This is the worst game I have ever played

I wouldn’t say it’s the worst WWE game, yes the game is a total micro-transaction hell but as a WWE fan it’s not that bad. Sure the controls sucks ass but you’ll get used to it. I had no idea what I was doing until I just started to learn how to cheese opponents online and I won a tournament. I would say the game is not worth for its original price but because it’s for free, give it a go. If you like WWE All Stars, you might like it. I give it a 6/10 just because there have been worse games cough cough WWE2K15 and 20

Edited by Drizzora
  • Like 1

Game is not very good. I just played it earlier today, I played a bit of the campaign, and it is not good. Superstars fells very identical to each other and there are time savers for Wrestlers which is just there to encourage you to spend money on microtransactions. Although grinding them out isnt bad, just the gameplay is boring with just generic power ups. And once you grabbed up everything in the Campaign and the trophies, there is just boredom to be had with the game. A plus side, it is not as buggy as it was in 2K20, if anyone remembers that game.

Edited by mckbros
  • Like 1

The game is fine for what it is.  An arcade style wrestler that was never a full priced game.

I had some enjoyment progressing through the campaign and unlocking superstars of years past, namely the Nature Boy Ric Flair.  Wooooo!  

Micro-transactions are a option in most games.  Definitely not needed.  You’ll get plenty of credits doing daily challenges, most of which take less than 5 minutes to complete.  Not the deepest game by any means (never intended for that), but an easy and straight-forward 100%.  Similar to what NBA Playgrounds is to 2K.  A change of pace.

• Like 4

I happen to love the character models and art direction, WWE All Stars was one of my favorite wrestling games and I really dig the exaggerated, cartoonish designs here.

Gameplay wise, yes it's not very deep, fairly mediocre and monotonous, but it's functional, it's not broken or non-responsive, there are far worse wrestling games out there. I play a few quick matches for 30 minutes every day over my lunch break and it's been fun so far. It's a "switch off your brain and just have fun" type of game. But if you are looking for something more, I can see how you might be disappointed.

• Like 2

I've actually had more fun with it than I've had with the sterile and bloated 2K series. That series has somehow achieved sucking out all of the fun of playing wrestling games (except their Create-a-Superstar modes, which are still amazing). I prefer Arcade-style wrestling games, and never quite understod why everything was taken in the Simulation-direction to begin with. Sure, the graphics are childish, and the gameplay is rather shallow, but I think it's a fun little game. And I actually like the graphics. I prefer a simplistic graphical style over the absolutely terrible models we've been getting in the 2K series, which are supposed to look more realistic and life-like, but just always look like they are (at least) one generation behind.

Edited by Maahniac

6 hours ago, whassupbun said:

I happen to love the character models and art direction, WWE All Stars was one of my favorite wrestling games and I really dig the exaggerated, cartoonish designs here.

Gameplay wise, yes it's not very deep, fairly mediocre and monotonous, but it's functional, it's not broken or non-responsive, there are far worse wrestling games out there. I play a few quick matches for 30 minutes every day over my lunch break and it's been fun so far. It's a "switch off your brain and just have fun" type of game. But if you are looking for something more, I can see how you might be disappointed.

I beg to differ regarding the game being functional when several people have experienced the glitch that teleports you out of the ring in the royal rumble. That is pretty broken and non-functioning.

As far as looking for something more and being disappointed, that is not true in my case either as I already thought this looked bad and only gave it a try because it was free. It was even worse than I thought it would be. But if you can get enjoyment out of the game it's all good. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

I have this downloaded and will try it on an alt account to see if it's worth actually playing.

I enjoy arcade wrestling more than simulation and I don't really care about the character models. They look dumb but kind of better than the ugly ones 2K has been using, since those are supposed to be life-like. 

Not using a Superstar for the career is very stupid, though.

39 minutes ago, Juzota said:

You guys are real lucky if this is actually the worst game you've ever played. I agree that the game is not very good, but it's not horrible.

Yeah, it is a pedestrian 6 or 7 out of 10.  Nothing amazing or deep but fine for what it is.  I had a similar experience playing Maneater.  And fans of wrestling (past or present) should get a kick out of it.

I also had frame rate drops when you have a Royal Rumble or lots in the ring in the same time.

Honestly, sounds like several of the people really railing on it are those struggling and worried they won’t be able to get 100%.  

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Juzota said:

You guys are real lucky if this is actually the worst game you've ever played. I agree that the game is not very good, but it's not horrible.

Absolutely.

And just in case anyone's worried about bias because of my username, I don't actually watch or follow wrestling and the name comes from a community in-joke xD (though I did enjoy the attitude era casually in my younger years)

This game is a simple little affair, it's not deep and it's not something you're going to plough hundreds of hours in or make it on any of your 'best games' lists but it's honestly not bad either.

With my growing backlog usually these kind of games get a pass from me because I have too many bigger and better games still to play but sometimes some of these games just hit the spot and offer a nice change of pace.

I've had a handful of frame drops, though I haven't tackled the large royal rumble yet so I can't comment on that but the story rumbles have had no issues so far.

For people to think of this as the worst game they've ever played must be hyperbole, either that or someone who hasn't played many games.

The micros and general modern day way of unlocking stuff is... annoying to see as always, but, at least it's not all too bad. I haven't bought any characters yet and I've just been slowly going through the story but I can already buy a lot of the most expensive wrestlers through that amount of natural play. Sure, to buy ALL the wrestlers it might take a fair amount of time (I don't know yet) but who cares about the nobodies, I'll get The Rock, Stone Cold, Kane, Flair etc. (Y'know, the ones people actually know or care about xD) and my favourite The Undertaker is unlocked from the start anyways.

Besides, as I say, this game isn't deep. Most wrestlers will play the same so it's mostly just the cosmetic of having your favourites, there's no real point to unlock everyone like you may want from a typical wrestling game. That sounds like a plus and a negative rolled into one lol 'hey don't worry you don't need to buy them because they're worthless' xD but I think it's fine for what this game is.

• Like 2

If this is genuinely the worst game that some people have played, then I envy them. Hell, it's not even the worst wrestling game I've ever played *glares at 2k15*

Don't think it's worth the normal price of £34.99 and the premium currency/microtransactions-in-a-non-F2P-game are as scumbaggy as ever but I can't stay mad at a game that lets me through Hulk Hogan into the mouth of an alligator.

• Like 1

I don't touch the sport titles 2K develops and publishes. This is just another pass for me.

As for the product itself, WWE is now just a shadow of what it used to be. The PG generation that started with Linda McMahon's failed political campaign in 2008 did much to ruin the product. Suddenly there was a generation of kids who were big John Cena fans, certainly nothing like the epic matchups of The Rock vs Stone Cold Steve Austin that I grew up watching.

Legends of Wrestlemania is probably the only WWE game I will ever have on my list. Most of everything post 2010 - 2012 is garbage. I tried watching WWE here and there, but I couldn't stand the bad writing.

WWE's response to the whole COVID-19 pandemic last year further cemented my strong dislike for the product. It needs new management and new ideas, otherwise it's just going to fade into a memory. Other professional wrestling outlets have actually done a much better job in entertaining their audience.

• Like 1