is the worst, for one reason: the battlefield is too small. With 4 warriors you get boxed in fast. If 2 of them want your blood, you´re done. Even if only one targets you, and you want to heal, its no option, since the millisecond you push the button he rushes you, and the animation cannot be interrupted. so you lose part of that heal. 

And every time a new fighter comes in, he immediately rushes "someone". meaning a 1/3 chance its the player. You dont see where he comes in, he just BOOOM, fist to face style. 

Also its easy to get stun-locked. Especially if 2 or 3 guys rumble in the same corner. 

Its like the people making the game did not playtest it. 

Thing is, most of the problems i personally have could be fixed with a slight change. make the Ring like, 20% bigger. Just a bit. 

Because those fukin luchador guys can cover almost the whole ring with their jump ability. 

Hell, i´m not against a challenge, but this? Thats just plain stupid :(

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Not the worst game in terms of concept and gameplay, especially given that the campaign mode is a pretty decent challenge in terms of difficulty

Mind that said its one of the worst games ive played for glitches and crashes etc. Mostly only when trying the 30 man rumble, but ive lost numerous times by being glitched/warped straight through the ropes to standing on the outside, ive had it drop to likely sub 10 FPS at times, and last night it just plain old crashed on me during a pretty decent run :D:(

Fed up but want it cleared now

Edited by HedleyNEUK

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...