The Walking Dead

Dreakon139

I was honestly very disappointed with the mid-season premiere. The show isn't as attention-arresting as it once was, and it's not due to a lack of material or weak characters; I feel that the show has just stagnated and I'm just waiting on the next big change for the characters and the world in which they find themselves. I adore the graphic novels and thoroughly enjoyed the first season of the show, as well as its second season (the Daryl-centric episode was sublime), however I feel that the show needs to turn its characters on their heads and mix it up a little. It's in danger of spending an entire season without any major progression. Now in saying that, I'm aware that there are a few episodes left, I'm simply just worried that the show won't hit the glorious heights that it is more than capable of.

Edit: Don't start me on that dire car crash...

Rick is the F-ing man.

finally got around to watching S2E8.

and to tell the truth, it ain't always about the action. sometimes the build up of the Drama is what drives a season.

and really, I'm still pumped and it seems to be coming to a boiling bubble that's about to pop.

can't help but to think, with all the living that seem to be popping up everywhere, someone say what happened to Otis.

the situation with him was mention quite a bit.

Episode 9 :yay: . can't wait.....

I enjoyed it, and to sound like a broken record, as a reader of the books, I can see the character development working. I just wonder if I would enjoy it as much, if i didnt know the bigger picture?

I do like how the series has branched off from the books whilst keeping the personality traits of each of the characters.

This post mortem episode was needed to show how splintered the group has become as well as show how Carl is becoming colder due to his environment, and how Rick will do whatever it takes to protect the group.

As for the car crash... ermmmm... guess we will just have to see on that.

I can see series 3 being a blinder, but they have to keep the more casual fans interested to insure that it gets commisioned.

hey Dreakon, think that you can post a pic of the main characters just to keep track and or maybe their names under it. by season of course.

What do you mean? I think there are sites where you can find the characters pictures and names.

Or are you looking to make this like a comprehensive all-things-Walking Dead kind of thread?

What do you mean? I think there are sites where you can find the characters pictures and names.

Or are you looking to make this like a comprehensive all-things-Walking Dead kind of thread?

Hahaha. This might be too much, but I was thinking a pick of the cast in 1st post of all current main characters and kind of Xing them out as the season goes on. Cause I have a feeling We will be loosing a few according to how I've interprited readers of the comic book.

But like I said, that might be a bit much. But just to keep up with the characters a pick with characters & names would be kool. Like 1 pick with them all in it. Just for entertainment purposes.

Hahaha. This might be too much, but I was thinking a pick of the cast in 1st post of all current main characters and kind of Xing them out as the season goes on. Cause I have a feeling We will be loosing a few according to how I've interprited readers of the comic book.

But like I said, that might be a bit much. But just to keep up with the characters a pick with characters & names would be kool. Like 1 pick with them all in it. Just for entertainment purposes.

If you find some images to use, I'll gladly toss them into the OP. :)

"Triggerfinger" sure started off with a bang but it went out with a whimper. Once again, Lori stinks up the show with her general nonsense, Andrea has another "no way she's that stupid" moment and Glenn (one of my favorites) tossed his hat into the most annoying female pool.

The opening bar scene was sweet and I really liked what's-her-name (Sophie's mom) being willing to be a punching bag one last time for Daryl's abuse. I kind of forgot about the abuse she took from her original husband until I saw her standing tall when Daryl was telling her off. That "I know I can take this" posture she took was my favorite scene in this episode and was easily her best moment.

Looks like the Rick/Shane war is about to ignite.

"Triggerfinger" sure started off with a bang but it went out with a whimper. Once again, Lori stinks up the show with her general nonsense, Andrea has another "no way she's that stupid" moment and Glenn (one of my favorites) tossed his hat into the most annoying female pool.

The opening bar scene was sweet and I really liked what's-her-name (Sophie's mom) being willing to be a punching bag one last time for Daryl's abuse. I kind of forgot about the abuse she took from her original husband until I saw her standing tall when Daryl was telling her off. That "I know I can take this" posture she took was my favorite scene in this episode and was easily her best moment.

Looks like the Rick/Shane war is about to ignite.

thanks for the spoiler alert. no need to watch it now. :shakefist:

thanks for the spoiler alert. no need to watch it now. :shakefist:

I promise watching the episode will give you a LOT more than just reading my post. Trust me, with the exception of the scene w/Sophie's mom and Daryl, I left my opinions pretty vague on purpose.

After you watch the episode, if you still feel like I killed it for you I will absolutely and willingly give you a backhanded apology full of reasons as to why I'm still right... this is an internet forum after all :)

Ok, So no content from me this week, not even in spoiler tags!

Episode 10 hit all the right spots for me, whether it will be enough to keep the more casual fans happy I dont know.

I think the next few posts from people after seeing this episode will be quite interesting to read. Skidmark, I really want to get your view on it.

Just watched it while eating some tasty tacos.

Very cool episode, AF probably said it best with "hit all the right spots". Quite frankly, I'm getting a little tired of them panning away from the action all the time for more drama from the ladies, but I guess that's to be expected sometimes. The episode had a little bit of everything and actually left me feeling a little emotional at the end.

Speaking of the end, anyone know what that song was? It was catchy.

******FIRST AND FOREMOST... ANYONE WHO HASN'T WATCHED 18 MILES OUT YET AVERT YOUR EYES, SPOILERS******

18 miles out was a huge change in pace. I read that this was Marazza's first episode at the helm and there was for sure a noticeable difference. I have some gripes, and I have some praise... but mostly praise. First of all the gun in the mouth kill during Ricks unfortunate dogpile definitely earned the Zombieland "zombie kill of the week"... that was freakin' awesome!

The throwdown between Rick and Shane kind of told a lot about the characters' potential futures to me, you could argue that Shane has now either considered or actively tried to kill Rick three times. I say three because tipping a giant motorcycle onto a guy in that world could easily be a death sentence. I honestly think Shane's days on the show are winding down. I doubt anyone, save Andrea, is going to blow off another death or attempted murder at his hands without acting on it and we all know that at this point he really can't help himself

I didn't much care for the scenes that were shot from the captive kids point of view, the style itself was interesting but it made Rick look a bit too much like an abductor instead of the man who rescued him in the first place. They did however make up for it a bit by focusing on his reluctance to kill him, especially when he still demanded to sleep on it after he all but decided it must be done.

Most of the scenes that involved the actual zombies had some subtleties that I really liked, like the zombies inability to climb down from something...splat, and Shane having zero reaction when they drove by the single zombie in the field, it's just an everyday part of life for them now.

I gotta vent one pet peeve of mine that was used when they were baiting the zombies with blood and braining them. When blood is needed, why does everyone in movies and television slice their palm open? Honestly, why not cut the back of your forearm or something. Slicing your palm open is a TERRIBLE idea unless you want everything you do for the next month to be difficult and painful.

I gotta give huge props to Andrea for putting Lori in her place. I hate everything about Lori and loved hearing someone finally say what we're all thinking.

The suicide angle was pretty meh, but I guess they needed some way to get a couple characters beyond Shane and Rick on the screen and at least it served that purpose.

Finally, Not having Glenn, Herschel, Dale,Carl, Daryl, T-dog (ugh), and Sophie's mom (can never remember her name) on the show at all kind of threw me and makes me wonder if they're going to try and break individual storylines into stand-alone episodes more often... who knows maybe T-dog can actually be part of an arc sometime if 75% of the rest of the cast never appears on screen.

Glad to say that this show has FINALLY become exciting again.

• Like 1

Okay, I think I figured out how to use a spoiler tag now... hopefully.

This episode seemed like it had a harder time figuring out what it wanted to do than Rick and the gang had with the Randal decision (please don't let him become the new "Sophie" style anchor).

While last week they only focused on a few characters, this week they made sure EVERYBODY had to have something going on. Even T-dog almost got to be a part of the storyline.

Most people hated Dale in this episode and were glad to see him go but I thought he put on a great performance. His preaching was kind of heavy but when he was on the verge of tears during the meeting I was convinced that his heart was genuinely broken. Jeffery DeMunn deserves a pat on the back for that.

We finally had a large character death (why oh why wasn't it Lori) that hit home pretty good. I kept waiting for someone to tell him Rick couldn't do it before he died but it never happened which made his going a little more tragic to me.

Everything else was pretty useless really, Carl got "cold" but it looks like that isn't going to stick. Rick accepted how their world works and was on deck to follow the majority and do what needed to be done but it didn't stick. Lori got told off again by my new favorite character Carol (I even learned her name) and Herschel gave Glenn, who I guess isn't mad anymore, a watch... oh yeah, Shane still disagrees with everything Rick does.

All in all it was an okay episode. Better than the majority of the 2nd seasons episodes but again, not as good as we know they're capable of.

• Like 1

Here are my thoughts:

Yeah, still kind of lagging for me, but I agree 100% about Lori....she so needs to go. Rick, as usual has shown himself to be weak, and I for one think Shane should be the one in charge. He may have a temper, but he will make sure that people are protected and not take stupid risks. If these were real events, people like Rick just end up getting people killed.

I was surprised to see Dale killed off. Jeffery DeMunn has always been a quality actor (best known as one of the "Hollywood Elite" when it comes to character actors), and his abilities came though with pure conviction during the meeting in the living room.

TWD needs to get back to its "Survival" aspect and stop with the friggin' soap opera/"humanitarian" BS.

• Like 1